• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hunter Biden trial set to begin Monday

Do you think he is guilty? Do you think he will be found guilty?

• yes he is guilty

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • no he isn't guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes he will be found guilty

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no he won't be found guilty

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

McBell

Admiral Obvious
His argument is about the government's ability to prohibit firearm possession by a person with a civil domestic violence restraining order in the absence of a corresponding criminal domestic violence conviction or charge.
This is how it reads to me as well.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Don't try to act like Huner Biden is just another private citizen. He certainly hasn't acted that way.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No one, but he's getting a lot of attention for something inconsequential. He's a private citizen facing charges. That's not news or special.

You well know that the MAGAs are and will play the "guilt by association" card.

esmith

Veteran Member
Well the outcome of the trial will be a lose lose for the Democrats.
If he is found guilty they will cry those nasty Republicans are out for revenge
If he is found not guilty a lot of people will look at this as interference and rigged courts.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hmm, think you might be misinformed.
Example why I say this.
Show me an example of where the person that bought the fire arm was charged with the same law that Hunter was charged with. This challenge was given on another thread and all that could be found were was cases where it was part of a plea bargain. It was not a charge that resulted in a trial. Unconstitutional laws can be of use, if they are applied in a very limited manner. From my understanding this is pretty much just a plea bargain law and one cannot appeal a plea bargain. One can later reject it, but then the trial usually goes back to the original charges.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If he is found not guilty a lot of people will look at this as interference and rigged courts.
The second applies only to deluded MAGA fans. If found guilty there will be an appeal and a law that used to be useful will be made unconstitutional due to Republican incompetence and dishonesty. Oh my, I got terribly redundant at the end.

We Never Know

No Slack
Show me an example of where the person that bought the fire arm was charged with the same law that Hunter was charged with. This challenge was given on another thread and all that could be found were was cases where it was part of a plea bargain. It was not a charge that resulted in a trial. Unconstitutional laws can be of use, if they are applied in a very limited manner. From my understanding this is pretty much just a plea bargain law and one cannot appeal a plea bargain. One can later reject it, but then the trial usually goes back to the original charges.
If your claim is

"no one else who committed the same crime as Hunter was charged"

Then you need to show the others who committed the same crime and weren't charged.

For the record my claim is Hunter lied on a federal form about drug use while purchasing a gun.

One can take it to trial or plea bargain out to avoid a trial. Trump more than likely could have gotten a plea bargain, but that involves admitting guilt, something Trump would never do.

If Hunter and his lawyers talk to the prosecutor and say Hunter will admit guilt for a plea bargain of a lesser charge, a trial will be/could be avoided.

And fyi... A plea bargain can be made at any time from arraignment, during the trial and right up until/before the jury reaches a verdict

Last edited:

anotherneil

He has a 2nd Amendment right just like every other American, so he shouldn't be convicted or even charged with anything to do with unconstitutional illegal possession of firearms laws. However, if he put false information on an official form and that in itself is a crime, then he should be found guilty for that.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Duh!
It's obviously political.
Biden was out to get Trump.
Now he's out to get his own son.
Soon Biden will call for his own prosecution.
:)

The right projects its attitudes on the left.

President Biden already has said he would not pardon his son if convicted. I'm sure that's going to be spun by the right into their own "everything is political" world.

We Never Know

No Slack
:)

The right projects its attitudes on the left.

President Biden already has said he would not pardon his son if convicted. I'm sure that's going to be spun by the right into their own "everything is political" world.

Trump said he didn't falsify any records.

Time and a jury told a different story

"Biden already has said he would not pardon his son if convicted"

Time will tell

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The second applies only to deluded MAGA fans. If found guilty there will be an appeal and a law that used to be useful will be made unconstitutional due to Republican incompetence and dishonesty. Oh my, I got terribly redundant at the end.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Meanwhile Beau Hunter's widow testified that she did not see him using drugs at the time that she was with him between when he bought the gun and she threw it away. He only had the gun for a period of 11 days. He did use drugs after that but that could always be argued to be a relapse:

At any rate, I am fairly sure that this will be found to be an unconstitutional law. At least at a lower court level. Since the USSC is not purely political MAGAt's it is hard to say how they would go. They would want to protect gun rights but at least three of them are Republican puppets.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If your claim is

"no one else who committed the same crime as Hunter was charged"

Then you need to show the others who committed the same crime and weren't charged.

For the record my claim is Hunter lied on a federal form about drug use while purchasing a gun.

One can take it to trial or plea bargain out to avoid a trial. Trump more than likely could have gotten a plea bargain, but that involves admitting guilt, something Trump would never do.

If Hunter and his lawyers talk to the prosecutor and say Hunter will admit guilt for a plea bargain of a lesser charge, a trial will be/could be avoided.

And fyi... A plea bargain can be made at any time from arraignment, during the trial and right up until/before the jury reaches a verdict
LOL! I cannot show people not being charged with crimes. I have shown examples of people where this was added as part of a plea bargain.

In this case the burden of proof is upon those that have said that this particular law is enforced.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He has a 2nd Amendment right just like every other American, so he shouldn't be convicted or even charged with anything to do with unconstitutional illegal possession of firearms laws. However, if he put false information on an official form and that in itself is a crime, then he should be found guilty for that.
That is not true if the form itself is used for an unconstitutional act.

We Never Know

No Slack
Meanwhile Beau Hunter's widow testified that she did not see him using drugs at the time that she was with him between when he bought the gun and she threw it away. He only had the gun for a period of 11 days. He did use drugs after that but that could always be argued to be a relapse:

At any rate, I am fairly sure that this will be found to be an unconstitutional law. At least at a lower court level. Since the USSC is not purely political MAGAt's it is hard to say how they would go. They would want to protect gun rights but at least three of them are Republican puppets.

Any drug user I have ever known didn't do drugs in front of people they knew would look down on it.

From your link

"Much of her testimony focused on Oct. 23, 2018 — 11 days after he bought the gun and when she tossed it. Hunter was staying with her and seemed exhausted. Asked by the prosecutor if it appeared that Hunter was using drugs around then, she said, “He could have been.”

We Never Know

No Slack
LOL! I cannot show people not being charged with crimes. I have shown examples of people where this was added as part of a plea bargain.

In this case the burden of proof is upon those that have said that this particular law is enforced.
Your arguement is others who have done the same weren't charged.
You have to show the others that did the same(lie about drug use on the form and that they weren't charged for doing that when caught.

In 2019 there were 478 referrals for lying on the form 4473 and 298 cases filed(62%)
What did they lie about. I dont know.
Why weren't they charged. I dont know.