• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you react if at the end of they day christianity was right?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
I'd bow in humble adoration, and there proclaim, "My God, how great thou art!"

madhatter85

Transhumanist
LOL! It's in every Christian denomination's hymn book, MH. It was in most of them for years before it ever found its way into ours. :D

didn't knwo that, i don't go and read other hymnbooks, i barely read ours ha!

Anywho

anwyays, if christianity were right, hwo would the Jews feel?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How would I react if Christianity were right?

For me, that depends on what I discovered it was right about. If I discovered it was right about there being a heaven and hell that one went to based solely on whether one had faith in God, I would be astounded at how petty the religion turned out to be. On the other hand, if I discovered that universal love was indeed a path to the experience of grace, I would marvel at how profound the religion was.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
didn't knwo that, i don't go and read other hymnbooks, i barely read ours ha!

Anywho

anwyays, if christianity were right, hwo would the Jews feel?

I don't think it would matter much to them, as I don't think that God changed his mind about them being the chosen people.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
If I discovered it was right about there being a heaven and hell that one went to based solely on whether one had faith in God, I would be astounded at how petty the religion turned out to be. On the other hand, if I discovered that universal love was indeed a path to the experience of grace, I would marvel at how profound the religion was.
What if you discovered both were right :cover:

Booko

Deviled Hen
they did, it's a hymn in our Hymnbook Called "How Great Thou Art"

Der..that was a *joke*.

btw, the libretto's from 1889 and it's an old Swedish folk tune that forms the musical basis. I doubt it originated with LDS. Hm..Swedish folk tunes...Lutherans maybe?