• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you "KNOW" your religion is true?

Muffled

Jesus in me
This is mostly for those who claim unashamedly and outright that they have the truth. They know they have it, no question in their minds. Also, their religion is true and everyone else's is false.

For people like this, how do you know this? Explain?

I know this because the person embodying the truth, Jesus died for me on the cross.

One could say that a terrorist dies for people also but not to reveal the truth.

This is a flaw of generalization. Not everything about other people's religion is false, both can be true in many instances.

BruceDLimber

Nor, Waitasec, am I interested in what some third party says (the more so because the firewalls here prevent my seeing that, anyway). I was talking to YOU.

Peace,

Bruce

waitasec

Veteran Member
Nor, Waitasec, am I interested in what some third party says (the more so because the firewalls here prevent my seeing that, anyway). I was talking to YOU.

i thought that video mat have shed some light since i have been unable to be understood
you said i was...
stressing the negative while quietly ignoring positive events

isn't it fair to say, the positive points have already been stressed? that's a given. just because i'm putting the spotlight on the negative aspect of religion you seem to think i am being biased, when have you ever criticized religion?
inter faith organizations does not work for the simple fact that each faith thinks it's the true faith...the goal is to unite people while chasing a different carrot...even within your own faith you have "covenant breakers" so how can i take inter faith organizations seriously when division is found within the boundaries of the same faith?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I know this because the person embodying the truth, Jesus died for me on the cross.
I think the question, Muffled, is how do you know that Jesus embodied the truth. How do you know that He was who He claimed to be? I'm not suggesting that your statement is false. Personally, I believe it to be true. The question is how do you know?

BruceDLimber

I find constructive dialogue far more worth while than condemning others. As ever, YMMV.

nter faith organizations does not work for the simple fact that each faith thinks it's the true faith.

Clearly false!

Our own scriptures make this point quite clearly:

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."

—(The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 114;
also Gleanings, CXI, pp. 217-8)

And your reference to something unrelated doesn't change this.

Peace,

Bruce

waitasec

Veteran Member
I find constructive dialogue far more worth while than condemning others. As ever, YMMV.

"There can be no doubt whatever that the peoples of the world, of whatever race or religion, derive their inspiration from one heavenly Source, and are the subjects of one God. The difference between the ordinances under which they abide should be attributed to the varying requirements and exigencies of the age in which they were revealed. All of them, except a few which are the outcome of human perversity, were ordained of God, and are a reflection of His Will and Purpose. Arise and, armed with the power of faith, shatter to pieces the gods of your vain imaginings, the sowers of dissension amongst you. Cleave unto that which draweth you together and uniteth you."[/I]

—(The Proclamation of Baha'u'llah, p. 114;
also Gleanings, CXI, pp. 217-8)

And your reference to something unrelated doesn't change this.

Peace,

Bruce

then why can't your religion apply the same to covenant breakers and accept them as another sect? this why i said what you quoted me..

even within your own faith you have "covenant breakers" so how can i take inter faith organizations seriously when division is found within the boundaries of the same faith?

PansarBlack

Everyone knows that their religious beliefs are right of they would not believe them. If I didn't know that my religion is right then I would not follow it and if a Christian didn't know that their religion was right then they wouldn't believe it.
I know that they are wrong just I they know that I am, however much I know this I couldn't care less about what other people believe because it is their own buisness.

lunamoth

Will to love
1 Corinthians 13

1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

BruceDLimber

then why can't your religion apply the same to covenant breakers?

For the simple reason that as I already explained, these are individuals attempting either to topple the religion from within, or else trying to establish themselves as "the authorities" for issuing doctrinal interpretations that others must then follow.

And whether YOU like it or not, EVERY religion has the same sort of self-defensive measures for expellilng such persons from its ranks--we're not the least unique in this!

Simple as that.

Bruce

waitasec

Veteran Member
For the simple reason that as I already explained, these are individuals attempting either to topple the religion from within, or else trying to establish themselves as "the authorities" for issuing doctrinal interpretations that others must then follow.

And whether YOU like it or not, EVERY religion has the same sort of self-defensive measures for expellilng such persons from its ranks--we're not the least unique in this!

Simple as that.

Bruce

i KNOW you are not unique in this...this is a religion after all.
but if you respect the doctrinal interpretations of other religions why not theirs? you are contradicting yourself, from how i see it. why not accept them as a sect, because it doesn't seem like it's one person it's a group of people who have a different perspective. what is the difference between this and the gnostic heretics in early days of the church. what happened between catholics and protestants in history...? nothing new. same old song and dance as far as i can tell. so once religious institutions can get their act together... i'll respect them. but i don't ever see that happening, because of this mentality; my interpretations of doctrine is right yours is wrong...

phil707

all of this is bull crap. there is no such thing as god and with that no such thing as any god whatsoever. honestly its all just to con you all out of your own money from prehistoric times (litteraly) about some make believe woman who was a virgin (probably not) who gave birth to a child called jesus who possesed godly powers (and thats obviously true isn't it) Now ive trolled this article u might aswell wonder to yourself, "why listen to this dude, and yeah think that but read the bible again and think to yourself "can this realy be true"

CHRISTIAN COUNTER ARGUMENT GOD DOES NOT EXIST!

