• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How in the world can ANYBODY think the Jews and Christians have the same god, that Jesus is messiah?

rosends

I want to first start with symbols.
The symbol of ancient Israel was the Menorah, the seven branched candlestick.

Untrue. The symbols of ancient Israel were manifold -- each tribe had a symbol on a banner and eventually, each kingdom had a symbol. The menorah was a particular thing which eventually represented a service and an aspect of Judaism. But it was not a symbol of ancient Israel.
The hexagram was never the symbol of the true Jews.
That depends on how you choose to define "true Jews." It seems that archaeologists have found record of the 6 pointed star from a long, long time ago, related to Judaism.
The symbol for the Old Covenant and the New Covenant Israel is the Menorah or seven branched candlestick. The Khazaria, which many call the Star of David, was originally the hexagram, an Egyptian good luck charm.
There is no "New Covenant Israel"
The menorah was not a symbol of Israel
The 6 pointed star is not called a Khazaria.
David’s son Solomon had this star which he got from Bath-Sheba.
I'd love to see a source for this. Thanks.
God commanded Moses to make a seven branched golden candlestick and put it in the Holy of Holies.
Actually, not. The menorah was in the "Holies" -- only the ark was in the Holy of Holies.
Thinking Outside the Box - Torah.org[/QUOTE]

Domenic

[
QUOTE="rosends, post: 4181271, member: 55734"]Untrue. The symbols of ancient Israel were manifold -- each tribe had a symbol on a banner and eventually, each kingdom had a symbol. The menorah was a particular thing which eventually represented a service and an aspect of Judaism. But it was not a symbol of ancient Israel.
That depends on how you choose to define "true Jews." It seems that archaeologists have found record of the 6 pointed star from a long, long time ago, related to Judaism.

Archaeolgist found 6 pointed star. Where, and who were the archaeologist? How do they know who had the star?

There is no "New Covenant Israel"
The menorah was not a symbol of Israel
The 6 pointed star is not called a Khazaria.

God made a covenant with his people...the twelve tribes. Their symbol was the candlestick, not the star of the sun God.

I'd love to see a source for this. Thanks.

Actually, not. The menorah was in the "Holies" -- only the ark was in the Holy of Holies.
Thinking Outside the Box - Torah.org[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Not true.. the candlestick was also there. You can say what you want on this forum, but you can't change facts of history.

rosends

Archaeolgist found 6 pointed star. Where, and who were the archaeologist? How do they know who had the star?

Here. Chase the sources
Star of David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia note the use in a synagogue in 3-4thcentury CE and the use on a tombstone as early as 3rd century CE.

God made a covenant with his people...the twelve tribes. Their symbol was the candlestick, not the star of the sun God.

There was no mention, ever, that a candlestick was their symbol.

Not true.. the candlestick was also there. You can say what you want on this forum, but you can't change facts of history.
No, the candlestick was in the outer area, the holies. Only the ark was in the holy of holies. The holy of holies was accessed once a year, on Yom Kippur. The menorah was lit daily so it could not have been in the holy of holies.

You keep making claims but have shown zero in terms of substantiation.

Domenic

Here. Chase the sources
Star of David - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia note the use in a synagogue in 3-4thcentury CE and the use on a tombstone as early as 3rd century CE.

There was no mention, ever, that a candlestick was their symbol.

No, the candlestick was in the outer area, the holies. Only the ark was in the holy of holies. The holy of holies was accessed once a year, on Yom Kippur. The menorah was lit daily so it could not have been in the holy of holies.

You keep making claims but have shown zero in terms of substantiation.[/QUOTE]

No, it is you who have shown nothing. You keep saying this, and that, but you show nothing.
I have only listed page one of my notes. You are only repeating what you have learned from your religion. You have shown no facts of anything you have rejected. How do you know the tombstone was that of a real, or fake Jew? Can you prove anything?

Domenic

Like the text says, it is a snake.

That's an interesting theory: If it was a snake it would have already been on its belly. Why did God condemn it to spend the rest of its days on its belly? The scriptures do not say it was a snake.

Akivah

I don't know if it helps, but I'll tell you what common Jewish ideology says about these passages.

It also tells us that Abraham was the ultimate host. He is in G-d's presence, but leaves to go greet and feed these three guys. That's like having the President on the phone (well...maybe not our current President) and then putting him on hold to politely respond to a telemarketer.

Last edited:

Akivah

I am still not sure what to think about the so called fact that we wrote some words of the TaNaKh in Greek and not Hebrew or Aramaic over 2500 years ago.

That's all? There lots of stuff that Domenic posts that is just out there. Like no one responded to his wild contention that only one tribe was Jewish. Even catch22 doesn't get this guy, and that's saying something!

Domenic

It also tells us that Abraham was the ultimate host. He is in G-d's presence, but leaves to go greet and feed these three guys. That's like having the President on the phone (well...maybe not our current President) and then putting him on hold to politely respond to a telemarketer.

