• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hunter Biden trial set to begin Monday

Do you think he is guilty? Do you think he will be found guilty?

• yes he is guilty

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • no he isn't guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes he will be found guilty

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • no he won't be found guilty

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Any drug user I have ever known didn't do drugs in front of people they knew would look down on it.

From your link

"Much of her testimony focused on Oct. 23, 2018 — 11 days after he bought the gun and when she tossed it. Hunter was staying with her and seemed exhausted. Asked by the prosecutor if it appeared that Hunter was using drugs around then, she said, “He could have been.”
Well then that does not apply in this case:

"Hunter Biden watched expressionless from the courtroom during her testimony. She told jurors that she found crack at her home and saw him using it. She was with him occasionally when he saw dealers. Prosecutor Leo Wise asked Hallie about her own 2018 trip to California, where she visited Hunter at the Roosevelt Hotel, and asked her whether she was also using drugs."

They had used drugs together. At this time she did not see him using drugs. Finding drug paraphernalia in his car is not necessarily a sign of addiction. You can often find that long after a person quit. At any rate, and this may not be allowed to be argued in a lower court by the defense, I think that the ultimate defeater of this case even if he is found guilty is the unconstitutional nature of the law. Other prosecutors seem to have known that because all that I have ever found it to be used in were plea bargaining cases.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your arguement is others who have done the same weren't charged.
You have to show the others that did the same(lie about drug use on the form and that they weren't charged for doing that when caught.
No, I really do not. You are trying to shift the burden of proof. Many people have broken this law but the only cases that I could find are of pleas bargaining cases.

Once again you are doubling down on being wrong.

We Never Know

No Slack
Well then that does not apply in this case:

"Hunter Biden watched expressionless from the courtroom during her testimony. She told jurors that she found crack at her home and saw him using it. She was with him occasionally when he saw dealers. Prosecutor Leo Wise asked Hallie about her own 2018 trip to California, where she visited Hunter at the Roosevelt Hotel, and asked her whether she was also using drugs."

They had used drugs together. At this time she did not see him using drugs. Finding drug paraphernalia in his car is not necessarily a sign of addiction. You can often find that long after a person quit. At any rate, and this may not be allowed to be argued in a lower court by the defense, I think that the ultimate defeater of this case even if he is found guilty is the unconstitutional nature of the law. Other prosecutors seem to have known that because all that I have ever found it to be used in were plea bargaining cases.
I've seen people buy drugs but they didn't do them in front of me.

We Never Know

No Slack
No, I really do not. You are trying to shift the burden of proof. Many people have broken this law but the only cases that I could find are of pleas bargaining cases.

"but the only cases that I could find are of pleas bargaining cases"

Good. That's a start. Link them.

Fyi.... In 2019 there were 478 referrals for lying on the form 4473 and 298 cases filed(62%)
What did they lie about. I dont know.
Why weren't some charged. I dont know.

We Never Know

No Slack

I can even do one better.
I smoked cigarettes when I was 16.
My mom saw them in my pocket, saw them in my truck, etc.. But I never smoked in front of her until I was 23.

Why? Because I knew she didn't like me smoking. So in turn I chose not to smoke in front of her that way I wouldn't put her through the pain/stress of having to watch me smoke.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I've seen people buy drugs but they didn't do them in front of me.
Oh great, a so what argument.
"but the only cases that I could find are of pleas bargaining cases"

Good. That's a start. Link them.

Fyi.... In 2019 there were 478 referrals for lying on the form 4473 and 298 cases filed(62%)
What did they lie about. I dont know.
Why weren't some charged. I dont know.
Then you still need to do your homework. If they lied because they were felons, or because they were under orders from a domestic violence case then those do not count.
I can even do one better.
I smoked cigarettes when I was 16.
My mom saw them in my pocket, saw them in my truck, etc.. But I never smoked in front of her until I was 23.

Why? Because I knew she didn't like me smoking. So in turn I wouldn't put her through having to watch me smoke.
Oh my, the refutation when over your head.

We Never Know

No Slack

Then you still need to do your homework. If they lied because they were felons, or because they were under orders from a domestic violence case then those do not count.

Still waiting for you to support your claim of "the only cases that I could find are of pleas bargaining cases"

We Never Know

No Slack

I don't have to do any homework. My only claim is Hunter lied on a federal form about drugs when he was purchasing a gun.

The court will decide that.

We Never Know

No Slack
I will as soon as the first claim that needs to be supported is supported. Mine is a secondary claim. I asked for support of the primary claim first.
Blah blah blah.

You demand that others support their claim but you make excuses and/or don't feel the need to support yours when asked.

I am done with you again for a while.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't have to do any homework. My only claim is Hunter lied on a federal form about drugs when he was purchasing a gun.

The court will decide that.
May have lied. Probably did lie. But the ultimate question is that a legal law? I do not know if the defense can argue constitutionality. I am not sure if that is a legal defense.

And you have to know that I already supported my claim on other threads on this. I can do so, but I will not until those that are supporting the abuse of this law prove their claims.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Blah blah blah.

You demand that others support their claim but you make excuses and/or don't feel the need to support yours when asked.

I am done with you again for a while.
Oh my, it appears that you are just mad because you know that you are wrong. Once again, I have supported this on other threads on this topic. I will not support my claim until those that need to support their claims, you for one, do so first.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
:shrug: Meh - I don't have much of a problem with this.
Let's say the form for a federal job has a requirement that you belong to a certain religious sect and you have to attest to it. You are poor an d need the job so you lie and sign the form. Should they be able to prosecute you for that? For a federal job there can be no religious tests or qualifications so the questions itself is unconstitutional. I am willing to support the religious rights of the first amendment of others. This law appears to violation of the second amendment. The same applies to it.

We Never Know

No Slack
The Hunter Biden trial on federal gun charges is set to begin Monday.

This is a two question poll that will allow two choices.

The first -do you think he is guilty or not
The second -do you think he will be found guilty or not

Remember no one is/should be above the laws.
Its now in the hands of the jury.

We Never Know

No Slack

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member