• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How in the world can ANYBODY think the Jews and Christians have the same god, that Jesus is messiah?

Akivah

Mistranslations in the Christian Bible?
Really?
Kidding. Since I began researching meanings for myself I've learned of many
mistranslations in all the various translations of the Christian Bible.

I'm still wondering if Mary, mother of Jesus was a young woman & pregnant or
a pregnant virgin.

How does it matter? Presume that you knew for a fact that Mary was not a virgin, that she had sex with some unknown man to conceive jesus. What effect would that have on your beliefs about your god?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Mistranslations in the Christian Bible?
Really?
Kidding. Since I began researching meanings for myself I've learned of many
mistranslations in all the various translations of the Christian Bible.
I'm not knocking our Bible & suspect there a mistranslated words, changing meanings, in the Jewish Bible also but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
Ergo whey I came here..........to learn, not bash anyone's religion.
Islam is the "religion of Peace, but there sure is a large amount of terrible violence
even between different groups of Muslims. When I say violence I mean the murder
of Muslims, by Muslims as well as the murder of Jews, Christians, and anyone not of the "correct" version of Islam. There is even the murder of the same group of Muslims but of different tribes.
I do not understand that.
I'm still wondering if Mary, mother of Jesus was a young woman & pregnant or
a pregnant virgin
I'm not. 'xianity' is an actual theistic religion, not something I would call myself because it was convenient or just some 'all around' cultural meaning or something. It's the same in that regard as Judaism.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Christianity is ONLY a theistic religion if you only pray to God in Heaven, if you pray to Jesus its called Deism, If you pray to both God in Heaven and Jesus, the correct term would be??Deistic Theism or polytheism.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
How does it matter? Presume that you knew for a fact that Mary was not a virgin, that she had sex with some unknown man to conceive jesus. What effect would that have on your beliefs about your god?

I'm only wondering, not having a breakdown over the possibilites.
I wouldn't matter much if she were a pregnant "young woman" or a pregnant
virign, the results are the same.
Christianity is ONLY a theistic religion if you only pray to God in Heaven, if you pray to Jesus its called Deism, If you pray to both God in Heaven and Jesus, the correct term would be??Deistic Theism or polytheism.
As I've remarked before I was taught to pray thru Jesus not to Him.
didn't Jesus say, "no one comes to the Father but thru Me"? Or words to that
effect.
I see only monotheism by praying thru Jesus, saying "in Jesus name Ahmen"
or " I come to You (God) in the name of our Saviour Jesus Christ......."

CMike

I'm literally just straight curious. Not only is this a belief, it's a common one despite the two deities being inherently contradictory in nature and Jesus fulfilling little to NONE of the messianic prophesy. Not to mention the whole idea of Christ contradicts Judaism, and Christianity has blatantly perverted the Hebrew texts. If the deities are suppose to be the same, as Christianity seems to believe, as in they worship the Hebrew god, isn't the religion absolute pure blasphemy?
I'm literally just straight curious. Not only is this a belief, it's a common one despite the two deities being inherently contradictory in nature and Jesus fulfilling little to NONE of the messianic prophesy. Not to mention the whole idea of Christ contradicts Judaism, and Christianity has blatantly perverted the Hebrew texts. If the deities are suppose to be the same, as Christianity seems to believe, as in they worship the Hebrew god, isn't the religion absolute pure blasphemy?
+1000000000

Artemis

document file
Ιwill not remark to any of the remarks on this page, or quote from old and new testament, but I will suggest to all of you to read and study the two testaments, without prejudice. The old Testament from the first Chapter testifies the presence of the son of God and the Holy Spirit. If you don't read and don'study, and approach with a negative attitude as most of you do, and most of of you critics are there to only criticize , I have no part on this page. Thank you and God bless you all and open your spiritual eyes

Flankerl

Ιwill not remark to any of the remarks on this page, or quote from old and new testament, but I will suggest to all of you to read and study the two testaments, without prejudice. The old Testament from the first Chapter testifies the presence of the son of God and the Holy Spirit. If you don't read and don'study, and approach with a negative attitude as most of you do, and most of of you critics are there to only criticize , I have no part on this page. Thank you and God bless you all and open your spiritual eyes

Yeah how about no.

Take care.

Akivah

I will suggest to all of you to read and study the two testaments, without prejudice. {snip} If you don't read and don'study, and approach with a negative attitude as most of you do, and most of of you critics are there to only criticize , I have no part on this page. Thank you and God bless you all and open your spiritual eyes

This post can be applied to the Mormons equally as they came after Christianity. In accordance with this post, Christians should read and study the Book of Mormon, without prejudice and negative attitudes.