As I post my notes, it will get deeper into the truth, and show there are two sides to this coin.One real, and one false.
There are scrolls older than those that are used by people who claim to be Jews, but have never been. Which would you rather follow?

Flankerl

Yeah yeah we get it. Embrace Jesus yaddayadda...

This is so new...

That's all? There lots of stuff that Domenic posts that is just out there. Like no one responded to his wild contention that only one tribe was Jewish. Even catch22 doesn't get this guy, and that's saying something!

Wait you actually care about the stuff he writes?

I just laugh. Makes for good comedy.

Akivah

That's an interesting theory: If it was a snake it would have already been on its belly.

That's a valid question. Note verse 1 (Gen 3) Now the serpent was cunning, more than all the beasts of the field that the Lord G-d had made and it said to the woman..."

Already we know this serpent is more than it is today. It was the smartest beast and it could talk. Once G-d cursed this smart serpent in verses 14 and 15, the serpent lost all of the abilities that it had in the garden. From then on, serpents can only slither on the ground.

Why did God condemn it to spend the rest of its days on its belly?

Back to the text:
And the Lord G-d said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed be you...
The text tells us that G-d cursed the serpent because it enticed the woman to make a mistake.

The scriptures do not say it was a snake.

You got me on the last sentence, the bible actually uses the word 'serpent', not snake. Thanks for the textual correction.

Domenic

There are twelve tribes...only one is the tribe of Judah. The word Jew comes from the tribe of Judah. The other eleven are not Jews. There are two types of Jews. One real, the other false. As my notes go deeper into history, this will be very clear.

Twelve tribes

Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Joseph and Benjamin.

Or:

Reuven, Shimon, Yehudah, Yissachar, Zevulun, Dan, Naftali, Gad, Asher, Menashe, Efraim, Binyamin.

Akivah

As I post my notes, it will get deeper into the truth, and show there are two sides to this coin.One real, and one false.
There are scrolls older than those that are used by people who claim to be Jews, but have never been. Which would you rather follow?

Like I've read the bible myself, I'd like to see those scrolls myself first.

Domenic

That's a valid question. Note verse 1 (Gen 3) Now the serpent was cunning, more than all the beasts of the field that the Lord G-d had made and it said to the woman..."

Already we know this serpent is more than it is today. It was the smartest beast and it could talk. Once G-d cursed this smart serpent in verses 14 and 15, the serpent lost all of the abilities that it had in the garden. From then on, serpents can only slither on the ground.

Back to the text:
And the Lord G-d said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, cursed be you... The text tells us that G-d cursed the serpent because it enticed the woman to make a mistake.

You got me on the last sentence, the bible actually uses the word 'serpent', not snake. Thanks for the textual correction.

The scroll do not say, the serpent enticed the women...it says he beguiled her. The word beguiled means sexual intercourse.
Akivah, this is not about who is right. It is about proving which scriptures are true, and which are not.If you see error in what I post, please point to it.

Domenic

Like I've read the bible myself, I'd like to see those scrolls myself first.

I used to believe the Bible 100%, until I started reading the scrolls. That threw me. I found many error in the Bible...then I found there were other scrolls that did not match the scrolls the Bible was taken from. For the past fifty years it has been a challenge finding the truth. The results were not what I expected. The result? I believe in God, his son Jesus, Most things in the Bible that have not been changed, and the scrolls that can be proven true...scrolls older than the scrolls the Bible was taken from. The search led to, "Who did this, and why?" I am not a member of any religion, because I can prove all of them false. I also believe, and trust Gods people are the twelve tribes of Israel. There are other people who go by the name of Jew, but are false Jews. This is the snake in the wood pile.

rosends

That's an interesting theory: If it was a snake it would have already been on its belly. Why did God condemn it to spend the rest of its days on its belly? The scriptures do not say it was a snake.
How do you know this? If the text explains why the nachash NOW is on his belly, then that means that before hand, it wasn't on its belly.

rosends

I used to believe the Bible 100%, until I started reading the scrolls. That threw me. I found many error in the Bible...then I found there were other scrolls that did not match the scrolls the Bible was taken from. For the past fifty years it has been a challenge finding the truth. The results were not what I expected. The result? I believe in God, his son Jesus, Most things in the Bible that have not been changed, and the scrolls that can be proven true...scrolls older than the scrolls the Bible was taken from. The search led to, "Who did this, and why?" I am not a member of any religion, because I can prove all of them false. I also believe, and trust Gods people are the twelve tribes of Israel. There are other people who go by the name of Jew, but are false Jews. This is the snake in the wood pile.
What scrolls? I have seen no scrolls.

rosends

There are twelve tribes...only one is the tribe of Judah. The word Jew comes from the tribe of Judah. The other eleven are not Jews. There are two types of Jews. One real, the other false. As my notes go deeper into history, this will be very clear.
Actually, the word Jew comes from the Kingdom of Judah which was made of members of at least 3 tribes. Of course, the word simply refers to those we know who were bound by the Mosaic law, which would include all 12+ tribes regardless of the title.