• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am done with Trump discussions

Pogo

Prices going down on some goods is not the same as deflation. Reducing energy costs enough to cause prices to go down on many goods can reduce the inflation rate (2.5%) but still have an overall inflation rate (1.0%). If energy dropped too much then deflation would happen. Just saying prices going down is bad is not necessarily true.
Actually without the US doing anything crude oil has just dropped 4%, not because anybody is producing more, but because China's inflation rate has dropped to ~1% which means their economy is contracting and they will not be purchasing as much. This may sound good and for us it is to a degree, but the same thing can happen to us at which point we will be in a recession. There is more to economics in the modern world than your junior high understanding.
As for energy prices, that is a global market and our producing more will only reduce the profits of our producers which their stockholders will not tolerate so Trump is full of it unless he wants to go full commie and nationalize the industry.

Clizby Wampuscat

Actually without the US doing anything crude oil has just dropped 4%, not because anybody is producing more, but because China's inflation rate has dropped to ~1% which means their economy is contracting and they will not be purchasing as much. This may sound good and for us it is to a degree, but the same thing can happen to us at which point we will be in a recession. There is more to economics in the modern world than your junior high understanding.
As for energy prices, that is a global market and our producing more will only reduce the profits of our producers which their stockholders will not tolerate so Trump is full of it unless he wants to go full commie and nationalize the industry.
Why the insults? Again you guys cannot have a civil conversation about anything. Again it is a sickness. Have a great evening!

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Why the insults? Again you guys cannot have a civil conversation about anything. Again it is a sickness. Have a great evening!
Oh, dear, you don't like insults! Neither do I, by the way. Just a moment ago, I heard Trump refer to California Governor Gavin Newsom as, "Newscum" (or that's what I heard). The interviewer corrected him and Trump repeated -- "no, I call him 'New Scum.'"

And of course referring to Harris as "brain-dead" and "mentally defective" and "she'll destroy the country" without ever once giving a single example of how she would do that. By the way, I could comb through just 2 days worth of speeches and find literally hundreds of such insults by Trump.

You sure you don't like insults?

Last edited:

Clizby Wampuscat

Oh, dear, you don't like insults! Neither do I, by the way. Just a moment again, I heard Trump refer to California Governor Gavin Newsom as, "Newscum" (or that's what I heard). The interviewer corrected him and Trump repeated -- "no, I call him 'New Scum.'"

And of course referring to Harris as "brain-dead" and "mentally defective" and "she'll destroy the country" without ever once giving a single example of how she would do that. By the way, I could comb through just 2 days worth of speeches and find literally hundreds of such insults by Trump.

You sure you don't like insults?
That is not what I said. I NEVER SAID I DISLIKED INSULTS. I said the left cannot have a conversation about anything without using insults. And both sides use insults all day long. Unfortunately that is part of the political process.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That is not what I said. I NEVER SAID I DISLIKED INSULTS. I said the left cannot have a conversation about anything without using insults. And both sides use insults all day long. Unfortunately that is part of the political process.
Context matters. Was he insulting or was he correcting? When a person repeatedly makes the same errors corrections can get more than a bit sharp.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You have been shown to be wrong. You do not get to define what inflation is either. Right now you are just telling the world that you do not understand economics at all.

By the way, Trump has proposed raising the price of almost every electronic device, and a huge percentage of countless household goods. He wants to put a 10% tariff on everything imported. And he is a liar or an idiot and probably both when he claims that the country that produces those goods will pay the tariff. Those tariffs are paid by the company that imports those goods and they pass that tax on to the consumer. If you think that inflation was bad under Biden, just wait until those tariffs are added to the prices of what we buy.
Well lets see what happens to prices for goods and services for the foreseeable future for the common person.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
And I am trying to hold up your assertion that "the left cannot have a conversation about anything without using insults" by asking you to look to the interviews and rallies over the last months, and count the insults against the left by Trump and Vance, compare them to those against the right by Harris and Walz. I do not think you will like what you find. It will make your own bias more evident to you than you have ever allowed you to acknowledge, even to yourself.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That could be true if you consider setting mouse traps that have killed mice as evil acts. I’m sure Harris has reached that level of evil but no further. In contrast to Trump, well she isn’t evil in any sense.

I read this statement and wonder if Harris is evil what mortal on earth wouldn’t be. Maybe the Dalai Lama?

I would still stand by my view that she's the lesser of two evils. I don't think she's all that innocent. I'm not even convinced the Dalai Lama is innocent. As it is written, we are all sinners. ;)

Harris is going farther into helping the middle class than Biden did. I see her plan as s next step to help bolster the young middle class access to what used to be the norm from the 1950’s until the housing crisis of 2009. Everything is more expensive than ever. To get a foothold into home ownership is harder.

And she won’t renew the Trump taxcuts which will help raise revenue for FEMA and other programs to help the middle class and poor.

Well, she has to be elected President first, then we'll see how far she goes. Some of her ideas are pretty good, particularly when it comes to price and rent controls. Everything is more expensive today because greedy capitalists set the prices. The government can set prices to get them lower, while raising wages.

The last four years have been very good despite the global inflation crisis that was caused by the pandemic. That is no longer an issue. Interest rates are coming down. Employment is exceptional and wages going up. Harris’ plans continue with what Biden started, and im sure she will have many of the same cabinet members. So seamless transition of power.

The only negative thing about the future is if Trump wins because the two agendas aim to harm many people and social stability. The economic plans are heavily flawed. If he wins I think there will be a year of fairly decent economic status, but by 2026 the negative impact will come.

