• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you "KNOW" your religion is true?

sparcz1978

Sparcz what gives you the idea you should believe anything the Bible says? If you don't know you could have avoided the whole long post.

there are too many books about religions, but only the Bible can tell the truth and we saw it in our history, in our lives, and in our future.

many prophecies in the Bible that happened in our times specially the world wars, famines, floods, earthquakes, etc.

The less the Bible is read, The more it translated....:D

no other Books can tell this or that will happen in the future. the only thing that I believe now is this verse..

Luke 12:54-56 (King James Version)

54And he said also to the people, When ye see a cloud rise out of the west, straightway ye say, There cometh a shower; and so it is.

55And when ye see the south wind blow, ye say, There will be heat; and it cometh to pass.

56Ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky and of the earth; but how is it that ye do not discern this time?

the word of God is true
John 17:17 (King James Version)

17Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Isaiah 46:11 (King James Version)

11Calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man that executeth my counsel from a far country: yea, I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.

it happened

Matthew 24:6-8 (King James Version)

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

the knowledge will grow...

Daniel 12:4 (King James Version)
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Nahum 2:4-5 (King James Version)
The chariots shall rage in the streets, they shall justle one against another in the broad ways: they shall seem like torches, they shall run like the lightnings.
He shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walk; they shall make haste to the wall thereof, and the defence shall be prepared.

Daniel 7:25 (King James Version)
25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

Matthew 24:14 (King James Version)
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Deuteronomy 13:1-5 (King James Version)

1If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Timothy 4:1-4 (King James Version)

1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

all of this is my proof that the bible is the only book that we can trust and we use for our salvation.:angel2:;)

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
So basically you believe a book is true because it claims to be? So what if say the Quran also says it's true, what makes the Quran wrong and the Bible right?

Quran 5:48
“To you We sent the Qur'an down in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety, so judge between them by what Allâh has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that has come to you.”

So prove that the Quran isn't the word of god and the Bible is sparcz, after all, the Quran says it is. If it says it, it must be true.

sparcz1978

But what makes truth, truth? What is the truth? Care to explain?

if we say truth... because we believe and obey on it.

if we did not obey means it lies and against your belief or faith. that is our reason as a Man.

The Bible tell us everything we need to know or everything we ask.

almost 85% of the Bible prophecies is now in our history...10% in our time, 5% of it in Future.

only the Bible can tell this
Matthew 24:34-35 (New International Version, ©2010)

Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Psalm 12:6 (New International Version, ©2010)
And the words of the LORD are flawless,
like silver purified in a crucible,
like gold[a] refined seven times.

is there any book like this?

sparcz1978

So basically you believe a book is true because it claims to be? So what if say the Quran also says it's true, what makes the Quran wrong and the Bible right?

“To you We sent the Qur'an down in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety, so judge between them by what Allâh has revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that has come to you.”

So prove that the Quran isn't the word of god and the Bible is sparcz, after all, the Quran says it is. If it says it, it must be true.

give me the some prophecy in your quran that happened in our history?

prove it that quran is the true sorce of faith.

what allah said about future?

what allah said about killing innocent people?

do you believe in Moses? and Christ? look at our problems in terrorism?

did allah told the muslim to do that?

sparcz1978

"follow not their vain desires"

see what happened now into the people of Muslim...

they follow their own desires, killing each other even brothers, sisters in blood or faith because of powers and money....

Kidnapped for ransom, killing because of power in politics, killing because of money. what desires is in the quran? MILF and MNLF in the Philippines and in other islam and Muslim countries killing innocent people.

there is any prophecy in quran about this?

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
break-the-cycle.jpg

:facepalm:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
give me the some prophecy in your quran that happened in our history?

prove it that quran is the true sorce of faith.

what allah said about future?

what allah said about killing innocent people?

do you believe in Moses? and Christ? look at our problems in terrorism?

did allah told the muslim to do that?

Sparcz show us something from the Bible about the future. Show us George Washington becoming president.

unique75

This is mostly for those who claim unashamedly and outright that they have the truth. They know they have it, no question in their minds. Also, their religion is true and everyone else's is false.

For people like this, how do you know this? Explain?

.........., The words of GOD took many forms, and it was only to the Hearts HE nurture, thus understanding was given.........., Question here is, who are those Fortunate few finding such priceless treasures in their Heart?

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Except that even ZFC is only relatively consistent and/or complete. :p

In any case even the language I'm using to say this with is already known to be inconsistent, so what the heck am I complaining about? :bonk:

(For instance English allows the absurdity p = (if p, then ¬p) which allows us to derive p ^ ¬p, aka Curry's paradox)

Last edited:

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
OK, so you can't prove every truth, but everything you can prove is true. :p (Except if ZFC is inconsistent, in which case we're all scuppered.)

lol, indeed!

