• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how do you feel when threatened with Hell?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Nobody has ever come back from being dead to explain what happens, so we don't know. Perhaps we could end up being like we were before conception, which again is unknown. However since we belong to the Kingdom Animalia and specifically in the Class - Mammalia, Order - Primates, Family - Hominidae, did you ever consider what happens to our other anchestors when they die? Why should they be different from us in this respect?:)
My mother used to say the same thing, that nobody ever has come back from the dead. But the point of the whole Bible starting with Adam is that God is in control, and He will do away with death.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Supposed to be Einstein's words, not mine.. but I agree with them..:)
Einstein died kind of young, he, as far as I discern, had a fairly troubled life. When he was dying if I remember correctly, he said something like one life was enough for him. Being that I appreciate life although we ALL suffer -- including myself -- I look forward to a life without pain and suffering filled with happiness forever. I believe it is possible.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
My mother used to say the same thing, that nobody ever has come back from the dead. But the point of the whole Bible starting with Adam is that God is in control, and He will do away with death.
The Bible does not say that God will do away with physical death.
Physical death will always exist since humans and other animals were created to be mortal. Immortality is of the soul/spirit, not of the physical body.

DNB

Christian
How do you feel when people threaten you with Hell?

For me it brings about an enormous sense of superiority

I think it's supposed to scare me

It really doesn't
Anyone who doesn't alert others of danger, is a wicked person.
You can perceive one's intent as you like, either way, you've been warned.