• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Sir, the question is the hypothesis. You cannot study the hypothesis without first assuming it to be true. The experiment will lead to the conclusion. A hypothesis is not a conclusion by the way.

Never reject what you don't know is false.

I'm sure others have answered this by now....but you're incorrect. Now you and I just had a discussion about how much science you took in high school and college and one would think that you learned enough not to mess this up especially since you said you took Chemistry and presumably (advanced) courses on the subject.

But to start....You DO NOT first "Assume" the answer to your question is true before doing any experiments. This is illogical within the scientific method. Here are the steps to the method....

Ask a question
Do the research
Construct a hypothesis
Test the hypothesis by doing experiments
Analyze the data and draw your conclusion
Share your results (This is done so others can analyze your data)

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I'm not really sold on this idea.

I have a problem. You see, many biologist/evolutionists claim that we (all living things), are genetically related. They claim that this conclusion is based on some kind of evidence showing that creatures of all sorts, including all plants share common DNA. I find this rather absurd

Yet you're not able to bring forth any competing evidence that refutes the genomic results.

that with all of the biodiversity on this planet that life only formed once, and that everything evolved from that one single living thing. It's a complete farce. It's a complete lie.

Yet many of your fellow biblical creation believers believe that two people (the biblical Adam and Eve -his clone) are responsible for all of the biodiversity of every living human on the planet.

That out of one human (Adam), and let's face it...Eve was a clone/twin (however that's supposed to work)....that out of one human DNA strand they gave rise to the many ethnic populations on the planet today? So you assume that proven bio-diversification as presented time and time again through our shared ancestry is a farce and a lie compared to your book's version of life on the planet..? Come on.

jonathan180iq

So you say that you do not understand evolution, and do not understand the evidence - but state outright that it is absurd, false and a lie. All creatures DO share DNA in common - Why call something a lie, when you KNOW that you do not actually understand it, or the evidence for it?

All creatures do have DNA in common, why deny it?

It means that anything you say about god can be dismissed - you make it clear that you do not care if what you say is true or not.

I'm actually quite surprised that they haven't abandoned their current ship for the much more supportable one using DNA as their "Fingerprints of Creation" argument. It at least gives them a talking point...

psst: You're welcome, fatalists.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
One might think, as I sometimes do, especially when debating certain folks on this very topic, and even in this very thread that God has indeed failed miserably. But I then realize that God gets to decide what he wishes with regard to that which He creates.

Then you've proven my point. Your god has to "decide to create", it has to go through elaborate schemes to produce another human from the first one, it gets mad at its creation, it seems to not know where its creation is, what it has done. Your god becomes angry at its creation. It is described as a vengeful god and a jealous god. It kills it's creation for doing something it seemed to not know it was going to do...your god is said to be the one who stands in judgement of his creation......

But to what end and what is the point of an all knowing, all seeing god if it fails so miserably at the above.....All of the above are human qualities and creations of a god. In order for you to know a supposed all knowing and all seeing and all powerful god, as described by followers, you've given it human qualities. So if your god is all of those things as I said above, and yes each of these characteristics of your god is in your scripture, then that god is inept at being (all powerful, all knowing, all seeing).......

Honestly, what do you know about creation? What have you created?

And the Lord said,
"You are like the clay in the potter’s hands, and I am the potter.” This message is from the Lord. “There may come a time when I will speak about a nation or a kingdom that I will pull up by its roots or tear down and destroy it. But if the people of that nation change their hearts and lives and stop doing evil things, I will change my mind and not bring on them the disaster I planned. There may come another time when I speak about a nation that I will build up or plant. But if I see that nation doing evil things and not obeying me, I will think again about the good I had planned to do for them.
See my above statement. Your god acts as a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum in the toy isle because it can't get what it wants.

Face it. God has created some people with destruction in mind.
To what end if your god knows the outcome of all things. For a god to do such a thing shows it isn't all knowing or all powerful....or what it really shows is that man has a great imagination to create this god.

