• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Clizby Wampuscat

The election is already here and I think there are very few people that don't know who they are voting for. The discussions here are toxic nonsense and I just don't care anymore. I think Trump is going to win due to these poll stats:

Michigan
2016: Polls 4.2% Clinton, Result 0.3% Trump
2020: Polls 8.0% Biden, Result 2.8% Biden
2024: Polls 0.8% Harris, Predicted based on 2016 and 2020 3.7% Trump

Pennsylvania
2016: Polls 3.7% Clinton, Result 1.2% Trump
2020: Polls 4.7% Biden, Result 1.2% Biden
2024: Polls 0.8% Harris, Predicted based on 2016 and 2020 4.3% Trump

Wisconsin
2016: Polls 5.3% Clinton, Result 1.0% Trump
2020: Polls 8.3% Biden, Result 0.7% Biden
2024: Polls 0.6% Harris, Predicted based on 2016 and 2020 5.7% Trump

Georgia
2016: Polls 4.0% Trump, Result 5.7% Trump
2020: Polls 1.0% Biden, Result 0.2% Biden
2024: Polls 1.0% Trump, Predicted based on 2016 and 2020 2.7% Trump

Trump needs to win two of these to win the presidency. Harris needs to win three. Unless something drastic changes Trump will win in my opinion. We will see but calling each other terrible names is not how I want to proceed anymore. We will see who wins and deal with that reality then. Nothing I can do about it either way except vote.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It will be a close election, to be sure. A lot of people have some rather staunch views on the candidates and the issues surrounding this election. I've known people who get argumentative over politics all my life. I grew up with political arguments all around me. I guess I just got used to it over the years.

Arguing about politics seems a well-honored pastime in the American political culture. But a lot of people still don't like to talk about it, and that's cool.

Sometimes, it might get a bit too repetitive and silly. I said in another thread recently where it seems like American political discourse has been reduced to a childish game of "I know you are, but what am I?" I like political debate, but when it gets reduced to the level of tabloid journalism, it can come off a bit grating.

Clizby Wampuscat

It will be a close election, to be sure. A lot of people have some rather staunch views on the candidates and the issues surrounding this election. I've known people who get argumentative over politics all my life. I grew up with political arguments all around me. I guess I just got used to it over the years.

Arguing about politics seems a well-honored pastime in the American political culture. But a lot of people still don't like to talk about it, and that's cool.

Sometimes, it might get a bit too repetitive and silly. I said in another thread recently where it seems like American political discourse has been reduced to a childish game of "I know you are, but what am I?" I like political debate, but when it gets reduced to the level of tabloid journalism, it can come off a bit grating.
I agree. It is not like anyone posting on this site will change the election in any way.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The election is already here and I think there are very few people that don't know who they are voting for. The discussions here are toxic nonsense and I just don't care anymore. I think Trump is going to win due to these poll stats:

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Wisconsin

Georgia

Trump needs to win two of these to win the presidency. Harris needs to win three. Unless something drastic changes Trump will win in my opinion. We will see but calling each other terrible names is not how I want to proceed anymore. We will see who wins and deal with that reality then. Nothing I can do about it either way except vote.
I'm pretty much riding this thing in with pretty high expectations for a Trump win, given how badly botched Harris and Waltz did in the public eye with their incompetence to prove they can run a country properly.

So I do find a lot of these arguments redundant and pointless aside from the entertainment and the Dharma combat.

To be honest I'll be thrilled once this is all over in wake of a whole new slew of threads from the deranged ones like they did last time when Trump was President.

In other words, prepare for an endless stream of politically deranged ranting and raving to follow spanning another 4 years.

Clizby Wampuscat

I'm pretty much riding this thing in with pretty high expectations for a Trump win, given how badly botched Harris and Waltz did in the public eye with their incompetence to prove they can run a country properly.

So I do find a lot of these arguments redundant and pointless aside from the entertainment and the Dharma combat.

To be honest I'll be thrilled once this is all over in wake of a whole new slew of threads from the deranged ones like they did last time when Trump was President.

In other words, prepare for an endless stream of politically deranged ranting and raving to follow spanning another 4 years.
Yeah, they will complain about Trump while their lives will be better because of Trump.

I wonder what they will do if Trump wins. We might just see,

tytlyf

Not Religious
Trump will lose because of Republican terrible presidencies in the past and he has lower support today than in 2020.
The previous Republican president GWB gave us unnecessary wars and the second worst recession in American history.
The Trump presidency gave us sky-high unemployment, massive spending, high inflation and millions of American deaths.

It takes Democrats to clean up Republican messes and get the country back on the right track.
Obama cleaned up the Bush mess and gave us a strong booming economy that Trump inherited and destroyed.
Biden is cleaning up the Trump mess and is giving us a strong booming economy again.

