• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
So unlike other posters....you won't stand before heaven and try to excuse yourself for being an animal?

Excuse what? Of course I am an animal - so are you. What are you trying to say? Please just give an honest answer for a change.

Chimps are animals, human are animals. But humans are not chimps - what are you struggling with here?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Excuse what? Of course I am an animal - so are you. What are you trying to say? Please just give an honest answer for a change.

Chimps are animals, human are animals. But humans are not chimps - what are you struggling with here?

No effort on my part....I got it.

Think you can stand well before heaven?.....as a talking monkey?

Or would you prefer to say you got some spirit?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
No effort on my part....I got it.

Think you can stand well before heaven?.....as a talking monkey?

Or would you prefer to say you got some spirit?

Why act the fool? Does faith prevent you from giving an honest answer?

You seem to be demonstrating how religious belief can prevent rational thought, which seems to me to be somewhat of an 'own goal'.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member

You seem to be demonstrating how religious belief can prevent rational thought, which seems to me to be somewhat of an 'own goal'.
Pay it no mind. It's a tactic I've seen quite a few believers use when backed into a corner and can't think of anything else to say: prattle on with nonsense. When it gets too bad I put such folk on IGNORE and be done with them.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

At this moment I'm watching a documentary about Man and the most basic of inventions.

String...shoes.....copper axe.....

Seems rational thought has been around for awhile.

Wish I could find more of it.

allfoak

Alchemist
It always comes to this.

life is a paradox.
everyone has a unique perspective of it and often on boards like this you get polarized perspectives; ie,
perspectives that are completely opposite.
Here is the paradox part.
Both perspectives contain some truth.
Alone they are incomplete, together, they create a picture that better represents the "whole truth."
Wholeness is what we are after and the only way to get it is to listen and learn.

Logic and intuition are at work here.
Unless they are allowed to work together wholeness cannot be achieved.

Life does not work without the coming together of the opposites.
right - left
male - female
right - wrong
pleasure - pain
love - hate

without one the other does not even exist.
It is the same on every level.

This argument will never be won by either side because it is not about choosing sides but rather it is about bringing them together.

One says there is a creator and the other says it happened naturally.
I say both are correct.

Sonofason

Sorry, I'm too busy learning about my creator. Perhaps another day.

What do you want me to do, drop everything I'm doing so I can make time for evolutionary brainwashing? I really don't care if evolution is true or not. As I have said, more than once, I do not say that evolution is not true. I lack sufficient evidence to believe that it is true. But I don't care if it is true. I'm not about to waste my time learning about something that I care so little for. The study of evolution, in my mind, is a complete and utter waste of one's time. In my opinion, it serves no good purpose whatsoever. The only reason I'm here debating this meaningless subject with anyone in the first place is to express my opinion that, whether or not evolution is true, God is responsible for the existence of all life, and so therefore all life forms as well. There is nothing about evolution that precludes the Biblical account of creation from being true.

People have often demanded that I show them evidence of God, as if evidence were something that must be apparent to everyone in order to be considered valid evidence. And I assure you, that is not the case. You argue that evolution is true, yet you have not convinced me with your so-called evidence.

Sonofason

It always comes to this.

life is a paradox.
everyone has a unique perspective of it and often on boards like this you get polarized perspectives; ie,
Alone they are incomplete, together, they create a picture that better represents the "whole truth."
Wholeness is what we are after and the only way to get it is to listen and learn.

right - left
male - female
right - wrong
pleasure - pain
love - hate

This argument will never be won by either side because it is not about choosing sides but rather it is about bringing them together.

I say both are correct.

A very insightful comment. Thanks for sharing that.

idav

Being
Premium Member
What do you want me to do, drop everything I'm doing so I can make time for evolutionary brainwashing? I really don't care if evolution is true or not. As I have said, more than once, I do not say that evolution is not true. I lack sufficient evidence to believe that it is true. But I don't care if it is true. I'm not about to waste my time learning about something that I care so little for. The study of evolution, in my mind, is a complete and utter waste of one's time. In my opinion, it serves no good purpose whatsoever. The only reason I'm here debating this meaningless subject with anyone in the first place is to express my opinion that, whether or not evolution is true, God is responsible for the existence of all life, and so therefore all life forms as well. There is nothing about evolution that precludes the Biblical account of creation from being true.

People have often demanded that I show them evidence of God, as if evidence were something that must be apparent to everyone in order to be considered valid evidence. And I assure you, that is not the case. You argue that evolution is true, yet you have not convinced me with your so-called evidence.
The knowledge has made the scientific community acknowledge that humans arent necessarily superior because all of life have a common ancestor and therefore all of life are brothers and sistsers it isnt just humans that are brothers. The knowledge should be widening people worldviews. Why is it that religious try so hard to distinguish themselves from the rest of the planet, whatver the reason its false reasoning.

idav

Being
Premium Member
It always comes to this.

life is a paradox.

right - left
male - female
right - wrong
pleasure - pain
love - hate

I say both are correct.
I can agree with this but humans being apes is a no brainer.