And these declarations here show us that even so, God can have a change of heart, and have mercy upon our souls.
You've given your god human qualities....You've given him a heart, emotions and feelings. You've bestowed upon it a lack of awareness.......yet you preach scripture to me as if I'm supposed to believe the rantings of feeble minded farmers creating fictitious stories.... :rolleyes:

Yep, He's an original, a one of a kind. Well, that's my opinion for what it's worth.
Your god is no different than any other "human"....given how you describe it.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yet you consider quotes like this appropriate for intellectual debate?

"Why would such an all knowing and all powerful god fail so miserably in something simple as creation..?"
(from post 1910 by DirtyPenguin)

No evidence.
No support.
No argument.

At best it is atheistic proselytizing. But that you apparently approve.

Tis an opinion nothing more. That opinion is based on your own scripture. And for the record I'm not interested in converting people to atheism.

Aman777

Bible Believer
Quote:
Aman:>>That we live in a Multiverse Gen 1:6-8 and Gen 2:4
That the Big Bang of our Universe was on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4
That the FIRST Stars of our world did NOT put forth their light until the 4th Day. Gen 1:16 Humans didn't learn this until we had Space Telescopes.
That "every living creature that moves" was created and brought forth, from the water, on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Science agrees and shows that this happened some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time, from the WATER, on our planet.
Except that the bible doesn't say any of this.

Dear sojourner, Sure it does. Gen 1:6-8 shows that the first Heaven was made the 2nd Day and other HeavenS were made the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 1+2=3 You are refuted because you cannot understand Scripture OR you cannot add.

One of the HeavenS made on the 3rd Day was our world. Gen 2:4 AND the Stars of our world didn't put forth light until Hundreds of Millions of years later on the 4th Day Gen 1:16. You are refuted because you cannot read and understand Scripture.

Gen 1:21 says that "every living creature that moveth" was created and brought forth from the water on the 5th Day which was some 3.7 Billion years ago on our Planet according to Science. You are refuted and will remain that way until you find yourself a Version of Scripture which actually agrees with what is written, instead of your group's ideas, borrowed from ancient goatherders.

Until you get a Bible which has not been changed, it does NO good to argue with someone who is so obviously wrong. The KJV of Scripture will ALWAYS disagree with your "modern" paraphrased version. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer
No i asked what scientific methodology can be used to know god.

You have not provided a methodology.

Here is the scientific method:

- Formulate a question (eg why is the sky blue)
- Develop a hypothesis (eg it was painted that colour)
- Develop a prediction (eg if it is painted there, then we should be able to go up there and take some scrapings)
- Do tests (eg go up there and try to take some scrapings)
- Analyse the results (eg you were despite going into out of space you were unable to find a place to get some paint scrapings. Therefore your hypothesis is incoprrect. You would then create a new hypothesis and start the whole process again)

What you have, by taking what we know and then saying "see the bible says it here", is not science.

Dear Quaxotic, What gives you so much Faith to believe the Lies of the ToE? Answer: It's YOUR faith that Science knows more than God told us in Scripture. That is your Scientific method. Since I already know that the ToE is terribly Flawed because it preaches that we evolved from Apes, WHY should I believe ANYthing man's flawed Science teaches? Your Faith is in Human knowledge, which will soon be burned. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer
The genome says you're incorrect......

Dear Dirty, False. The scientific concensus of Godless Evols is incorrect. God tell us HOW the Human genome was contaminated with the blood of prehistoric people who are the descendants of the common ancestor of Apes. That is where we got our contaminated Blood, which cost us some 90% of our Human Lifespans. Gen 6:3

Since NO ancient man of 3k years ago could have known this scientific FACT, it's PROOF that God is the Author of Genesis. Your genone "evidence" is refuted, Scripturally. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Aman777

Bible Believer
Which original text does your King James Bible refer to? Is there a copy of that anywhere?

