• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultranationalist political ideology and movement characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation or race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

Authoritarian: This is the idea that our country should be governed by a strong leader who doesn’t have to bother with Congress the restrictions of the constitution or elections. We can all see Trump in these words. Trumps attempts to subvert the constitution and the election of 2020, his attempts to force Mike Pence to commit treason and his continued denial of the reality that he lost the election says all this pretty loudly.

They are more likely to support limiting the freedom of the press and agree that the media is the enemy of the people rather than a valuable independent institution. Fake news anyone?

They are also more likely to think the president should have the power to limit the voice and vote of opposition parties, while believing that those who disagree with them are a threat to our country.

Authoritarians fear diversity. They are more likely to agree that increasing racial, religious and ethnic diversity is a clear and present threat to the nation and society. They are more fearful of people of other races, religions and orientations.

Trump has sent paramilitary forces from the Department of Homeland Security to quell nonviolent protests, looked the other way when a foreign power interferes in American elections, celebrated the wounding of a journalist by police as “a beautiful sight,” and spent an election year casting doubt on the very basis of our democracy, the electoral system, rather than working to protect it—all without eroding his main base of support.
There are no paramilitary forces in the Department of Homeland Security. That's quite an imagination. They do have their own officers though riding around in Department of Homeland Security vehicles.

Trump also has not sent any of these imaginary paramilitary forces to quell any protests that I'm aware of. Maybe you could enlighten everybody about it.

Pogo

There are no paramilitary forces in the Department of Homeland Security. That's quite an imagination. They do have their own officers though riding around in Department of Homeland Security vehicles.

Trump also has not sent any of these imaginary paramilitary forces to quell any protests that I'm aware of. Maybe you could enlighten everybody about it.
That may have been an example of Donaldian hyperbole,
You haven't been paying attention again, Donald wants to send in the regular military.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist

That may have been an example of Donaldian hyperbole,
You haven't been paying attention again, Donald wants to send in the regular military.

Trump himself regularly accuses the US government of being a "fascist state" when not controlled by him. Mussolini had his blackshirts (squadristi), and Hitler had his brownshirts (Braunhemden). Republicans do not have a paramilitary organization in the same sense that Mussolini's fascists and Hitler's Nazis did. However, Trump is openly backed by a number of paramilitary "militia" groups. See:

The Far-Right Militias Supporting Trump

Trump does frequently talk about using US government troops domestically to put down his political opponents, which he calls the "enemy inside" now. Roger Stone, Trump's longtime friend and personal confidant, is an honorary member of the "Proud Boys" and a liaison with other paramilitary groups. An Oath Keeper member of Stone's security detail before Jan. 6, Roberta Minuta, was convicted and sentenced to 4 years of prison for seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6, an event that Trump organized and led.

Mussolini, who founded Italian fascism, rose to power by leading a march on Rome in 1922, demanding to be appointed Prime Minister by the King of Italy. He was ultimately granted that power and then proceeded to dismantle Italy's democracy. Donald Trump led an unsuccessful attempt to stop certification of his election loss in 2020, hoping to throw the election to the House, which would appoint him to the presidency because of the Republican majority of state delegations in that chamber. He is back now and vowing revenge against his political enemies. Anyone who doesn't take him seriously is willfully blind.

Last edited:

Argentbear

Twilight Hue

Trump himself regularly accuses the US government of being a "fascist state" when not controlled by him. Mussolini had his blackshirts (squadristi), and Hitler had his brownshirts (Braunhemden). Republicans do not have a paramilitary organization in the same sense that Mussolini's fascists and Hitler's Nazis did. However, Trump is openly backed by a number of paramilitary "militia" groups. See:

The Far-Right Militias Supporting Trump

Trump does frequently talk about using US government troops domestically to put down what his political opponents, which he calls the "enemy inside" now. Roger Stone, Trump's longtime friend and personal confidant, is an honorary member of the "Proud Boys" and a liaison with other paramilitary groups. An Oath Keeper member of Stone's security detail before Jan. 6, Roberta Minuta, was convicted and sentenced to 4 years of prison for seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6, an event that Trump organized and led.

Mussolini, who founded Italian fascism, rose to power by leading a march on Rome in 1922, demanding to be appointed Prime Minister by the King of Italy. He was ultimately granted that power and then proceeded to dismantle Italy's democracy. Donald Trump led an unsuccessful attempt to stop certification of his election loss in 2020, hoping to throw the election to the House, which would appoint him to the presidency because of the Republican majority of state delegations in that chamber. He is back now and vowing revenge against his political enemies. Anyone who doesn't take him seriously is willfully blind.
Where does this crap come from?

I looked for Homeland Security specifically and I can't find any mention of Homeland Security at all.

Just the usual left wing alarmist rhetoric that people have come to expect.

Twilight Hue

I'm sure Homeland Security dosent refer to their special weapons and tactics personal as paramilitary. Obviously the author of the article did.

Where on the Homeland Security website does it refer to the alleged paramilitary units?

Here's what Homeland Security lists in regards to their SWAT units....

The Standardization of Specialization: Regional Task Force SWAT Team Response to Critical Incidents - Homeland Security Affairs

Argentbear

I'm sure Homeland Security dosent refer to their special weapons and tactics personal as paramilitary. Obviously the author of the article did.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Customs and Border Protection arm confirmed on Tuesday it has deployed officers from three paramilitary-style units to join a federal crackdown on protests against police violence in Portland, Oregon.
"We have agents and officers from our special operations groups deployed,"

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic Bully ☿
Premium Member
Where does this crap come from?

I looked for Homeland Security specifically and I can't find any mention of Homeland Security at all.

Just the usual left wing alarmist rhetoric that people have come to expect.
They were at the federal buildings during the police brutality protests.

crossfire

Premium Member
"They" meaning Homeland Security here? Or something else?
From The Hill:
Description of tactical teams from the Government Accountability Office:
Description of the tactical teams from local news:
They were also in Seattle for about a week, but the Governor, the Mayor, and both Senators told them to keep to the federal building areas or get the hell out of Dodge. They got the hell out of Dodge after they tear-gassed some non-protesters just walking passed the building and were dressed down for it.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

From The Hill:
Description of tactical teams from the Government Accountability Office:
Description of the tactical teams from local news:

Okay thanks for that. So it wasn't any 'paramilitary' group, it was just regular law enforcements SWAT teams. It's about what I thought it was.

crossfire

Premium Member
They had unmarked cars way back into the '70s they've been around for a quite a long time.

Now you got me interested when the unmarked cars began in US history.
The problem with the unmarked vans and officers is that Portland also had the Proud Boys and their ilk running around there as well, and you couldn't distinguish them from the feds.

Twilight Hue

The problem with the unmarked vans and officers is that Portland also had the Proud Boys and their ilk running around there as well, and you couldn't distinguish them from the feds.
This reminds me of the famous Michigan Militia when it was established.