• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If Trump wins, I am moving to Canada! I'm Canadian, so it's a short drive, but still.

Would Canada be safe?

b78e3942-e542-4bb5-91c7-ea03805e2037_text.gif

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Same here but all the same I'm like you , I'll probably not participate as much as I used to unless something big is going on.

Of course if Trump wins, I'm going to eagerly watch how many people are going to threaten to move to Canada or another country. Lol.
Pregnant women with high risk pregnancies just might have to--at least during their pregnancy.

F1fan

Veteran Member
It's apparent that all the forum MAGAs are done with Trump discussions. They still make comments, but they can't defend his lack of character, his mental decline, his anti-social and anti-democratic rhetoric, the two agendas that are available for anyone to read, his criminal behavior, nor anything else that is negative about Trump.

By all standards Harris is vasty superior. She's coherent, part of the justice system, is enthusiastic about America, wants to carry on with the economic approach that has seen the stock market hit new record highs, employment consistently high, growth continuing to rise despite the massive global inflation that has impacted everyone, inflation in the USA has stabilized, and is pro-worker.

I haven't seen any of the Trump supporters succeed in arguing for why he's better in any way. The majority of economists believe that Trump's economic ideas will lead to a higher deficit and inflation than Harris' ideas. They also predict lower employment and higher interest rates under Trump than Harris.

This is the WSJ. How are ordinary Trump supporters going to argue for him with this sort of expert analysis? No wonder you're done with discussions. What else can you do but avoid the questions? This is just like Trump avoiding 60 Minutes, he can't defend himself either. Even his interviews on FOX are not going great.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Trump has made the punishing of companies who outsource production to other countries part of his campaign Apparently its different when he outsources.
I've just recently become acquainted with what is called Wilhoit's Law, which is essentially the idea Trump especially has that the same laws should shield but not limit him while they limit but don't shield others. I think the word conservatism in the "law" should be changed to MAGA conservativism:

"I think one of the tidiest encapsulations of Republican hypocrisy comes from one of the internet’s many laws. This one is called “Wilhoit’s Law,” and it goes like this: “Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

From this dry proposition comes such MAGA contradictions as Donald Trump’s outrage at the very idea that he, a former president of the United States, has been and is being prosecuted for crimes he actually committed, while vowing to prosecute everyone who ever said an unkind word about him — including Joe Biden — once he returns to power. Without a shred of evidence (or irony) Trump is once again accusing Democrats of election interference while he blatantly interferes with elections, to wit January 6, to wit his fake electors, to wit his demand that Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensburger “find” 11,780 votes.
" (source)
As to the OP's use of past polls he should know that polls are always shifting in how they are measured. And recently when abortion was the issue they have been shown to be incredibly wrong. For example, in 2022 the state of Kansas had an already scheduled vote on a referendum about keeping abortion a protected right in the state constitution. This was only a month or two after the USSC overturned Roe v Wade. Going into the election it looked very very bad for the abortion rights side with polls showing that removing that right was supported by 47% to 43% with 10% undecided. The election was a shocker because it was more than totally flipped with 59.16% voting to retain abortion rights and 40.84% voting against abortion rights.
You are correct. Virtually every time reproductive rights have appeared on a ballot since Dobbs, there has been an unpredicted blue wave missed by the polling. Kansas was a notable example of that.

"There is big news on the 2024 election — big news indeed. This big news pertains to female voters under 30. The subject of abortion has now whizzed past inflation and is THE top campaign issue for this group. A new survey has come out. This survey done by KFF saw results that said two in five young female voters listed abortion as their TOP issue. Abortion previously had ranked as the third most important issue, so this is big news. Kamala has been relentless in the ads she’s been running. Many of them tell stories about what has happened and what will continue to happen to women in a Republican-run America. It is working. This group, KFF, is a health policy polling and news outlet that conducted this survey of young females from September 12 to October 1." (source)
If Trump wins, I am moving to Canada! I'm Canadian, so it's a short drive, but still.
A Trump victory should drive our property values in our part of Mexico up as Americans begin looking for other places to live. This area is inexpensive and has great climate, so we also serve as a climate haven for people looking to escape extreme weather, which is getting harder to do in the States and presume everywhere else in the world at a similar latitude above or below the equator. Canada and northern and coastal Mexico see some extreme weather, but not like what the States are seeing.