The lack of affordable housing and healthcare remain the primary issues which have persisted since even before Trump was elected.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Well lets see what happens to prices for goods and services for the foreseeable future for the common person.
Even if Trump gets elected they will not go down. You do not want inflation. You want deflation and if that does happen that would mean that the economy took a severe turn to the worse.

Twilight Hue

Yes, we know, you can't find a source to agree with you and Trump, so lets wait and see. Sorry most of us turn to avoid an impending collision.
Yes we know your left wing Hero Biden lied about inflation and its roared back at its highest level in 40 years.

Snippet...

• Inflation surged to its highest level in over 40 years. Despite recent moderation, consumer prices are up more than 19% overall. Gasoline is up 46%.

Wages and Inflation​

CPI — Inflation came roaring back under Biden. During his time in office, the Consumer Price Index rose 19.2%.

For a time it was the worst inflation in decades. The 12 months ending in June 2022 saw a 9.1% increase in the CPI (before seasonal adjustment), which the BLS said was the biggest such increase since the 12 months ending in November 1981.

Sorry most of us won't even survive another 4 years with this inept left-wing administration

Pogo

Yes we know your left wing Hero Biden lied about inflation and its roared back at its highest level in 40 years.

Snippet...

• Inflation surged to its highest level in over 40 years. Despite recent moderation, consumer prices are up more than 19% overall. Gasoline is up 46%.

Wages and Inflation​

CPI — Inflation came roaring back under Biden. During his time in office, the Consumer Price Index rose 19.2%.

For a time it was the worst inflation in decades. The 12 months ending in June 2022 saw a 9.1% increase in the CPI (before seasonal adjustment), which the BLS said was the biggest such increase since the 12 months ending in November 1981.

Sorry most of us won't even survive another 4 years with this inept left-wing administration
We are talking about the future, not the worldwide problems caused at least in part by Trump's dismissing Covid as going away in a few months.

Now I will ask you again, can you find a well respected economist, not a Gateway Pundit or Epoch times schill that considers Trump's proposals to be positive for the long term economy?

Here is the analysis from his purported Alma Mater Penn Wharton, It basically says there will be tiny gains at the expense of the long term, now if you are planning on dying in the next 10 years you might see a 1.5% increase in your income. Note this is tax proposals only the negative effects of his Tariff proposals which are 10 times as large for lower and middle income people more than offset this.

Twilight Hue

We are talking about the future, not the worldwide problems caused at least in part by Trump's dismissing Covid as going away in a few months.

Now I will ask you again, can you find a well respected economist, not a Gateway Pundit or Epoch times schill that considers Trump's proposals to be positive for the long term economy?

Here is the analysis from his purported Alma Mater Penn Wharton, It basically says there will be tiny gains at the expense of the long term, now if you are planning on dying in the next 10 years you might see a 1.5% increase in your income. Note this is tax proposals only the negative effects of his Tariff proposals which are 10 times as large for lower and middle income people more than offset this.
Sorry but Trump is the expert here, and that expertise will show if he wins.

Any income increase will be welcome because I and others know full well that Harris and Waltz will not result in a higher gain of income for me or any other common working person because when any , I'll say modern Democrat is elected, everything pretty much goes to the hell each and every time.

Pogo

Sorry but Trump is the expert here, and that expertise will show if he wins.

Any income increase will be welcome because I and others know full well that Harris and Waltz will not result in a higher gain of income for me or any other common working person because when any , I'll say modern Democrat is elected, everything pretty much goes to the hell each and every time.
You didn't read the Penn Wharton analysis or any of the ones regarding his tariff effects. Trump is not an expert except at conning gullible people. He promises the moon, but on reading you find out that his ideas are closer to this.
daredevils.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Snippet...

Wages and Inflation​

The "fact" about inflation is inaccurate because it does not paint the entire picture. Yes, there was a period of high inflation. Only the totally ignorant blame Biden because there were no policies of Biden's that were inflationary. The inflation was caused mainly by the pandemic. This has been explained to you many times. If Democrats were as dishonest as Republicans they would try to put the entire blame on Trump for how poorly he handled the pandemic when he was in office. Please note that both Trump and Biden had to do high level deficit spending due to the pandemic. That was not the case just in the US, but all around the world. That is why inflation was a global reaction. Your source was not honest because it did not rightfully attribute the cause of the recent inflation and though it gave some credit to Biden for moderating it, if it was honest it would have given even more.

Here is a challenge for you. Explain how Biden was responsible for inflation at all.

Twilight Hue

The "fact" about inflation is inaccurate because it does not paint the entire picture. Yes, there was a period of high inflation. Only the totally ignorant blame Biden because there were no policies of Biden's that were inflationary. The inflation was caused mainly by the pandemic. This has been explained to you many times. If Democrats were as dishonest as Republicans they would try to put the entire blame on Trump for how poorly he handled the pandemic when he was in office. Please note that both Trump and Biden had to do high level deficit spending due to the pandemic. That was not the case just in the US, but all around the world. That is why inflation was a global reaction. Your source was not honest because it did not rightfully attribute the cause of the recent inflation and though it gave some credit to Biden for moderating it, if it was honest it would have given even more.

Here is a challenge for you. Explain how Biden was responsible for inflation at all.
While no presidential administration can control the economy there is no question that the Biden administration's policies regulations, mandates, and whatnot is certainly a major driver when it comes to inflation and high prices.

Pogo

Oh, that's easy Trump said he was and he took some econ courses a long time ago. ( Before all his business failures and fraud convictions)

It is amazing, Magas who will dismiss hundreds of explanations by established economic experts on why Trump is peddling malarkey will do so on the grounds that Trump took undergraduate courses in economics. This is not about rational thinking, it is about being a member of the cult in good standing.