• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Thought we're not meant to be rude about a religion, in it's own dir?...shouldn't this whole thread be in an open dir? :confused:

lostwanderingsoul

the pagan Babylonian Mystery religion worshiped a "mother and child". they had a trinity..the celebration of Christmas is almost identical to the pagan mid winter celebration. Easter is almost identical to a pagan celebration in the spring. the Bible no where says people go to heaven. the Bible no where mentions a trinity.

Norman

Defender of Truth
I don’t expect to change anyone.

Also, the Holy Spirit once told me to tell people that no matter who tells them anything about God, be it a priest, bishop, or anyone they were to ask Jesus if it is right or wrong.

I hear Jesus very clearly.

Norman: Hi Johnlove, what is missing here is some humble pie. God answered my prayers thirty years ago That The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, so I was baptized into the Church.
We claim to be a restoration not a reformation of the first century Church. However, I try to share my belief's humbly and with love and not to shove it down people's throat. Just a suggestion again, be a bit humble John.

Johnlove

Norman: Hi Johnlove, what is missing here is some humble pie. God answered my prayers thirty years ago That The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true, so I was baptized into the Church.
We claim to be a restoration not a reformation of the first century Church. However, I try to share my belief's humbly and with love and not to shove it down people's throat. Just a suggestion again, be a bit humble John.
You go on thinking you are humble.

Also I don’t believe the Mormon Church is in any way Christian.

Johnlove

can johnlove also see dead people. do you live in Colorado and use some of that "special medicine" they have there

I am a Christian who lives God’s commandments.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Jesus said he would show himself to those who love him.

I have seen Jesus, and he has called me out by name.

Johnlove

Except for the one that says "Judge not, that ye be not judged." I guess Jesus must have told you that that one doesn't apply in your case.
Yes we are to judge if people who say they are Christian, and don’t believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and God.

We are to have nothing to do with those who say they are Christian and deny that Jesus is God.

(1 John 4:1-3) “My dear friends, not every spirit is to be trusted, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets are at large in the world. This is the proof of the spirit of God: any spirit which acknowledges Jesus Christ, come in human nature, is from God, and no spirit which fails to acknowledge Jesus is from God; it is the spirit of Antichrist, whose coming you have heard of; he is already at large in the world.”

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

One should not associate with one who says they are Christian, and sins.

Rogn

I know. We need Christianity to kill in the name of god as muslims now does, instead of weakening the religion. That will pure them of their wicked ways :3
Sarcasm.

I know. We need Christianity to kill in the name of god as muslims now does, instead of weakening the religion. That will pure them of their wicked ways :3
Sarcasm.

People who willfully kill are not true Christians.

Rogn

People who willfully kill are not true Christians.
No true scotsman fallacy. Although its rare seeing christians being active on this today, since most terrorist groups are islamic. I mean maybe its the fact Jesus is a somewhat of a better role model than an arab war lord. But yeah ^^

Johnlove

No true scotsman fallacy. Although its rare seeing christians being active on this today, since most terrorist groups are islamic. I mean maybe its the fact Jesus is a somewhat of a better role model than an arab war lord. But yeah ^^

Matthew 5:38-48) “You have learnt how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other as well, if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him. Give to anyone who asks, and if anyone wants to borrow, do not turn away. You have learnt how it was said: you must love your neighbour and hate your enemy. But I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; in this way you will be sons of your Father in heaven, for he causes his sun to rise on bad men as well as good,”

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Yes we are to judge if people who say they are Christian, and don’t believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and God.
I don't know of any Christians who don't believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and God. Even if I did, though, I wouldn't be able to find anywhere in the Bible where it says I'm supposed to be judging them. Perhaps you could point me to chapter and verse.

One should not associate with one who says they are Christian, and sins.
How many Christians do you know who are perfect?

Johnlove

I don't know of any Christians who don't believe that Jesus Christ is our Lord and God. Even if I did, though, I wouldn't be able to find anywhere in the Bible where it says I'm supposed to be judging them. Perhaps you could point me to chapter and verse.

How many Christians do you know who are perfect?
A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” Jerusalem Bible

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God” New Jerusalem bible

I am a Christian.

(1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

Scripture tell us not to associate with someone who calls him or herself a Christian, and is dishonest.

One has to make a judgment as to if one who says they are Christian, and is not living God’s Word.

The Mormon Church does not teach what Jesus taught.

Matthew 5:38-48) “You have learnt how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other as well, if a man takes you to law and would have your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone orders you to go one mile, go two miles with him. Give to anyone who asks, and if anyone wants to borrow, do not turn away. You have learnt how it was said: you must love your neighbour and hate your enemy. But I say this to you: love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you; in this way you will be sons of your Father in heaven, for he causes his sun to rise on bad men as well as good,”

If someone says he or she is a Christian but does not live God’s Word then he or she is dishonest.

Yes a Christian has to judge to see if one is a Christian or not.

Not to judge means one does not take it upon one’s self to determine where some will go after they die.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
A Christian is a follower of Jesus Christ.
Agreed.

I am a Christian.
Well, thanks for telling us, because it would be next to impossible for anyone to guess that by your behavior.

The Mormon Church does not teach what Jesus taught.
Actually, we do.

Not to judge means one does not take it upon one’s self to determine where some will go after they die.
Says who? The Bible says that we are not to judge one another. You're the one who's elaborating on what you think that's supposed to mean.

By the way, have you even bothered to read the forum rules? The Christian DIR forum is not intended for debate. What you are doing is against forum rules.