• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How does your faith rationalize god allowing the existence of evil, death, and suffering?

anonymous9887

bible reader
Again with these questions? Have you not been clarified by me and many others?

1. He did not allow evil and suffering. People cause it themselves. Death is not exactly anything bad neither is it good but is put into interpretation. This life is a test to the Afterlife.

2. Do not get this question. Vague.

3. Evil things are still happening because people create them.

Take into consideration of all the good things before just thinking of the ''bad''.

Anyhow, that does not portray a bad God at all.

:)
Ok we can get into this again.
1. What was gods original purpose.for humans, or with what purpose did he create us in mind?

anonymous9887

bible reader
I think you'd have to ask God questions like that, how else could you possibly know the answer??
The question is those who have a region or manuscripts, because that is their final authority. If the book doesn't contain the answer maybe it is not divine.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Suffering is a state of being. Taking birth, we develop attachments with others, they yield expectations and greed, wgen they aren't fulfilled anger arises. When anger is predominant, delusion arises. From delusion comes bewilderment of memory that causes loss of intelligence leading into loss of all compassion, madness and emotions.
That's why evil occurs.
Ones own attachment and greed makes one do evil.
And death is a reaction to birth.
Whatever is created has to come to an end.
That's bearly touching on the subject, expand on it and explain it.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Ok at least your straight forward and not going around in circles. Appreciate your straight answer.
I can't serve a god like that unfortunately. I think that is evil and then plan it, and the type of punishment afterward doesn't give the picture of a god who is love.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Ok at least your straight forward and not going around in circles. Appreciate your straight answer.
I can't serve a god like that unfortunately. I think that is evil and then plan it, and the type of punishment afterward doesn't give the picture of a god who is love.

He gave us a life as a blessing brother.

People are basically causing themselves to go to Hell, not Allah.

Allah is All-Merciful, and All-Compassionate, but he is also Just.

God loves him if you obey him and give him respect.

I cannot speak for everyone that they will go to Hell, because Allah judges the best, there is not one little speck Allah eludes in judging.

allfoak

Alchemist
Evil, suffering and death are just perspectives.
The reality is much different.
Love, pleasure and life also are just perspectives.

What we are actually seeing when we look closely is something that includes them all.
Something that brings it all together into the middle.
That something has no description, it can only be experienced but since it can be experienced, it can be known.
The way in which we come to know that which unifies all things is described through the use of words like evil, suffering, death, life, pleasure, love and every other word and picture that exist are for the purpose of describing this thing which we all experience, yet continue to argue over it's existence.

Silly human race.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
This is a question for everyone who has a god including myself have to answer.
Why does your god or gods allow evil, suffering, and death?
Did this originate with gods initial plan?
Did god just create us and abandon us?
If our god(or gods)is good why are all these evil things still happening?
We can all criticize our texts and spit on other people's faith but does your own religion answer this difficult question?

The reasoning behind these questions Is basically being comfortable with these responses.
God created us to die?
God created us to test us?
God created us to suffer?

none of the sound plausible to me. These do not sound like a good god to me.

Please Explain your faith.
Once again, every time there is a post of this nature I ask, "What is wrong with suffering?" I've yet to get a coherent answer.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Please Explain your faith.
I look at life from the perspective that life is eternal and we are in the process of learning that. We live as individuals for eons and not one life. We all return to godhead in the end. If one could see one's life from separation from godhead through the eons to return to godhead then things and temporary sufferings make more sense. What we see as evil are very short temporary events in the grand scheme of things where each individual story ends in success; return to peace/bliss/awareness of godhead.

Plus Problem of Evil proponents look at good/bad events as happening randomly to people. Eastern thinkers believe a long series of cause/events (karma) causes things to be the way they are.

I also use the analogy of creation as some grand expansive multi-dimensional artwork. And human problem of evil proponents view from their little speck and dimensional perspective of the artwork and try to judge the entire artwork. Their view is too limited to be meaningful.

I think to understand the answer to the 'Problem of Evil' we need to start thinking in more eastern ways.

1) That we live for eons in a soul developing process; not one body's duration. In that perspective any suffering in one life is short and temporary in this grander view. And even an unfortunate life and death has lessons for that soul and for those seeing and interacting with the unfortunate life.

2) That such things are not as random as they appear. There is chain of cause and effect through time we can not see.

3) That those currently living an unfortunate life will have victory 'enlightenment' at the end of the challenges.

4) That it is God at the core of everything and it is He who experiences the temporary good and bad fortunes. It is ultimately not Him imposing it on other separate beings. It is His play/drama where He separates Himself from Himself and returns Himself to Himself but this play ends with a happy ending for all. In any great play/drama there is always drama/suffering in the middle.

anonymous9887

bible reader
He gave us a life as a blessing brother.

People are basically causing themselves to go to Hell, not Allah.

Allah is All-Merciful, and All-Compassionate, but he is also Just.

God loves him if you obey him and give him respect.

I cannot speak for everyone that they will go to Hell, because Allah judges the best, there is not one little speck Allah eludes in judging.

Yeah I'm sorry I can't see that. I'm going to ask you a few questions in a little bit, and we will so what the answer is. Some of them I have asked you, but having them compile in one is best.

Losin

There are two kinds of evil. Human evil is a byproduct of a freewill. The natural evil, I don´t think it can be considered evil, because it is not done on purpose of harming the other person.

Jabar

“Strive always to excel in virtue and truth.”
Yeah I'm sorry I can't see that. I'm going to ask you a few questions in a little bit, and we will so what the answer is. Some of them I have asked you, but having them compile in one is best.

Okay.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Please provide references or evidence with response.
1. What intention and purpose did god create for us?

2. When god finished his creating work was everything he made flawless including humans, angels, Jinn?

3. Why do innocent people who have no control over their circumstances suffer from
- a physical or mental disability (at birth)
- HIS or high on drugs (attached birth)
- born in poverty
- other people's choice to be violent towards them (war or other violent groups )
Why do these things happen to them if it is out of their control? Who is responsible for their circumstances? Since every baby is born a muslim, how is that fair to that muslim?

4. Was gods creation without flaw in the beginning?

5. Are we capable of standing flawless before god?

6. If there isn't such thing as original sin why do Muslims (every child is born a muslim) contract disabilities, infirmities from their parents? How is this fair since they have not sinned?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Your comments don't seem to be approaching this in a nice friendly way, none of us have anything to prove to you. I suggest you be thankful for the comments and replies you get and try not to be interrogating people.

anonymous9887

bible reader
Your comments don't seem to be approaching this in a nice friendly way, none of us have anything to prove to you. I suggest you be thankful for the comments and replies you get and try not to be interrogating people.
I actually am approaching it from a informational purpose. I'm sorry you take my comments offensive.