Dear jonathan, The KJV refers to the original Hebrew and Greek words, which makes it easy to look up their meanings. IF a word has been added for clarity, it is shown in italics, so you know the word doesn't actually appear in the oldest texts. Some UnBelievers, because they CANNOT understand Scripture, seek the latest, most modern, paraphrased, versions which do NOT allow reference to the original meanings of the words used. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

jonathan180iq

Dear jonathan, The KJV refers to the original Hebrew and Greek words, which makes it easy to look up their meanings. IF a word has been added for clarity, it is shown in italics, so you know the word doesn't actually appear in the oldest texts. Some UnBelievers, because they CANNOT understand Scripture, seek the latest, most modern, paraphrased, versions which do NOT allow reference to the original meanings of the words used. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

Yes. Which original text does the KJV use as a guide?

Last edited:

jonathan180iq

Dear Dirty, False. The scientific concensus of Godless Evols is incorrect. God tell us HOW the Human genome was contaminated with the blood of prehistoric people who are the descendants of the common ancestor of Apes. That is where we got our contaminated Blood, which cost us some 90% of our Human Lifespans. Gen 6:3

Since NO ancient man of 3k years ago could have known this scientific FACT, it's PROOF that God is the Author of Genesis. Your genone "evidence" is refuted, Scripturally. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman

AwesomeAman,

Your source material says your chronology is wrong...

Genesis 6

1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

15 And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

16 A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

21 And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.

22 Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.

jonathan180iq

It's in a hermetically-sealed plexiglas container in Mr. Peabody's lab, next to the Wayback Machine. :rolleyes:

wayback-machine.jpg

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Quote:
Aman:>>That we live in a Multiverse Gen 1:6-8 and Gen 2:4
That the Big Bang of our Universe was on the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4
That the FIRST Stars of our world did NOT put forth their light until the 4th Day. Gen 1:16 Humans didn't learn this until we had Space Telescopes.
That "every living creature that moves" was created and brought forth, from the water, on the 5th Day. Gen 1:21 Science agrees and shows that this happened some 3.7 Billion years ago, in man's time, from the WATER, on our planet.

Dear sojourner, Sure it does. Gen 1:6-8 shows that the first Heaven was made the 2nd Day and other HeavenS were made the 3rd Day. Gen 2:4 1+2=3 You are refuted because you cannot understand Scripture OR you cannot add.

One of the HeavenS made on the 3rd Day was our world. Gen 2:4 AND the Stars of our world didn't put forth light until Hundreds of Millions of years later on the 4th Day Gen 1:16.

Gen 1:21 says that "every living creature that moveth" was created and brought forth from the water on the 5th Day which was some 3.7 Billion years ago on our Planet according to Science.

The KJV of Scripture will ALWAYS disagree with your "modern" paraphrased version. God Bless you.

In Love,
Aman
Here's your precious KJ:
"Genesis 1-2:20King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

9 And out of the ground made the Lord God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

16 And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

18 And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

19 And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him."

Nowhere in the text is anything said about "multiverses," "big bang," "multiple worlds" (ours/Adam's), or anything else you claim it does. This is all complete fabrication borne out of misapprehension.

You are refuted because you cannot read and understand Scripture.
I've been saying that to you for weeks now.
You are refuted and will remain that way until you find yourself a Version of Scripture which actually agrees with what is written, instead of your group's ideas, borrowed from ancient goatherders.
The NRSV does "agree with what's written," because it is "what's written." Nonetheless, I even used your precious KJV. It clearly lacks what you claim it contains.
Until you get a Bible which has not been changed,
Hah! All bibles have "changed" in some way.
it does NO good to argue with someone who is so obviously wrong.
I've been saying that to you for weeks, as well.

idav

Being
Premium Member

In Love,
Aman

You can't just stop their Aman. You must spread the good news to these other unbelievers!!!

Please show some heart and don't throw them alive into a burning pit!!!
NGS1138220-2.jpg