But even if our home doubles or triples in value, that means little to us, as we have no intent of selling it ever and don't really care what size estate we leave behind, since we don't have heirs. It'll probably mostly go to local animal charities.
Of course if Trump wins, I'm going to eagerly watch how many people are going to threaten to move to Canada or another country.
It's a fantasy of mine that if Trump wins, the people who knew better all leave the States and take their wealth with them to invest and spend in foreign economies, while the MAGAs that voted for him become trapped in America, need papers to get around, lose their Social Security, their Medicare, their Obamacare, and FEMA funding while having their taxes raised to support the tax reductions for billionaires, lose the rest of their reproductive freedoms, get Project 2025'ed, have their cost of living jump up due to tariff surcharges on their purchases and then once again as immigrant labor disappears and the price of produce rises, and have any of their loved ones who are immigrants deported (Trump's wife and Vance's in-laws excepted, of course).

Since you live in NY, you will be discriminated against disproportionately. When you suffer a blizzard (or hurricanes now), he will let you languish because it's a blue state.

You probably think that you wouldn't deserve that, but if so, can you explain why? Your liberal neighbors who knew better wouldn't, but what about people like you that welcomed all of that?

The fantasy includes seeing their faces when they realize what they've done to themselves followed by regret.

I understand the logistical problems of that fantasy, and that many good people would be hurt by a second Trump presidency, but it's a fantasy.

Mean-spirited of me? I won't deny that. It's how I feel, and very strongly. It's just. If you do that to your neighbors and your country, you deserve misery yourself. If you vote for somebody that you hope will beat up on and own the libs, let it be a self-own.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It's apparent that all the forum MAGAs are done with Trump discussions. They still make comments, but they can't defend his lack of character, his mental decline, his anti-social and anti-democratic rhetoric, the two agendas that are available for anyone to read, his criminal behavior, nor anything else that is negative about Trump.

By all standards Harris is vasty superior. She's coherent, part of the justice system, is enthusiastic about America, wants to carry on with the economic approach that has seen the stock market hit new record highs, employment consistently high, growth continuing to rise despite the massive global inflation that has impacted everyone, inflation in the USA has stabilized, and is pro-worker.

I haven't seen any of the Trump supporters succeed in arguing for why he's better in any way. The majority of economists believe that Trump's economic ideas will lead to a higher deficit and inflation than Harris' ideas. They also predict lower employment and higher interest rates under Trump than Harris.

This is the WSJ. How are ordinary Trump supporters going to argue for him with this sort of expert analysis? No wonder you're done with discussions. What else can you do but avoid the questions? This is just like Trump avoiding 60 Minutes, he can't defend himself either. Even his interviews on FOX are not going great.

At this point, I see Harris as the lesser of two evils. But running against Trump, that's not really saying much. I came across a similar article where economists assailed Trump's economic plan, but were still not too thrilled with Harris' plan either. The office of President doesn't have that much direct control over the economy anyway, and another factor in all of this is how the Congressional elections turn out.

The polls still seem neck and neck. It's hard to predict who will win, but it will be close.

Regardless of who wins, I'm not sure how it will bode for America. The way things are looking, we can either go out with a bang or a whimper.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
When a country is pulling itself apart in to equal and opposite directions.
There is little chance that it can grow or progress at all,

Two party politics is something no country can afford.

Only during periods of cooperation can progress be made.

However never before have we seen a convicted criminal as a possible winner.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
When a country is pulling itself apart in to equal and opposite directions.
There is little chance that it can grow or progress at all,

Two party politics is something no country can afford.

Only during periods of cooperation can progress be made.

However never before have we seen a convicted criminal as a possible winner.

It is kind of strange, isn't it? The two-party system worked, more or less, through most of America's history. But it has had its drawbacks and weaknesses, some of which may be manifesting themselves in recent years.

