• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Sonofason

It is a sign of how weak your faith is that you can not entertain an opposing idea without fear of being overtaken by it.

I have to give you credit though. You are honest enough to admit that you chose to remain ignorant on the subject. Most people in your position are not.

I have already resolved this issue. If evolution is true, which it very well may be, it in no way contradicts any of my current beliefs. And I am far from ignorant on the subject. In my mind, I have a far greater understanding of evolution than you do.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I have already resolved this issue. If evolution is true, which it very well may be, it in no way contradicts any of my current beliefs. And I am far from ignorant on the subject. In my mind, I have a far greater understanding of evolution than you do.

Well no offence, but you would not say things like 'evolutionary brainwashing' if you understood what the word 'evolution' means in biology.

Sonofason

Well no offence, but you would not say things like 'evolutionary brainwashing' if you understood what the word 'evolution' means in biology.

Most people who believe in evolution don't even understand the evidence that supposedly supports it. That is a result of brainwashing, not evidence.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Most people who believe in evolution don't even understand the evidence that supposedly supports it. That is a result of brainwashing, not evidence.

1318753hrho4qy6r8.gif
Ain't making up stuff fun!
jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon.gif
You betcha!

Let's make up another one!
dino22.jpg

Most people who believe in creationism don't even understand the lies and deceits that support it. That is a result of brainwashing, not evidence.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat

Nonsense. Most people accept evolution to be a fact because they are taught it in school. The average ten year old could be shown sufficient evidence to understand and accept evolution within a couple of hours. The evidence that supports it is so simple, obvious and demonstrable that it is easily established.

If you knew what 'evolution' means in biology you would also know how easily it can be establisjed to he a fact.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Well to be honest....

Humans HAVE stepped away from the previous genus.

I say God had a Hand in it.

see Genesis.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
And what would an ape know about honesty?

What you are doing is why I lost my faith. I hate the deliberate, evasive dishonesty that you feel obliged to employ in the name of your deity.

What would an ape, in this case you know about honesty? A: Not enough apparently.

Theif, if you have to act this way to keep your faith, it is not worth keeping.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Which one, Ardipithecus, Australopithecus, or Paranthropus? (Not that I expect you know.)

And does it matter what I know?..( so many people seem to think not)

Pick one for me.....we are no longer the animal we were on Day Six.
See Chapter Two of Genesis.

Sonofason

Nonsense. Most people accept evolution to be a fact because they are taught it in school. The average ten year old could be shown sufficient evidence to understand and accept evolution within a couple of hours. The evidence that supports it is so simple, obvious and demonstrable that it is easily established.

If you knew what 'evolution' means in biology you would also know how easily it can be establisjed to he a fact.

What exactly is that evidence that 10 year olds kids understand to be fact?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
What exactly is that evidence that 10 year olds kids understand to be fact?

Well that's easy.

I would ask them to bring a few family photos, and say;

Well kids, evolution just means change over time - that the offspring of any species is a little different to the parent, and those little differences add up to bigger differences over many generations.

Look at a photo of your father, notice how he looks similar to you - but is a little different? Now look at a photo of your grandfather and see how it is also similar but a little different to you.

THAT children is evolution. Those small changes you can see between you and your dad in the photos add up to larger changes over many generations.

Now modern scientists can look at the genetic code of a species and compare it to that of the species offspring - the differences are proof of evolution. In biology evolution has a more specific definition - changes in allele frequency over time. Now all that means is that small changes in a species genetic code in every generation add up to larger changes over many generations.

So as you can see kids, evolution is just change over time - and that species change a little over time can be (and of course has been) observed, measured and hence proven to be a fact.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Sonofason

If it were 6 year olds I would just ask them to bring a photo of mum and dad and say to them, "See how you look a lot like your parents, but are a little bit different?"

Those little differences add up over many generations into bigger differences - THAT is evolution.

Sonofason

Sonofason

If it were 6 year olds I would just ask them to bring a photo of mum and dad and say to them, "See how you look a lot like your parents, but are a little bit different?"

Those little differences add up over many generations into bigger differences - THAT is evolution.

Talk about brainwashing. How pathetic.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
And how dare you teach such young children that evidence is fact?

That allele frequencies change over time (evolution) is a fact. It is a fact that can be (and has been) proven by direct observation.
Evolution is a proven, observable fact. Teaching children proven facts is important.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Talk about brainwashing. How pathetic.

I know mate. But don't feel ashamed, you have an opportunity to correct that brainwashing you suffered.

The light of knowledge and truth is shining upon you - evolution means change over time, and those changes can be and have been observed.

I know that you have been brainwashed into believing that evolution is something different, but fear not - we are here to help.

It's shameful how creationists teach children so many lies about evolution - like that it means a lizard 'turning into' a bird, or an ape into a human and so on- but those lies are easily dismissed now that you have the internet.

Last edited: