• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know if God loves you?

Vor

There is so much tourmoil in the world CONSTANTLY. I don't just mean your drive to work but when tribesmen have to stand guard during the night for fear of being robbed, raped, and killed.

This is a retorical question or just something you may feel the calling to meditate on, or your welcome to shout out an answer. This is a forum afterall.

Muffled

Jesus in me
We know He loves us because He suffered and died to save us from sin and death.

Joh 15:13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
What Muffled said. Also I know from my own experience. No matter how bad our money situation gets, we always manage to stay above the water.

Ronald

There is so much tourmoil in the world CONSTANTLY. I don't just mean your drive to work but when tribesmen have to stand guard during the night for fear of being robbed, raped, and killed.

This is a retorical question or just something you may feel the calling to meditate on, or your welcome to shout out an answer. This is a forum afterall.
Ever gone camping in the wilderness?
Jn.3:16
Gan Eden was tranquil, it will be again! Because he loves you, there is a way to return to him and his new heaven and new earth. But you have to endure what is today.

Shalom

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

The turmoil is there, because people have opted to "do the wrong thing" - God loves us so much that we have been told that he will forgive us our sins, should we be honest enough to see them, and repent them.

He even gave his son in sacrifice to let us be forgiven.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Because there is love. Amongst the ashes of battle and the screams of torment, we still rise with compassion and love one another.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
"God" is sometimes a placeholder term for a certain kind of experience. That experience is often associated with an overwhelming sense of being loved.

Popeyesays

Arabic Hidden Words, verse 4:
1O SON OF MAN! I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.

Regards,
Scott

eXiled

I like logic.
Debating with one who refuses to see is like 'Tilting with Windmills'.
Convincing the convinced is fruitless.
You asked, I answered, you did not like the answer. So goodbye!

Shalom

Wow... but who says he's convinced? Maybe he, like myself, are looking for the positive notion that God exists and are throwing bones out for people to respond to and refute.
I want to believe, but I can't. I can't believe a God who loves me would torture me the way he does. He created the universe, so here's your freaky and painful disease! He may be looking for answers from people who seem to believe in God so much, that they go to forums about him. Usually, I just go to wrestling forums. :)

Ronald

Wow... but who says he's convinced? Maybe he, like myself, are looking for the positive notion that God exists and are throwing bones out for people to respond to and refute.
I want to believe, but I can't. I can't believe a God who loves me would torture me the way he does. He created the universe, so here's your freaky and painful disease! He may be looking for answers from people who seem to believe in God so much, that they go to forums about him. Usually, I just go to wrestling forums. :)
He basicly said "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!"
No man can convince you of the truth of God! You must be willing to seek him.

I myself was at the point you and he was, the difference is that I knew there had to be a higher power and myself was at it's end, without intervention from a higher power, I would not be here now. When you get to that point, you get on your knees and look up your Yeshua/salvation is nigh. But until then stick your nose in the bible and search for truth. If you are awaiting a brilliant man to show you God exisists, please don't hold your breath, for you will turn mighty blue and pass out or worse. Man can point to the truth, God convicts and opens eyes! Talk to him. Seriously, he will open the eyes of a searcher.

Shalom

eXiled

I like logic.
He basicly said "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up!"
No man can convince you of the truth of God! You must be willing to seek him.

I myself was at the point you and he was, the difference is that I knew there had to be a higher power and myself was at it's end, without intervention from a higher power, I would not be here now. When you get to that point, you get on your knees and look up your Yeshua/salvation is nigh. But until then stick your nose in the bible and search for truth. If you are awaiting a brilliant man to show you God exisists, please don't hold your breath, for you will turn mighty blue and pass out or worse. Man can point to the truth, God convicts and opens eyes! Talk to him. Seriously, he will open the eyes of a searcher.

Shalom
I understand where you're coming from, however, in seeking the truth, like myself, I may tell you that I hate God, which I may at this point in my life, but I don't want to. I'm looking for religiously affluent people like yourself to point me in the right direction. I do think there is a highter power, or at least, I did. I may be a little confused at this point considering the pains running through my body or the useless drugs they have me on, but I've been on my knees and looked up and you know, no one answered. I've been talking to God for well over twenty years nightly... and now when I need him, he ignores me? Doesn't seem just to me. So some of us may not want a scripture, but some kind of affirmation that God will come through for us. Fear is big and holding onto the hopes that God will help or relieve me from this is fruitless when you're body is basically shutting down. When you have that happen to you, and believe me, it's not fun, then quote me some scripture. I mean not to be a smart allec or offend, but until you see something from all sides, no matter how extreme they are, like being deathly ill, then you can't really know. A scripture won't help that... Does God love me? Sorry, but I feel that he doesn't and no words presumably by this same God, Bible = word of God, will make me believe otherwise. Thanks for your input, though. It's appreciated.