• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Sonofason

Is obviously a trolling statement, posted simply in order to provoke an emotional response.

...is also the same kind of statement.

And you are once again wrong in your assumption about my intentions.

I wanted you to answer the question truthfully, without me giving you the answer, which is to prevent death and to save lives. We kill bacteria to save lives. That is what we do. And that is what I had said, and that is what everyone was disputing, and overlooking the fact that in the context of that claim that I made I also put forth a biased unsubstantiated claim that everyone ignored. It so amazed me, I had to confess. And that is what I did.

No one really expects an answer to the questions, "why would you want to kill bacteria? What is the motive for killing those poor, innocent little creatures?"

I expected an answer. And I expected the right answer, and no one gave it, except me.

It's obvious why these bacteria need to be eradicated, and it's also obvious that they're neither "poor" nor "innocent." You asked them simply to be provocative.

I have already addressed why you are wrong here. I'm sorry I threw you off with calling them poor and innocent. While I don't know if they are poor or not, they certainly are innocent creatures. It is not their intention to destroy human life, even if it could be said to be true that the purpose of their existence is to destroy human life.

Your second post is the same, because it's quite obvious I haven't been humiliated.

I did say that if I had been so directly refuted I would have been humiliated.

But please, keep trying to deflect blame and project it on others.

I will try to meet all of your expectations.

Sonofason

Could you please provide a methodology as to how we can use the scientific method to know and experience god.

First place a little faith, about two scoops, in the possibility of God.
Read the New Testament once through.
Then, read it again more slowly.
Research that which you don't understand by directing your questions to experts in the field. That does not include scientists, by the way.
Recognize that the words you are reading were written with sincerity in heart.
Notice that the authors believe what they are saying.
Notice the emotions that you are feeling at all times.
Discern whether or not what is being said seems true in your heart.

You will read sections that touch your heart. At those times you should thank God for touching your heart. This is a good time to ask God to reveal Himself to you. He may, or He may not. You are being tested.

Obey the commands you read. Abstain from all sin that this book demands.
Recognize your failures, and be sorrowful for those failures. Please note that your sins are sins against God, as well as against yourself and others. Turn from your sins. This is repentance. Ask God for His forgiveness. Ask Him for another chance to make things right.

At this point you should be on your knees, or face down on the ground. At this point you should be feeling God's love pouring into you. God loves us.

Well thanks for making me break one of the Golden Rules. Surely the mods will know that this was requested of me, and is indeed evidence of a procedure that must be followed in order to know and experience God. And it is so. Love and Obey God, and you will receive evidence of God. Don't, and you won't.

The Neo Nerd

Dear Quaxotic, I can UNLESS you can tell us HOW ancient men of 3k years ago knew:

That we live in a Multiverse Gen 1:6-8 and Gen 2:4
That the Big Bang of our Universe was on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4
That the FIRST Stars of our world did NOT put forth their light until the 4th Day. Gen 1:16 Humans didn't learn this until we had Space Telescopes.
That "every living creature that moves" was created and brought forth, from the water, on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Science agrees and shows that this happened some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time, from the WATER, on our planet.

God's Holy Word was written for people highly advanced in their knowledge of today's Science. Genesis is just now being understood, because Humans are currently discovering what the Supreme Intelligence of Creation wrote to us in Genesis. The traditional religious view does NOT agree with what is actually written, but instead, is the Theology of ancient men, who lived thousands of years BEFORE Science.

No man, 3k years ago could have told us the things listed above. It's evidence, which can be studied, examined, and confirmed to be the Truth in every way. God's Truth MUST agree with every other discovered Truth or it is NOT God's Truth. So examine the evidence for yourself, since Faith IS the EVIDENCE of things not seen. Heb 11:1 God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

No i asked what scientific methodology can be used to know god.

You have not provided a methodology.

Here is the scientific method:

- Formulate a question (eg why is the sky blue)
- Develop a hypothesis (eg it was painted that colour)
- Develop a prediction (eg if it is painted there, then we should be able to go up there and take some scrapings)
- Do tests (eg go up there and try to take some scrapings)
- Analyse the results (eg you were despite going into out of space you were unable to find a place to get some paint scrapings. Therefore your hypothesis is incoprrect. You would then create a new hypothesis and start the whole process again)

What you have, by taking what we know and then saying "see the bible says it here", is not science.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
That's right, but it's not a trap, though. I've been teaching that for years -- faith is the only way out of Christian fundamentalism.
Sure. I have no problem with your view. I think your view is much healthier view than these reductionistic apologists like Ken Ham et al. They're trying to make God smaller than their own little minds. To them, God can only be the way they can understand God. God can never be bigger than their petit view of the world. If they can't understand evolution, well, then God didn't use evolution. If they can't understand quantum mechanics, physics, chemistry, nutrition, or how a TV set works, well, then all that is from the devil and false. God works in mysterious ways, as long as he fits their limited knowledge.

