• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How The Democrats Will Still Lose

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
All political voices should take this opportunity to change the trajectory of campaigning from self-pats on the back, mixed with the others are the bad guys, to this is what we need to focus on, and this is how I see we can get started.

In example: The GOP is campaigning on Harris total failure as the Border Czar. Well she needs to ignore the slight, but not the topic, and come back with: I was assigned to look deeply into this problem and this is what I found.......now, let's get started in correcting tbis problem by .......

The campaigning should be educating the voters on the details the voters are concerned with. And this means with full and honest disclosure: If we come together and do this that and the other, then we will see improvement that will direct us in the next step. However, if we stay focused on party perspectives, no one will achieve anything.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I disagree with the opening post. I think it’s quite smart to take advantage of a change in candidate and whip up excitement and enthusiasm to vote. One major dilemma for democrats is the lack of enthusiasm and the Harris team has been brilliant in bringing in celebrities and positive messages that resonate with the younger voters.

All is making Trump and Vance look like amateurs who fall back on race and gender stereotypes.

Democrats have a broad and diverse coalition snd Harris will need to address all if them to win. The undecided are not holding back because they are fully informed and in deep consideration, they are waiting to see who has the momentum and the advantage.

The Democrats have once forgot their working class base who are more interest in how they are going to feed their kids. They don't want nothing to do with identity politics or anything like that. And Democrats focusing on cultural issues rather that economics makes the working class feeling ignored by the Democrats. This has been going on far to long. And what is worse - they are no longer being ignored - The Trump gang is actively courting them.

Pogo

The Democrats have once forgot their working class base who are more interest in how they are going to feed their kids. They don't want nothing to do with identity politics or anything like that. And Democrats focusing on cultural issues rather that economics makes the working class feeling ignored by the Democrats. This has been going on far to long. And what is worse - they are no longer being ignored - The Trump gang is actively courting them.
There is a lot more to the working class than white males without a college education. Just saying this is not 1950.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don't know what works or fails in political campaigns.
But I observe that those who win elections have
simplistic slogans that sound positive &/or demonize
the other side. This is what has a history of working.
I also think the majority wants to see a hopeful, positive view of the future. Reagan had "morning in America". Obama had "hope and change" Back further Kennedy had "New frontier". Hillary lost by demonizing people. Trump beat her by demonizing other people. This goes along with the optimism the US was founded on - self-evident truths and all the rest.

Harris starts the commercial with "what kind of country do we want to live in?. There are some people (image of Trump) that believe we should be a country of chaos, of fear, of hate. But we choose something different. We choose freedom" - that's the essence of her campaign.Those who Ignore that ignore that "simplistic slogan" @Revoltingest pointed out is a winner. Trump is campaigning on the simplistic slogan of demonizing. I'll put money on the optimism that is part of our DNA

Last edited:
There is a lot more to the working class than white males without a college education. Just saying this is not 1950.
It's not about white males or race at all. There are workers of all colors who think that the Democratic party is ignoring the economic interests of the worker.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
You did listen to that commercial where she emphasized "not just get by but get ahead" ... "no child lives in poverty" "where we can all afford health care" speaking directly to struggling Americans. Project 2025 would cut Medicaid and force people onto Medicare Advantage programs that are full of problems in order to stop what works. Project 2025 would kill the ACA and increase health care costs for millions of Americans.

Trump is actively courting them by lying through his teeth about what he'd do to them - project 2025 increases taxes on the bottom to give more money to to super rich.

Now he also lies or has forgotten due to mental issues that his support was there and his VP is all for 2025.

Harris needs to emphasize that trump is all in on screwing hard working Americans to benefit the super rich and I assume she does just that.

You did listen to that commercial where she emphasized "not just get by but get ahead" ... "no child lives in poverty" "where we can all afford health care" speaking directly to struggling Americans. Project 2025 would cut Medicaid and force people onto Medicare Advantage programs that are full of problems in order to stop what works. Project 2025 would kill the ACA and increase health care costs for millions of Americans.

Trump is actively courting them by lying through his teeth about what he'd do to them - project 2025 increases taxes on the bottom to give more money to to super rich.

Now he also lies or has forgotten due to mental issues that his support was there and his VP is all for 2025.

Harris needs to emphasize that trump is all in on screwing hard working Americans to benefit the super rich and I assume she does just that.
Of course Trump lies. It's what he does best: he tells the people what they want to hear even if he doesn't really mean a bit of it.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

This is true. The working class and the poor are actually a rather diverse group of people, and they all get screwed by the upper classes. It's in the interests of the upper classes to keep the lower classes divided against each other.

anna.

colors your eyes with what's not there
You may be right, and I may be wrong. But it didn't work for Hillary. And I think we are at an unprecedented point in our political history. We are in crisis, and we need real solutions. Not just more slogans and flag waving.

It did work for Hillary. She actually won the popular vote, just not the electoral college (and I'm in favor of getting rid of the electoral college).

