• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Pogo

I think tariffs will prevent companies from going overseas and maybe bringing back a few companies from overseas.
What you think isn't the issue, the offshoring happened starting with Reagans presidency and trivial returns will not even compare to the cost increases due to tariffs. Without the immigrant population we don't even have enough workers for our own economy let alone slack to employ more.
Trump is selling you a fantasy.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I find it incomprehensible and concerning that such a disgraceful person like Trump can attract millions of votes and potentially become president. Given what he is, has said and has done, how can it be right he is even allowed to stand for office?
You and me both -- but I'm learning. It is a matter, sadly, of many, many Americans being sadly underinformed, largely because they have no interest in being better informed. I think a large part of this is that more and more people turn only to sources that confirm what they already believe, because having to reconsider is really, really hard.

And there's another thing: I think it is very likely that many Americans remember the Trump presidency in rosier terms today, 5-7 years later, than they actually experienced. The never-ending inane tweets, the revolving door for White House staffers and Cabinet picks, and the horror of 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic, in which a greater number of Americans, proportional to population, died than in any comparable country in the world!

It's a truism that when faced with the problems of today, the past always looks better, because we simply don't remember the bad nearly as clearly as we think. It's very hard to remember, after its gone, what the actual pain of gout or sciatica or a knee surgery felt like. But go back, listen to the newscasts and the various daily updates by governors, mayors and other officials all throughout 2020. You'll probably be surprised at how dire it felt at the time!

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump has two primary skill sets, hyperbole and projection. His pandemonium of parrot are clearly trying their best but it's a tough act to follow.
Not really Trump got results particularly on the border and I know for a fact that my paycheck had more money in it and prices while expensive were at least far cheaper than it is now.

Harris has had three and a half years , and so far nothing but squat and a disastrous border and a horrible economy.

Pogo

I think tariffs will prevent companies from going overseas and maybe bringing back a few companies from overseas.
What you think isn't the issue, the offshoring happened starting with Reagans presidency and trivial returns will not even compare to the cost increases due to tariffs. Without the immigrant population we don't even have enough workers for our own economy let alone slack to employ more.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I very much doubt that.

Pogo

The companies aren't going anywhere, but the things they sell like the spoons and plates and games and microwaves aren't coming back, we don't make any of those things you buy everyday and we won't because it hasn't been profitable to make them here for years.
The only thing that will happen is that the stuff that we buy from China and the rest of the second+ world will cost us more. We don't buy Chinese cars, but many parts that go into American cars that we don't make come from overseas and have for years. The tariffs will end up making US cars cost more without providing any American jobs.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There’s a difference between inflation and price gouging.
Where was there price gouging? There may have been some, but most of what you see is inflation from the pandemic. It am amazed at people who cannot realize that Biden does not control worldwide inflation. Here is a clue, if the inflation is worldwide then you cannot blame just one political party. And it is even worse than that. If the inflation occurs early in a President's term, and the inflation that hit us was early in Biden's term, then if any President was the cause it would have been caused by the previous President. The US economy does not change rapidly.

We Never Know

No Slack
The election is already here and I think there are very few people that don't know who they are voting for. The discussions here are toxic nonsense and I just don't care anymore.
Exactly why I stopped participating in those threads. Too much BS, hate, etc.
And no matter what you say, 'what about Trump' is the answer given.

-Look a bird. What about Trump?
-Its storming. What about Trump?
-Bob farted. What about Trump?
Etc.

It gets old lol

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Are you kidding me,? Harris is a total basket case for a president. I can't even imagine her standing up to countries like Russia and Iran among other hostile countries much less doing anything about our own domestic problems.

Trump is clearly a doer, Harris is obviously a hider who simply won't do jack **** about anything because she can't handle the job.
Ok you don't like Harris. You like Trump because he is a "doer." What about all the negatives? eg he's a multiple felon. Why are you still such a supporter of such a person?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As to the OP's use of past polls he should know that polls are always shifting in how they are measured. And recently when abortion was the issue they have been shown to be incredibly wrong. For example, in 2022 the state of Kansas had an already scheduled vote on a referendum about keeping abortion a protected right in the state constitution. This was only a month or two after the USSC overturned Roe v Wade. Going into the election it looked very very bad for the abortion rights side with polls showing that removing that right was supported by 47% to 43% with 10% undecided. The election was a shocker because it was more than totally flipped with 59.16% voting to retain abortion rights and 40.84% voting against abortion rights.

Ohio's initiative passed with similar numbers, but the pollsters were not caught with their pants down that time. It was not the shock that Kansas's was. Still, that was for a single issue. A lot of women and quite a few men are likely to be swayed by this one single issue more than any other in the campaign. Part of that is more and more people are seeing that the MAGA claims about the economy are backwards. The economy has done very well under Biden and it was headed for trouble before the pandemic under Trump. I am fairly certain that if anything the errors in polling will be switched from 2016.