A

angellous_evangellous

Research that which you don't understand by directing your questions to experts in the field. That does not include scientists, by the way.
Recognize that the words you are reading were written with sincerity in heart.
Notice that the authors believe what they are saying.

You will read sections that touch your heart. At those times you should thank God for touching your heart. This is a good time to ask God to reveal Himself to you. He may, or He may not. You are being tested.

Recognize your failures, and be sorrowful for those failures. Please note that your sins are sins against God, as well as against yourself and others. Turn from your sins. This is repentance. Ask God for His forgiveness. Ask Him for another chance to make things right.

At this point you should be on your knees, or face down on the ground. At this point you should be feeling God's love pouring into you. God loves us.

Well thanks for making me break one of the Golden Rules. Surely the mods will know that this was requested of me, and is indeed evidence of a procedure that must be followed in order to know and experience God. And it is so. Love and Obey God, and you will receive evidence of God. Don't, and you won't.

This isn't a method.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I wanted you to answer the question truthfully, without me giving you the answer, which is to prevent death and to save lives. We kill bacteria to save lives. That is what we do. And that is what I had said, and that is what everyone was disputing, and overlooking the fact that in the context of that claim that I made I also put forth a biased unsubstantiated claim that everyone ignored. It so amazed me, I had to confess. And that is what I did.
IOW, you trolled a post.
I expected an answer.
I'm not buying it.
they certainly are innocent creatures.
No they're not. They kill people.
I will try to meet all of your expectations.
Now THAT I buy.

Sonofason

IOW, you trolled a post.

I'm not buying it.

Now THAT I buy.

I honestly don't care what you buy into.

You're talking to a person who doesn't lie, not ever. But you don't have to buy that either. Like I said, I don't care what you buy into. And being as honest as I am, I am certainly not impressed by lies.

Sonofason

IOW, you trolled a post.

I'm not buying it.

Now THAT I buy.

Wait, I'm backing up. So you're thinking that if a bear happens to eat, lets say a human child that the bear is guilty of some wrong doing, and that somehow his actions are so criminal that they warrant the death penalty?

Okay, Wow!!

The Neo Nerd

So your methodology goes a little something like this

First pretend that god exists (now since i do not believe your god exists having faith would have to mean that i would have to pretend)

Read the literature that supports the conclusion.

Consult experts, but ONLY those that agree with your conclusion.

Recognize that the words you are reading were written with sincerity in heart.Notice that the authors believe what they are saying.

Analyse the material, identifying any biases. Then promptly ignore the existence of these biases.

Then once again pretend god exists and talk to him.

You cannot explore the veracity of a claim by first pretending it is true, then ignore any evidence to the contrary, then by reinforcing it with a bit more pretending.

This is not the way to make even the most minor decisions let alone verify the nature of reality.

A

angellous_evangellous

Wait, I'm backing up. So you're thinking that if a bear happens to eat, lets say a human child that the bear is guilty of some wrong doing, and that somehow his actions are so criminal that they warrant the death penalty?

Okay, Wow!!

You can't just say anything you like and claim that you're backing something up. :facepalm:

sojourner

I honestly don't care what you buy into.
i don't care that you don't care.
You're talking to a person who doesn't lie, not ever.
Your nose is growing...
But you don't have to buy that either.
I don't buy non-existent products or services.
Like I said, I don't care what you buy into.
You already said that. It seems like you're trying awfully had to convince yourself of that.
And being as honest as I am
I bet you can smell two weeks ahead from here...
I am certainly not impressed by lies.
Yet... your posts seem so dishonest. How's that working' for ya?

sojourner

Okay, Wow!!
That's usually the way it works with pit bulls, mountain lions, bears, and any other creature that kills people. Why are you surprised? You never watch the news or read a news feed?

A

angellous_evangellous

That's usually the way it works with pit bulls, mountain lions, bears, and any other creature that kills people. Why are you surprised? You never watch the news or read a news feed?

I think that's such a basic logical flaw that there's not even a name for that fallacy. Seriously.

Sonofason

So your methodology goes a little something like this

First pretend that god exists (now since i do not believe your god exists having faith would have to mean that i would have to pretend)

Read the literature that supports the conclusion.

Consult experts, but ONLY those that agree with your conclusion.

Analyse the material, identifying any biases. Then promptly ignore the existence of these biases.

Then once again pretend god exists and talk to him.

You cannot explore the veracity of a claim by first pretending it is true, then ignore any evidence to the contrary, then by reinforcing it with a bit more pretending.

This is not the way to make even the most minor decisions let alone verify the nature of reality.

I'm sorry, one must start with a hypothesis, and that's the hypothesis, that God exists.

Sonofason

i don't care that you don't care.

Your nose is growing...

I don't buy non-existent products or services.

You already said that. It seems like you're trying awfully had to convince yourself of that.

I bet you can smell two weeks ahead from here...

Yet... your posts seem so dishonest. How's that working' for ya?

It's working perfectly, and I am accomplishing my goals.