• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
The odds of Humanity colonizing the stars are almost inevitable.
The odds after that of humanity fabricating entire universes are just as inevitable.
Therefore the odds of us being part of such a fabrication are just as inevitable.
Do you realize that words are symbols just like numbers?
One plus one equals two is the same as 1+1=2
I like where you're going with this, but I think you need some caveats. We will inevitably get there if we survive long enough. So long as we don't destroy ourselves, a bigass rock doesn't plow into the planet(again), and we've left our solar system by the time the Sun decides to go super-nova, then yes, it does become inevitable. When we've got six or seven inhabited star systems, the odds of the human species dying out become negligible.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
The odds of Humanity colonizing the stars are almost inevitable.
The odds after that of humanity fabricating entire universes are just as inevitable.
Therefore the odds of us being part of such a fabrication are just as inevitable.
Do you realize that words are symbols just like numbers?
One plus one equals two is the same as 1+1=2
Where is the math? You are making claims about math, but not showing how you did the calculations.

Ben West

Where is the math? You are making claims about math, but not showing how you did the calculations.

Dear Bunyip, Humans will go to Planets all over the Universe soon, just after Jesus returns to our Planet. Until then, the distances are too far to travel within our lifetimes unless we can overcome the Fact that we cannot go faster than the speed of light.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Dear Bunyip, Humans will go to Planets all over the Universe soon, just after Jesus returns to our Planet. Until then, the distances are too far to travel within our lifetimes unless we can overcome the Fact that we cannot go faster than the speed of light.
And Jesus has the ability to transcend the speed of light?

Actually we have already theoretically solved the problem but have no way to apply it.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What does this have to do with the math?

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Please do tell us of our theoretically solution to the problem of exceeding the speed of light.
Quantum Tunneling is one. Any sort of way that we could warp spacetime would in effect give us that ability. And if we were able to transfer all of the information that makes up "us" we could effectively "Teleport" as they are already planning to do with digital information in quantum computers.

Sonofason

Quantum Tunneling is one. Any sort of way that we could warp spacetime would in effect give us that ability. And if we were able to transfer all of the information that makes up "us" we could effectively "Teleport" as they are already planning to do with digital information in quantum computers.
Well, that would be cool. I did recently read an article telling that scientists believe that they will soon be producing matter from light. Certainly that's been going on forever naturally, but they believe they'll be able to demonstrate it in a laboratory within the year. Surely one day we'll be converting our matter to energy and transporting it somewhere via light, and then putting it all back together again. It's very interesting.

Beam me up Scotty

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Will be interesting to find out -that's for sure. Cheers Ben.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, that would be cool. I did recently read an article telling that scientists believe that they will soon be producing matter from light. Certainly that's been going on forever naturally, but they believe they'll be able to demonstrate it in a laboratory within the year. Surely one day we'll be converting our matter to energy and transporting it somewhere via light, and then putting it all back together again. It's very interesting.

Beam me up Scotty
I thought Neil Degrass Tyson's idea (though rudimentary but still educated idea) about anti-mater power. The idea would be to use magnets to keep the matter and anti-matter separated and suspended and then let just a few particles at a time crash into each other.

For example 1 kilo of anti-mater could run a 1GW power plant for about three years. But in order for us to "make" anti-matter it would require all the energy produced on earth for 10 million years to create one whole kilo of anti-matter. So as of right now we have an inefficiency problem to say the least in order to use it.

Ben West

Will be interesting to find out -that's for sure. Cheers Ben.

Dear Bunyip, Thanks and Happy New Year to you. We will NOT travel to other Stars until Jesus returns and shows us HOW to speak ourselves to where ever we like. God Bless you.

Ben West

I dunno, will your ego let you be surprised?

Dear Mestemia, Sure. Surprise me.
Fly.gif

Muffled

Jesus in me
That would depend upon which scripture one cites.
The Revolting Pamphlet Of Original Parables (POOP) is said to be without error (according to POOP).
And the word is that mankind shared ancestors with apes. BTW, apes feel deep shame over this.
I beleive last time I looked apes weren't on my family tree. I have KIng Arthur of the roundatable, several Greek gods, St patrick by one of his supposed 25 wives but not Adam and Eve because there was a missing link. Go figure! So that leaves me with Odin (the generations don't add up right) who supposedly was a god and an alien.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I beleive last time I looked apes weren't on my family tree. I have KIng Arthur of the roundatable, several Greek gods, St patrick by one of his supposed 25 wives but not Adam and Eve because there was a missing link. Go figure! So that leaves me with Odin (the generations don't add up right) who supposedly was a god and an alien.
How far back up your family tree did you check?

Muffled

Jesus in me
One would have to look at real education and knowledge to find this correct?
Genealogists sometimes add mythical persons onto thier tree with very little evidence or no evidence at all just for fun. If genealogists can't even prove who their ancesters were then how can science purport to do so?