• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Who ever wins, there are going to be an almost equal number of very unhappy people.

It is between the first black woman
And the first white criminal
To be elected as president.
That is certain.

It depends on how one defines the "first white criminal." Most of the past U.S. Presidents have been white, and some of them were probably criminals. Certainly, Nixon was one.

And many Presidents in the 19th century were slaveowners and aggressive expansionists, so that might be regarded as "criminal," even if it wasn't technically against the law back then.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ok you don't like Harris. You like Trump because he is a "doer." What about all the negatives? eg he's a multiple felon. Why are you still such a supporter of such a person?
That depends on his appeals and most don't care about his private life. What people want is his policymaking and Trump already has an effective positive record from his first term.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Listen! Just bloody LISTEN to Trump's rhetoric -- on Fox:

"I think the bigger problem are the people from within. We've got very bad people and sick people, radical left and lunatics. It should be easily handled, if necessary by national guard, or if really necessary the military. They can't let that happen. We have two enemies. The outside enemy and the enemy from within. The enemy from within is more dangerous than China, Russia and these countries."

Look into your heart -- do you really believe that your neighbors, the people you work with, your kids' friends, the nurses and doctors who treat you, the shopkeepers you see daily, the teachers who prepare your heirs to face the life ahead -- do you really believe, as Trump says, that they are the real danger you have to face? That these are the people you should be siccing your bloody military on?!?

Because that's what he's telling you! He is trying to make you frightened of absolutely everything, while pretending that your only hope of safety is the amazing Donald Trump!! This is the very perfect example of a demagogue trying to divide you so that he can conquer you!

Are you really going to bloody let him? Really?

Secret Chief

Degrow!
Found this and thought it was interesting. Trump's popularity analysed from a psychological viewpoint.

TLDR:

"When we put it all together, these figures tell us something important about leadership in general and about the 2016 leadership contest. They underline the point that leadership is never about the character of individuals as individuals. This is the “old psychology of leadership” that our own theoretical and empirical analysis has called into question. Instead leadership is about individuals as group members—whose success hinges on their capacity to create, represent, advance and embed a shared sense of “us.”

Reflecting on the implications of this analysis for the specifics of this election, we can see that many Trump voters knew full well that their man was a reprobate, that they deplored his crudities and that they saw him as a risky choice. And yet in a world where the system is seen to be against “us” and where things appear to be driven in the wrong direction by “them,” the really irrational thing to do is to vote for the conventional candidate who represents sticking with that system."

- Trump's Appeal: What Psychology Tells Us

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Buckle up? I may, metaphorically speaking, but I'm not sure how successful my security efforts will be longer term or short.

(R)

Alien826

No religious beliefs
This is how I see it. Imagine a ship, sailing around the ocean. There are two sets of officers that periodically take and lose power, and when they do the ship starts moving in a different direction. Until lately that mattered somewhat, but in general the life on the ship went on pretty much the same. Now, there is a group of people busily drilling holes in the hull of the ship, and one group of officers, rather than slapping them in the brig, is actively supporting them.

I'm frightened, because I'm a passenger on the ship and I don't think the pumps will work well enough to keep the ship afloat.

Pogo

This is how I see it. Imagine a ship, sailing around the ocean. There are two sets of officers that periodically take and lose power, and when they do the ship starts moving in a different direction. Until lately that mattered somewhat, but in general the life on the ship went on pretty much the same. Now, there is a group of people busily drilling holes in the hull of the ship, and one group of officers, rather than slapping them in the brig, is actively supporting them.

I'm frightened, because I'm a passenger on the ship and I don't think the pumps will work well enough to keep the ship afloat.
What's the problem, if we lighten the ship it will go faster.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
What you think isn't the issue, the offshoring happened starting with Reagans presidency and trivial returns will not even compare to the cost increases due to tariffs. Without the immigrant population we don't even have enough workers for our own economy let alone slack to employ more.
Trump is selling you a fantasy.
The fact is that there are not enough well educated SKILLED workers to go around.
It would take many years to reverse this situation, but who would pay for it, or set it up.
Top skilled educated stem Chines are returning home in droves.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
If America wants to keep its position at the top a little longer and maintain its hegemony. Then neither candidate has anything to offer, though Harris would give a softer landing.
Tariffs and bans as per Trump and Biden, if continued, will ensure the USA's demise. As they are boosting China And BRICS rise.
The USA's middle eastern policies and unconditional support of Israel are further damaging American prospects and reputation.
Neither candidate has offered any sort of solution to these problems.

Unfortunately foreign policy comes way down the list of American voters priorities. Even though they are the foundation of their wealth.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Listen! Just bloody LISTEN to Trump's rhetoric -- on Fox:

"I think the bigger problem are the people from within. We've got very bad people and sick people, radical left and lunatics. It should be easily handled, if necessary by national guard, or if really necessary the military. They can't let that happen. We have two enemies. The outside enemy and the enemy from within. The enemy from within is more dangerous than China, Russia and these countries."

Look into your heart -- do you really believe that your neighbors, the people you work with, your kids' friends, the nurses and doctors who treat you, the shopkeepers you see daily, the teachers who prepare your heirs to face the life ahead -- do you really believe, as Trump says, that they are the real danger you have to face? That these are the people you should be siccing your bloody military on?!?

Because that's what he's telling you! He is trying to make you frightened of absolutely everything, while pretending that your only hope of safety is the amazing Donald Trump!! This is the very perfect example of a demagogue trying to divide you so that he can conquer you!

Are you really going to bloody let him? Really?
Eeek! I just confirmed this from the right leaning The Hill

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
.....If the inflation occurs early in a President's term, and the inflation that hit us was early in Biden's term, then if any President was the cause it would have been caused by the previous President. The US economy does not change rapidly.

That's just a pile of malarkey. If it was the previous president it was probably for the first year, but it's been three and a half now.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Exactly why I stopped participating in those threads. Too much BS, hate, etc.
And no matter what you say, 'what about Trump' is the answer given.

-Look a bird. What about Trump?
-Its storming. What about Trump?
-Bob farted. What about Trump?
Etc.

It gets old lol

I'm not sure if you get the show Letterkenny down there, but there's an episode where they find out that a guy in town once had sex with an ostrich (allegedy). Once this comes out, it's the most relevant thing about him in any conversation.

Supporting treason is kinda like that. It's always going to be relevant... partly for its noteworthiness on its own, but also because it establishes how low the bar is for what you'll accept ("you'll **** an ostrich but you won't do _____?").

And that's for someone who supported treason once. Trump supporters now are like guys who not only ****ed an ostrich a while back but are now vocal about their plans to **** an ostrich again soon. It's going to be the topic of conversation.

Wirey

Fartist
Same here but all the same I'm like you , I'll probably not participate as much as I used to unless something big is going on.

Of course if Trump wins, I'm going to eagerly watch how many people are going to threaten to move to Canada or another country. Lol.
If Trump wins, I am moving to Canada! I'm Canadian, so it's a short drive, but still.