If you want America to go to $hit, elect a Republican
It's obvious to people paying attention who will win in November. Democrats at all levels of government.
The American people are finished with Republicans.

Twilight Hue

Yeah, they will complain about Trump while their lives will be better because of Trump.

Same here but all the same I'm like you , I'll probably not participate as much as I used to unless something big is going on.

Of course if Trump wins, I'm going to eagerly watch how many people are going to threaten to move to Canada or another country. Lol.

Twilight Hue

Trump will lose because of Republican terrible presidencies in the past and he has lower support today than in 2020.
The previous Republican president GWB gave us unnecessary wars and the second worst recession in American history.
The Trump presidency gave us sky-high unemployment, massive spending, high inflation and millions of American deaths.

It takes Democrats to clean up Republican messes and get the country back on the right track.
Obama cleaned up the Bush mess and gave us a strong booming economy that Trump inherited and destroyed.
Biden is cleaning up the Trump mess and is giving us a strong booming economy again.

If you want America to go to $hit, elect a Republican
It's obvious to people paying attention who will win in November. Democrats at all levels of government.
The American people are finished with Republicans.
Yeah we know all the rhetoric the left says it's been said many times before yeah yeah yea.

But I also learned not to be too complacent. I'm confident, but not 100% sure. If Harris wins, you'll be sure that I'll have harris derangement syndrome with the hundreds of threads I'll be making equaling the hundreds of threads that are made on Trump at present.

You can't have all the fun, I'm going to have mine it's such as the case that is.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member

Thought you were done with these type of discussions? That would be the thing ever, that is also my last comment in such OP's.

Regards Tony

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
Everyone's confident about their respective sides. Imma just wait and see, but I do feel the left will be underestimated this time just like they were during the red wave

Twilight Hue

More money in the working man’s pocket. Safer borders. Lower prices in stores. Trump by a landslide.
I'm pretty sure of it but ill be honest in that I'll believe nothing until I see it.

But truth be told I'm pretty confident he'll go through with his promises and I'll be sure to mention it whenever I benefit.

Altfish

Veteran Member

Michigan

Pennsylvania

Wisconsin

Georgia

Do these poll companies not adjust their models to reflect previous results compared to their prediction.
If they don't ... they should do.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
More money in the working man’s pocket. Safer borders. Lower prices in stores. Trump by a landslide.

None of the polls suggest a landslide for either side. The unemployment has plummeted under Biden, and real wages have gone up. Inflation is largely in check now, but prices will not come down no matter who wins. Presidents don't really control inflation. Shortages do. If Trump goes through with his tariff threats, that will make prices soar even higher, because a lot of what we buy is imported. Hence, we'll see higher prices across the board and layoffs, as American imports get clobbered by a trade war. The more likely scenario with Trump will be a recession that could work itself into a depression, if there are trade wars like the ones that led up to the Great Depression.

The Great Depression Lesson About ‘Trade Wars’. In 1930, raising tariffs across the board hurt the U.S. economy.

President Donald Trump has tweeted that “trade wars are good and easy to win.” But many economists have disagreed that raising tariffs sharply can improve the economy. In particular, experts have pointed to the failure of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act, passed in June 1930, to protect U.S. industries from tariff increases.​
Although this came several months after the stock market crash of 1929, the U.S. hadn’t yet entered “the full onset of the Great Depression,” says Claude Barfield, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. The thinking among Congress and President Herbert Hoover was that by raising taxes on thousands of imports no matter what country they came from, the act would protect American farmers and secure the nation’s economy. But experts disagreed...​
See the rest of the article for more history on the subject.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
None of the polls suggest a landslide for either side. The unemployment has plummeted under Biden, and real wages have gone up. Inflation is largely in check now, but prices will not come down no matter who wins. Presidents don't really control inflation. Shortages do. If Trump goes through with his tariff threats, that will make prices soar even higher, because a lot of what we buy is imported. Hence, we'll see higher prices across the board and layoffs, as American imports get clobbered by a trade war. The more likely scenario with Trump will be a recession that could work itself into a depression, if there are trade wars like the ones that led up to the Great Depression.

The Great Depression Lesson About ‘Trade Wars’. In 1930, raising tariffs across the board hurt the U.S. economy.

President Donald Trump has tweeted that “trade wars are good and easy to win.” But many economists have disagreed that raising tariffs sharply can improve the economy. In particular, experts have pointed to the failure of the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act, passed in June 1930, to protect U.S. industries from tariff increases.​
Although this came several months after the stock market crash of 1929, the U.S. hadn’t yet entered “the full onset of the Great Depression,” says Claude Barfield, a resident scholar at the American Enterprise Institute. The thinking among Congress and President Herbert Hoover was that by raising taxes on thousands of imports no matter what country they came from, the act would protect American farmers and secure the nation’s economy. But experts disagreed...​
See the rest of the article for more history on the subject.
There’s a difference between inflation and price gouging.