Sonofason

The knowledge has made the scientific community acknowledge that humans arent necessarily superior because all of life have a common ancestor and therefore all of life are brothers and sistsers it isnt just humans that are brothers. The knowledge should be widening people worldviews. Why is it that religious try so hard to distinguish themselves from the rest of the planet, whatver the reason its false reasoning.

Very interesting. If there were ever a good reason to believe in evolution, that is one of them.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Perhaps the apes were a vehicle for the soul at one point?
Why wouldn't the entire species of apes evolve into human form?
Some are actually going extinct.

It doesnt work that way. Thats like asking why your first cousin doesnt have dna directly from your father. Your cousins exists cause their line never died off but continued to diverge. You justbkeep going back in time until all animals share common lineage, just like you can go back to the beginning of humans where we share common lineage despite the diversity we see in the human species alone.

allfoak

Alchemist
It doesnt work that way. Thats like asking why your first cousin doesnt have dna directly from your father. Your cousins exists cause their line never died off but continued to diverge. You justbkeep going back in time until all animals share common lineage, just like you can go back to the beginning of humans where we share common lineage despite the diversity we see in the human species alone.

Understood.

It is still all a mystery to me.
I understand that we have all of the earthly kingdoms (animal, vegetable, mineral) within ourselves .
And then we are uniquely human, that is four kingdoms.
Based upon life's example of needing to keep all things in balance, i would say there must also be three higher kingdoms within man to balance the three lower.

Having said all of that, at this stage of my understanding, it is still a mystery.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Having said all of that, at this stage of my understanding, it is still a mystery.

Its not easy for anyone since for most people seeing is believing. Fossils are one of the ways we can literally see the progression and divergence of all lifeforms. When we go back in time passed the age of bones we are forced to painstakingly dig in soild to find the first organisms which were single celled before multicellular organisms existed. It has been a mystery in the past but for every mystery there is a scientists figuring it out and the knowledge just keeps increasing exponentially as now billions of people still trying answer questions we still have. We shouldn't be trying to start from scratch the answers are getting to be more and more complex.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Sonofason said:
What do you want me to do, drop everything I'm doing so I can make time for evolutionary brainwashing?
Never hurts to learn something new.
Sonofason said:
I really don't care if evolution is true or not. As I have said, more than once, I do not say that evolution is not true. I lack sufficient evidence to believe that it is true.
There is sufficient evidence to fill multiple libraries and museums, yet you reject it in favor of the contents of a single book for the contents of which there is no definitive evidence of any sort.
Sonofason said:
But I don't care if it is true. I'm not about to waste my time learning about something that I care so little for.
But yet you will argue from ignorance against it?
Sonofason said:
The study of evolution, in my mind, is a complete and utter waste of one's time. In my opinion, it serves no good purpose whatsoever. The only reason I'm here debating this meaningless subject with anyone in the first place is to express my opinion that, whether or not evolution is true, God is responsible for the existence of all life, and so therefore all life forms as well.
We await your evidence for the sweeping statement with baited breath.
Sonofason said:
There is nothing about evolution that precludes the Biblical account of creation from being true.
Sure there is, starting with the fact that in the real world the sun came first.
Sonofason said:
People have often demanded that I show them evidence of God, as if evidence were something that must be apparent to everyone in order to be considered valid evidence.
That is the usual nature of evidence.
Sonofason said:
And I assure you, that is not the case. You argue that evolution is true, yet you have not convinced me with your so-called evidence.
There at none so blind as those who will not see. John Heywood, 1546

Sam Harris makes a great analogy: ... The absurdity becomes obvious the moment we swap the notion of God for some other consoling proposition: Imagine, for instance, that a man wants to believe that there is a diamond buried somewhere in his yard that is the size of a refrigerator. No doubt it would feel uncommonly good to believe this. Just imagine what would happen if he then followed the example of religious moderates and maintained this belief along pragmatic lines: When asked why he thinks that there is a diamond in his yard that is thousands of times larger than any yet discovered, he says things like, “This belief gives my life meaning,” or “My family and I enjoy digging for it on Sundays,” or “I wouldn’t want to live in a universe where there wasn’t a diamond buried in my backyard that is the size of a refrigerator.” Clearly these responses are inadequate. But they are worse than that. They are the responses of a madman or an idiot.

Last edited:

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
At this moment I'm watching a documentary about Man and the most basic of inventions.

String...shoes.....copper axe.....

Seems rational thought has been around for awhile.

Wish I could find more of it.

Just a little honesty is what you need.

The Neo Nerd

It is a sign of how weak your faith is that you can not entertain an opposing idea without fear of being overtaken by it.

I have to give you credit though. You are honest enough to admit that you chose to remain ignorant on the subject. Most people in your position are not.