• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How in the world can ANYBODY think the Jews and Christians have the same god, that Jesus is messiah?

rosends

I am not saying you have not posted these things. What you have not posted is,,,what were they taken from? I plan to show who made the copies, what they changed, and why. Noe is an attack on you, or what you believe. I will only post history from my notes.
And I have posted history from my notes. You just don't like my history from my notes. You made a claim about other scrolls. You simply haven't produced any other scrolls or even any other discussion from scholars about your scrolls.

Domenic

And I have posted history from my notes. You just don't like my history from my notes. You made a claim about other scrolls. You simply haven't produced any other scrolls or even any other discussion from scholars about your scrolls.

I don’t understand why the Jewish members on this thread are so upset with me? I have hardly posted anything. I have been saying I would post things in a manner where they fall into place. You seem to think me a fool. Okay. If what I post shows I am a fool, you have nothing to worry about. But if I show what I post is true…will we still be friends, or will you get angry at me? Are we not all seeking truth?

rosends

I don’t understand why the Jewish members on this thread are so upset with me? I have hardly posted anything. I have been saying I would post things in a manner where they fall into place. You seem to think me a fool. Okay. If what I post shows I am a fool, you have nothing to worry about. But if I show what I post is true…will we still be friends, or will you get angry at me? Are we not all seeking truth?
Who says anyone is mad at you? Why do you have such a persecution complex. All anyone has said is that your claims are empty. You don't fill them by saying you will present material when you feel like it.

No one is angry at you for being a fool. We are awaiting your proof. And when we deflate it and show how it is meaningless, will you still be friends with us or be angry that we have ruined your entire belief system?

Faybull

Who says anyone is mad at you? Why do you have such a persecution complex. All anyone has said is that your claims are empty. You don't fill them by saying you will present material when you feel like it.

No one is angry at you for being a fool. We are awaiting your proof. And when we deflate it and show how it is meaningless, will you still be friends with us or be angry that we have ruined your entire belief system?
oh geez....lol.

Domenic

post # 532 I thought you were better than that, and that makes me angry.

Rosends, No one is angry at me for being a fool? Hmmm? I will let my notes from history speak for me. I get the feeling there are some who do not want my notes posted?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The idea that Eve got it on with the Serpent is an old one and some racists have twisted it: Serpent seed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard that some Gnostic groups believed that the Serpent iniated Eve into sexual Mysteries. Some Left-Hand Path groups also have this concept of Eve bearing a child with the Serpent in their systems, where Cain is seen as a positive figure and the first Satanist. But I'm not sure where @Domenic is going with this line of thought.

A

angellous_evangellous

To address the OP: simple. Christians tell you that Jews have the same God, so it must be true. And vice versa.

rosends

post # 532 I thought you were better than that, and that makes me angry.

Rosends, No one is angry at me for being a fool? Hmmm? I will let my notes from history speak for me. I get the feeling there are some who do not want my notes posted?
432 isn't by me and it reflects someone who is angry that you are not better than what you are based on what you claimed. But no one can have anything but pity for the fool if he is simply being who he is. No one here doesn't want your "notes" posted. But I, and maybe others, don't think that your "notes" have any particular provenance that will make them at all useful.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Wait... how do you know my name?
I believe I would have to really stretch my imagination to think a Jew would name his/her child Jesus. I think it is about as likely that my ancestor supposedly being French Canadien named his child Nelson. No self respecting Frenchman would do that. Of course these days people are apt to name their kids almost anything. THe there is the fact that you call yourself female on the profile. I suppose it is possible a Jew could still be named Joshua or Jeshuah without engendering thoughts of Jesus.

Akivah

So grant me the same privilege that you've had. Let me read the scrolls also.

OK, you directed me to a website entitled "End Times musings", not a scroll. Your blog didn't mention a scroll either. So I can only assume you are pulling statements out of your butt. All your claims are just empty hot air.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Interpretation is always a bugger, especially in this arena, but I posted a lot more than just one. BTW, how do you supposedly know it wasn't a messianic prophecy whereas it has long been viewed as one of them? My guess is that you don't accept it for some rather obvious reasons, therefore it's convenient for you to label it as not being one.

About 15 years ago, I attended a three evening seminar taught by a Christian theologian who taught in the States, Canada, and Israel, and in his last session one of the things he said was that it is not possible to label Jesus as the Messiah as of yet because the messianic predictions have not been fulfilled. Now, he believes that Jesus likely will do as such during his "2nd coming", but until then...

I believe that is like saying the Eagles did a concert here but did not perform "Life in the Fast Lane" so it must not hae been the Eagles.

I believe I go by two criteria. 1. It has to be about a man 2. It has to be prophecy.

Flankerl

I believe I would have to really stretch my imagination to think a Jew would name his/her child Jesus. I think it is about as likely that my ancestor supposedly being French Canadien named his child Nelson. No self respecting Frenchman would do that. Of course these days people are apt to name their kids almost anything. THe there is the fact that you call yourself female on the profile. I suppose it is possible a Jew could still be named Joshua or Jeshuah without engendering thoughts of Jesus.

Joshua ben Levi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- An Amoraim
Joshua the Stylite - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yehoshua Leib Diskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- A Rabbi
Yehoshua Rokeach - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <- Hasidic Rabbi
Yehoshua Rozin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A. B. Yehoshua - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joshua Sobol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yehoshua Zettler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please tell me more about something you have no clue about.