Jacksnyte

Reverend
all of this is bull crap. there is no such thing as god and with that no such thing as any god whatsoever. honestly its all just to con you all out of your own money from prehistoric times (litteraly) about some make believe woman who was a virgin (probably not) who gave birth to a child called jesus who possesed godly powers (and thats obviously true isn't it) Now ive trolled this article u might aswell wonder to yourself, "why listen to this dude, and yeah think that but read the bible again and think to yourself "can this realy be true"

CHRISTIAN COUNTER ARGUMENT GOD DOES NOT EXIST!

Yeah, ok, but what do YOU believe? Don't be shy! ;)

sparcz1978

This is mostly for those who claim unashamedly and outright that they have the truth. They know they have it, no question in their minds. Also, their religion is true and everyone else's is false.

many religion believe and preached that they are true religion, no one say they are not true or they are not from God.

even they use the Bible verses to prove that they are true and appear in the right time that the Bible say.

Many have quarreled about religion that never practice it.

But the Bible also testify how to know the false religion or false prophet.

not all believers of God and Christ was accepted in heaven.

Matthew 7:21 (New International Version, ©2010)

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

even doing wonderful works

Matthew 7:22-23 (New International Version, ©2010)

22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

the worship in commandments of men is not acceptable to God and Christ

Matthew 15:9 (New International Version, ©2010)

9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[a]”

Isaiah 29:13 (New International Version, ©2010)

13 The Lord says:
“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught.[a]

doing sacrifice to their body is not acceptable

Colossians 2:22-23 (New International Version, ©2010)

22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

just like Nadab and abihu

Leviticus 10:1-2 (New International Version, ©2010)

Leviticus 10

The Death of Nadab and Abihu

1 Aaron’s sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, contrary to his command. 2 So fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed them, and they died before the LORD.

and also UZZA

2 Samuel 6:1-7 (New International Version, ©2010)

2 Samuel 6

The Ark Brought to Jerusalem

1 David again brought together all the able young men of Israel—thirty thousand. 2 He and all his men went to Baalah[a] in Judah to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the Name, the name of the LORD Almighty, who is enthroned between the cherubim on the ark. 3 They set the ark of God on a new cart and brought it from the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, sons of Abinadab, were guiding the new cart 4 with the ark of God on it,[c] and Ahio was walking in front of it. 5 David and all Israel were celebrating with all their might before the LORD, with castanets,[d] harps, lyres, timbrels, sistrums and cymbals.
6 When they came to the threshing floor of Nakon, Uzzah reached out and took hold of the ark of God, because the oxen stumbled. 7 The LORD’s anger burned against Uzzah because of his irreverent act; therefore God struck him down, and he died there beside the ark of God.

why uzza die in her act?

Numbers 4:15 (New International Version, ©2010)

15 “After Aaron and his sons have finished covering the holy furnishings and all the holy articles, and when the camp is ready to move, only then are the Kohathites to come and do the carrying. But they must not touch the holy things or they will die. The Kohathites are to carry those things that are in the tent of meeting.

the doctrines is also the proof of being true or false prophet.

1 timothy 4:1-4

1 Timothy 4:1-4 (New International Version, ©2010)

1 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2 Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3 They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. 4 For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

which religion forbid people to marry and abstain certen food specially meat? think about it.

preaching of christ.. there is only one God the father

John 17:3

3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

God said. thou shall not Have any other God besides Him.

Exodus 20:2-5 (New International Version, ©2010)

2 “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

The apostles preached that if you believed in one God. Good! Do it well

James 2:19
"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

Trinity or polytheism is non biblical doctrine.

this is the other versews that tell us about false religion many seek to join

2 thimothy 4:3
Ezekiel 33:31
romans 10:1-3
Matthew 15:9
John 5:43
James 1:26
2 john 1:7
philippians 3:2-4
daniel 7:25
philippians 3:19
2 thesalonians 2:3-4
Deuteronomy 13:1-5 ; 20-22
ephesians 5:3-4

1 John 4:1-3 (King James Version)

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Matthew 5:19 (King James Version)

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Romans 16:17-18 (King James Version)
17Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

18For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

So look around you and search for the true church or religion. You can find it in your own.

1 Corinthians 2:4-5 (King James Version)

And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Sparcz what gives you the idea you should believe anything the Bible says? If you don't know you could have avoided the whole long post.

strikeviperMKII

Because it is. Truth is truth, no matter how you reach it.