Kamala Harris is starting out great, I think your grievances might be a bit over the top.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Because the average citizen in this country needs a LOT OF HELP right now. They are drowning from the depths of corporate greed that has flooded every aspect of our commerce and corner of our culture.
The average American isn't so white amd Christian anymore and not as male dominated. Harris needs everyone who isn't that. She's got to get the youth vote behind her (Biden didn't), she needs to get the black vote motivated (Biden was slipping here) and she needs solid support from women.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
There are 4 "classes" in America. The wage class, the salary class, the welfare class, and the investment class.

Once you've determined what clas you're in. You can see which other classes are pushing you which way. Wage and salary has more in common with each other as do welfare and investment classes. The investment class tends to put the wage and welfare classes against each other.

PureX

Veteran Member
It did work for Hillary. She actually won the popular vote, just not the electoral college (and I'm in favor of getting rid of the electoral college).

Kamala Harris is starting out great, I think your grievances might be a bit over the top.
I am not grieving. I am simply offering a warning. There are a lot of people that resent liberal virtue-signaling, and they are exactly the people that could vote for Trump as a result. And part of the reason they resent it so much is because the democratic politicians love to prance around playing the good guys INSTEAD OF DOING THE REALLY HARD STUFF THAT NEEDS TO GET DONE. Like working on eliminating the electoral college. Like eliminating the wholesale legalized bribery of the U.S. legislature by corporate sponsored bag men. Many of them retired legislators, themselves. And now they have even corrupted the Supreme Court. Or like replacing the Glass-Steagall Act that banned banks from engaging in market speculation. Like rewriting the NAFTA to get back and keep U.S. industries in the U.S., and the middle class jobs that are associated with them. We could call it a matter of national security, even. Like raising the minimum wage so everyone can afford to live indoors, again. Like figuring out how to deal with a massive drug addiction epidemic that is currently being completely ignored, and is killing hundreds of our sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters every single day. Like reforming health care to make it both equitable and affordable, and reigning in the boundless and even murderous greed of the pharmaceutical manufacturers and health care conglomerates. And that's just the top of the list.

I'm not saying that liberal causes don't matter. But for most people they are not at the top of the list of things that do matter. Not right now.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Once you've determined what clas you're in. You can see which other classes are pushing you which way. Wage and salary has more in common with each other as do welfare and investment classes. The investment class tends to put the wage and welfare classes against each other.
I've had a taste of them all and my happiest years were the early salary years, but I had to make sacrifices I wish I did not.

My most miserable were the investment years. IMO, if you're not born into it, or at least personally familiar with it, the stress of belonging can be overwhelming. I once told a friend I was damn good at being poor, so I don't share the same fears.

I don't see the investment class understanding the welfare class at all. Even the salary class has great prejudice against them. And you're right -- they're "played."

But the hardest class to please is the wage class, IMO. They often feel like hamsters on the wheel getting no where. They dream the impossible dream far too often and turn to other paths besides the straight and narrow.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I don't see the investment class understanding the welfare class at all. Even the salary class has great prejudice against them. And you're right -- they're "played."
I didn't say they understand each other. Just that they have more in common with each other then they both realize. ie their money is both solely dependant upon the government.

PureX

Veteran Member
Well, I've said it before, but the Democrats need to get back to the basics of being the party of working people.
The problem is that they can't, because they aren't. Their corporate sponsors own them. So all they can do is pretend they care about the middle class, and try and keep everyone's attention on the social issues that they can address without upsetting their corporate sponsors and losing all that potential bribe ... campaign money. And a lot of people are fed up with it. That's why I think it would be a big mistake for Kamala Harris to try and run on that tired old liberal social crusader platform, again. I don't think it's gonna fly. Things are too dire for too many people these days for that.
The best they can say now is that they're not as bad as the Republicans when it comes to treatment of the workers and lower classes. The homelessness problem in states like California is a disgrace, and even doubly so now that Newsome is driving out all the homeless encampments. That's Kamala Harris' home state.
Yeah, all those homeless people are bad for business. And of course no politician, democrat or republican, is going to raise the minimum wage to a livable level. That would upset their corporate sponsors.
Certainly, the Democrats have a very good chance of winning, but they can't take anything for granted or get too arrogant or overconfident.
Their only chance at winning is based on the fact that their opponent is so incredibly abysmal. And the fact that Biden did actually do some small things to try and help the average citizen out in spite of the republicans willingness to destroy anything and anyone to get elected.

Last edited:

PureX

Veteran Member
I've had a taste of them all and my happiest years were the early salary years, but I had to make sacrifices I wish I did not.

My most miserable were the investment years. IMO, if you're not born into it, or at least personally familiar with it, the stress of belonging can be overwhelming. I once told a friend I was damn good at being poor, so I don't share the same fears.

But the hardest class to please is the wage class, IMO. They often feel like hamsters on the wheel getting no where. They dream the impossible dream far too often and turn to other paths besides the straight and narrow.
They're sold a dream that will never be by the very people that will make sure of it. And when they realize they've been hoodwinked, they become demoralized and they look for whatever substitute they can find. And of course the people that sold them the big lie in the first place are right there to sell them another.