But even then, what you just said was done so through a known inconsistent system. Maybe we are all scuppered.

I'm having an interest lately in looking for ways to solve the aletheic paradoxes like the liar paradox, curry's paradox, that one that I forget its name where there's a word that means "an adjective that doesn't describe itself" and then asking if it describes itself a la Russell -- natural languages like English are in a pitiful state of inconsistency and it seems bizarre to me that we've fixed set theory but not something a little more widely important in general philosophy such as, oh, you know, THE SPOKEN LANGUAGE.

Muffled

Jesus in me
[/b]I think the question, Muffled, is how do you know that Jesus embodied the truth. How do you know that He was who He claimed to be? I'm not suggesting that your statement is false. Personally, I believe it to be true. The question is how do you know?

I believe I already said why but to strectch this a little further, things that ae true have evidence to support them. Jesus provides us evidence that He speaks the truth by His very words.

I have seen birds without clothing. When Jesus says birds don't wear clothing, I know He speaks the truth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Everyone knows that their religious beliefs are right of they would not believe them. If I didn't know that my religion is right then I would not follow it and if a Christian didn't know that their religion was right then they wouldn't believe it.
I know that they are wrong just I they know that I am, however much I know this I couldn't care less about what other people believe because it is their own buisness.

What you believe will determine your actions and the way you act will determine your karma.

Muffled

Jesus in me

The Bible gives evidence that there is a God. It could be true evidence or false evidence. I prayed to God and received an answer. Therefore the Bible provided true evidence that there is a God. Another man prays to God and does not receive an answer. However a lack of evidence is not equivalent to evidence. Now if God wanted it known that something in the Bible were not true He is capable of saying so however He has not said so and encourages use of the Bible as a source of truth.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
I believe I already said why but to strectch this a little further, things that ae true have evidence to support them. Jesus provides us evidence that He speaks the truth by His very words.
That's circular logic.

I have seen birds without clothing. When Jesus says birds don't wear clothing, I know He speaks the truth.
Are you serious?

The Bible gives evidence that there is a God. It could be true evidence or false evidence.
Technically, there shouldn't be such a thing as "false evidence". It's either true, or it's not evidence.

I prayed to God and received an answer.
What about people who pray to Allah and receive an answer? What about people who prayed to Zeus or Ra and received an answer? Conversely, what about the millions of people who pray to God and never receive an answer?

Therefore the Bible provided true evidence that there is a God. Another man prays to God and does not receive an answer. However a lack of evidence is not equivalent to evidence. Now if God wanted it known that something in the Bible were not true He is capable of saying so however He has not said so and encourages use of the Bible as a source of truth.
Except you have absolutely no way whatsoever to demonstrate that this is true.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
The Bible gives evidence that there is a God. It could be true evidence or false evidence.

maybe you are misunderstanding what the definition of evidence is.
i claim that i am god. is that evidence? no. it's an unsubstantiated claim.
evidence is something indicative. my hair is wet because of water. i may also say i performed miracles and people who heard rumors of my miracles wrote them down, but those stories aren't indicative of my miracles but rather evidence of the rumors.

I prayed to God and received an answer. Therefore the Bible provided true evidence that there is a God.

well i never pray obviously, and why do i feel that i would need to?
ultimately, people who help themselves... help themselves...
our consequences are subjected to our behaviors and choices.
if you are in financial ruin, a person with reason would sit back and not blame their circumstances because of forces unknown, it is after all, their choices to keep a particular life style they want to maintain. in order for change to happen, they would have to make different choices, sacrifices and observe their behavior in order for them to not get their self in that situation again...did i need god to come to that conclusion? no.

what if they prayed and won the lottery, are you really going to say that is evidence of god working because they prayed? what are the odds of this person changing their behavior of living beyond their means. it'll take sometime but guess what, they are going to be in the same place they were before winning the lottery, so was that really an answer to prayer or was luck just a band aid?

Another man prays to God and does not receive an answer. However a lack of evidence is not equivalent to evidence.

ok. evidence for what, his existence? there is overwhelming evidence that there is no supreme being who is concerned about the daily lives of people...

Now if God wanted it known that something in the Bible were not true He is capable of saying so

well the bible is full of many many untruths
if you want we can go through a list....

however He has not said so

what about the evidence that points to contradictions of learned truths science and archaeology?

and encourages use of the Bible as a source of truth.

who do you think used the bible as a means of control over many many people? it was a politician. and guess what, politicians still use it for control.

strikeviperMKII

What about people who pray to Allah and receive an answer? What about people who prayed to Zeus or Ra and received an answer? Conversely, what about the millions of people who pray to God and never receive an answer?

If they expect an answer, they will never get one.

Except you have absolutely no way whatsoever to demonstrate that this is true.

In your specific language, apparently not. The fact that it seems unprovable to you does not make it untrue. It just makes it unprovable to you.