• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Would You React If At The End Of The Day Atheism Was Right?

Well if god wasnt there, id just do whati would want to make me have fun. Pardus, very true, but i dontcare overly.

9-10s_Penguin, i would aim to make it negative, i'd do it for myself, to have fun, maybe not bad.

Yerda

Veteran Member
How would you react. Id be slightly annoyed, then id do all the bad stuff i want.
Bad stuff?

Bad in what sense? The daft prohibitions like "Don't eat pig cause they aren't clean", or the ones like "Thou shall not murder"?

Booko

Deviled Hen
I might be inclined to have a glass of bordeaux with my chateaubriand now and again, but it's not good for the blood sugar, so that wouldn't be often.

Other than that, I can't think of much else.

Well, we'd have to totally retool the focus of RF as the community revolves around discussion and debate on religion.

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, we'd have to totally retool the focus of RF as the community revolves around discussion and debate on religion.

Just because we're atheists doesn't mean that we'd be artless.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Pardus, very true, but i dontcare overly.
So why don't you just do what you want now?

If your beliefs are right, you're going to get smacked down for not really following them (unless i understood the result of our discussion so far), and if atheism is right it won't hurt you.

Don't pretend to be something you are not, the divine will know, and i don't believe they would look kindly on pretending and you'll just be unhappy living a lie.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
How would you react.
I wouldn't react at all. I would have ceased to exist and would have no knowledge of the fact, much less an opinion. I'll say this, though... I'd rather be in the position of being a theist and finding out that atheism was right than the other way around. ;)

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I wouldn't react at all. I would have ceased to exist and would have no knowledge of the fact, much less an opinion. I'll say this, though... I'd rather be in the position of being a theist and finding out that atheism was right than the other way around. ;)
I was thinking the SAME thing.