It does appear that the country is pulling itself apart, in multiple directions. It's hard to gauge where things are going at this point or what it will look like 5 to 10 years from now.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
Listen! Just bloody LISTEN to Trump's rhetoric -- on Fox:

"I think the bigger problem are the people from within. We've got very bad people and sick people, radical left and lunatics. It should be easily handled, if necessary by national guard, or if really necessary the military. They can't let that happen. We have two enemies. The outside enemy and the enemy from within. The enemy from within is more dangerous than China, Russia and these countries."

Look into your heart -- do you really believe that your neighbors, the people you work with, your kids' friends, the nurses and doctors who treat you, the shopkeepers you see daily, the teachers who prepare your heirs to face the life ahead -- do you really believe, as Trump says, that they are the real danger you have to face? That these are the people you should be siccing your bloody military on?!?

Because that's what he's telling you! He is trying to make you frightened of absolutely everything, while pretending that your only hope of safety is the amazing Donald Trump!! This is the very perfect example of a demagogue trying to divide you so that he can conquer you!

Are you really going to bloody let him? Really?
Well written post. I’d like to see more responses from the Trump side. Maybe thread worthy?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's just a pile of malarkey. If it was the previous president it was probably for the first year, but it's been three and a half now.
Don't you pay any attention to economics? Inflation is back under control. Biden did get it under control. Prices do not go back down. That is deflation and that occurs only under very bad economies. So once again we know the cause of the latest round of inflation. It was not Biden's doing. We know that it is back under control and that was Biden's doing.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Staff member
Premium Member
It is kind of strange, isn't it? The two-party system worked, more or less, through most of America's history. But it has had its drawbacks and weaknesses, some of which may be manifesting themselves in recent years.

It does appear that the country is pulling itself apart, in multiple directions. It's hard to gauge where things are going at this point or what it will look like 5 to 10 years from now.
I expect, if nothing is done about both sides treating politics like a corporate war and that puddling down through the media, a lot more violence like BLM riots or January 6th, and eventually something big will happen like elastic snapping when pulling too much.

F1fan

Veteran Member
At this point, I see Harris as the lesser of two evils.
That could be true if you consider setting mouse traps that have killed mice as evil acts. I’m sure Harris has reached that level of evil but no further. In contrast to Trump, well she isn’t evil in any sense.

I read this statement and wonder if Harris is evil what mortal on earth wouldn’t be. Maybe the Dalai Lama?

But running against Trump, that's not really saying much. I came across a similar article where economists assailed Trump's economic plan, but were still not too thrilled with Harris' plan either. The office of President doesn't have that much direct control over the economy anyway, and another factor in all of this is how the Congressional elections turn out.
Harris is going farther into helping the middle class than Biden did. I see her plan as s next step to help bolster the young middle class access to what used to be the norm from the 1950’s until the housing crisis of 2009. Everything is more expensive than ever. To get a foothold into home ownership is harder.

And she won’t renew the Trump taxcuts which will help raise revenue for FEMA and other programs to help the middle class and poor.

The polls still seem neck and neck. It's hard to predict who will win, but it will be close.

Regardless of who wins, I'm not sure how it will bode for America. The way things are looking, we can either go out with a bang or a whimper.
The last four years have been very good despite the global inflation crisis that was caused by the pandemic. That is no longer an issue. Interest rates are coming down. Employment is exceptional and wages going up. Harris’ plans continue with what Biden started, and im sure she will have many of the same cabinet members. So seamless transition of power.

The only negative thing about the future is if Trump wins because the two agendas aim to harm many people and social stability. The economic plans are heavily flawed. If he wins I think there will be a year of fairly decent economic status, but by 2026 the negative impact will come.

F1fan

Veteran Member
At this point, I see Harris as the lesser of two evils.
That could be true if you consider setting mouse traps that have killed mice as evil acts. I’m sure Harris has reached that level of evil but no further. In contrast to Trump, well she isn’t evil in any sense.

I read this statement and wonder if Harris is evil what mortal on earth wouldn’t be. Maybe the Dalai Lama?

But running against Trump, that's not really saying much. I came across a similar article where economists assailed Trump's economic plan, but were still not too thrilled with Harris' plan either. The office of President doesn't have that much direct control over the economy anyway, and another factor in all of this is how the Congressional elections turn out.
Harris is going farther into helping the middle class than Biden did. I see her plan as s next step to help bolster the young middle class access to what used to be the norm from the 1950’s until the housing crisis of 2009. Everything is more expensive than ever. To get a foothold into home ownership is harder.