CMike

What's the Old Testament?

Harmonious

Ιwill not remark to any of the remarks on this page, or quote from old and new testament, but I will suggest to all of you to read and study the two testaments, without prejudice.
I actually started to read the Christian scriptures because of a prompt similar to this one (although the people on that forum knew me better).

My lens was always going to be that of an Orthodox Jew, which I am, but I came with no preconceived notions about the Christian scriptures, starting from Matthew.

I read the four Gospels and Hebrews. I gave up before I lost any respect that I might have had for Christian holy literature, as Jesus didn't seem to get the message of the Jewish scriptures or the laws taught by the rabbis and the prophets. I did read Revelations, as I was asked to. It didn't leave much of an impression, one way or another.

The old Testament from the first Chapter testifies the presence of the son of God and the Holy Spirit.
We obviously didn't read the same things, if all you are looking for was a read and study "without prejudice."

But the fact is, everyone comes to reading and learning with the lens of their prior knowledge. I'm sorry, but what you are suggesting doesn't necessarily have the outcome you predict.

Artemis

document file
You all are spiritually BLIND. you are on these pages only to pass your time and give negative answers to all serious remarks. I can only pray that your spiritual eyes may be opened. And don't talk to me about mormons or whatever they are called,.As Jesus said " in latter days many false teachers will come...... well, this is one of the many. More has come and will come. But The Holy Book is the absolute truth. Once you approach it with the guidance of the HS , you will never want to leave it down. But as I said above, you are a bunch of people full of frustration and you have these pages to take out your anger and frustration. No serious motives in you actions but just to "kill" your time with bla bla. ☺

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
You all are spiritually BLIND. you are on these pages only to pass your time and give negative answers to all serious remarks. I can only pray that your spiritual eyes may be opened. And don't talk to me about mormons or whatever they are called,.As Jesus said " in latter days many false teachers will come...... well, this is one of the many. More has come and will come. But The Holy Book is the absolute truth. Once you approach it with the guidance of the HS , you will never want to leave it down. But as I said above, you are a bunch of people full of frustration and you have these pages to take out your anger and frustration. No serious motives in you actions but just to "kill" your time with bla bla. ☺

Or maybe it's just that some of us take umbrage at the smug arrogance of someone who spouts off about people who she really knows nothing about.... on any level.

Akivah

I can only pray that your spiritual eyes may be opened. And don't talk to me about mormons or whatever they are called,.As Jesus said " in latter days many false teachers will come...... well, this is one of the many.

First, I'm sure that Mormons pray that your spiritual eyes may be opened.

Second, as our holy book says, don't follow people that attempt to lead us astray. This includes false prophets like jesus and paul.

Third, your post with its insults and gibes looks to be full of frustration. Pot meet kettle.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Most of us, if not all of us, know how many Protestant Christians believe that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are through out the pages of the Old and New Testament of the Christian Bible. But, for others to see it, and not be "blind", they have to be prejudiced. Prejudiced to see things the Christian way. Like someone said you don't believe in the Book of Mormon, because of your preconceived notions that it's a lie. So your "negativity" towards other religions is based on your prejudices. You, in a way, are blinded to the truth of those religions. Oh, and isn't Artemis a Greek Goddess? Isn't that a little awkward to be preaching Jesus and to be using a pagan name? Not that I'm prejudiced or anything.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That's a little closed minded isn't it? What if an angel really did speak to Joseph Smith? But, let's go beyond that, what about other monotheistic religions that claim to have revelations from the one God and believe they are continuations of the one "truth" that started with Judaism. There might be, and probably is more, but I'm talking about Christianity, Islam, and the Baha'i Faith. They all believe they are worshiping the same God. Yet, they all believe different things about God.

All of them have to come up with a reason and explanation why the previous religions are wrong or have somehow gone astray. Christianity did it to Judaism. Then, Islam did it to Christianity and Judaism. And then, the Baha'i Faith did it to all of them, and claims to be the truth from the one true God for today. And, they say to have an "open mind" and you'll see the truth. That all Scriptures, from all these religions points to them.

The truth is: if you're not 100% right, you are the one being blind, intolerant, and prejudiced towards the beliefs of others. Of course you do believe you are right. But so do people in those other religions. So where does that leave us? Religions hating on each other. Great.

arcanum

An early Christian named Marion of a more Gnostic persuasion made the same observation and concluded that they indeed could not have been the same god and went on to forum his own group and removed all of the old testament and all traces of Judaism from his teachings. Jesus he concluded came from the true god and that the god of Judaism was a lesser and very fallible deity.