And she won’t renew the Trump taxcuts which will help raise revenue for FEMA and other programs to help the middle class and poor.

The last four years have been very good despite the global inflation crisis that was caused by the pandemic. That is no longer an issue. Interest rates are coming down. Employment is exceptional and wages going up. Harris’ plans continue with what Biden started, and im sure she will have many of the same cabinet members. So seamless transition of power.

The only negative thing about the future is if Trump wins because the two agendas aim to harm many people and social stability. The economic plans are heavily flawed. If he wins I think there will be a year of fairly decent economic status, but by 2026 the negative impact will come.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Don't you pay any attention to economics? Inflation is back under control. Biden did get it under control. Prices do not go back down. That is deflation and that occurs only under very bad economies. So once again we know the cause of the latest round of inflation. It was not Biden's doing. We know that it is back under control and that was Biden's doing.
No it is not back under control prices are Sky High and they're still Rising and that b******* isn't working anymore until people see prices go down again.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No it is not back under control prices are Sky High and they're still Rising and that b******* isn't working anymore until people see prices go down again.
You need to work on your reading skills. I already told you that prices would not go back down. Inflation is essentially a one way street. You seriously do not want deflation. The current rate of inflation is only 2.4% That is very close to what is thought to be the ideal of roughly 2% a year. When you demonstrate that you have no understanding of economics at all you make your comments worthless reaction.

Forbes is far from being a right wing source and in this article they go over why deflation is not a good thing:

So like it or not Biden has brought inflation under control. It is almost impossible to go backwards in prices and it is a bad thing when we do so. This is why most experts in economics oppose Trump.

Clizby Wampuscat

You need to work on your reading skills. I already told you that prices would not go back down. Inflation is essentially a one way street. You seriously do not want deflation. The current rate of inflation is only 2.4% That is very close to what is thought to be the ideal of roughly 2% a year. When you demonstrate that you have no understanding of economics at all you make your comments worthless reaction.

Forbes is far from being a right wing source and in this article they go over why deflation is not a good thing:

So like it or not Biden has brought inflation under control. It is almost impossible to go backwards in prices and it is a bad thing when we do so. This is why most experts in economics oppose Trump.
Prices going down on some goods is not the same as deflation. Reducing energy costs enough to cause prices to go down on many goods can reduce the inflation rate (2.5%) but still have an overall inflation rate (1.0%). If energy dropped too much then deflation would happen. Just saying prices going down is bad is not necessarily true.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Prices going down on some goods is not the same as deflation. Reducing energy costs enough to cause prices to go down on many goods can reduce the inflation rate (2.5%) but still have an overall inflation rate (1.0%). If energy dropped too much then deflation would happen. Just saying prices going down is bad is not necessarily true.
By definition it is. And I know that you hate the environment, but oil is already grossly underpriced. Something that people in Florida and neighboring states are beginning to realize.

Clizby Wampuscat

By definition it is. And I know that you hate the environment, but oil is already grossly underpriced. Something that people in Florida and neighboring states are beginning to realize.
No, negative inflation rate is deflation. Where prices come down on all goods. What I described was de inflation where some good prices come down but there is an overall positive inflation rate.

And yes I hate the environment. :rolleyes:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

No inflation is out of control and as far as I'm concerned inflation is where you go to the store and pay the prices on the shelf. I could care less what government inflation is, I know what mine is.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No inflation is out of control and as far as I'm concerned inflation is where you go to the store and pay the prices on the shelf. I could care less what government inflation is, I know what mine is.
You have been shown to be wrong. You do not get to define what inflation is either. Right now you are just telling the world that you do not understand economics at all.

By the way, Trump has proposed raising the price of almost every electronic device, and a huge percentage of countless household goods. He wants to put a 10% tariff on everything imported. And he is a liar or an idiot and probably both when he claims that the country that produces those goods will pay the tariff. Those tariffs are paid by the company that imports those goods and they pass that tax on to the consumer. If you think that inflation was bad under Biden, just wait until those tariffs are added to the prices of what we buy.