• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

Johnlove

I don't know any Christians who believe that one who sins can go to heaven.
Do you and all the Christians you know believe what John said in the following scripture?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did” Jesus obeyed the Father, do all the Christian obey all of God’s commandments?

It they do not they are not going to Heaven with Jesus. For one thing not obeying God’s commandments is a sin.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Do all your Christian friends know that if they sin they don’t know nor have they seen God?

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God” New Jerusalem bible

Do all your Christian friends know that a child of God can’t sin?

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” Jerusalem Bible

InChrist

Free4ever
Do you and all the Christians you know believe what John said in the following scripture?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did” Jesus obeyed the Father, do all the Christian obey all of God’s commandments?

It they do not they are not going to Heaven with Jesus. For one thing not obeying God’s commandments is a sin.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Do all your Christian friends know that if they sin they don’t know nor have they seen God?

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God” New Jerusalem bible

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.” Jerusalem Bible

I believe the scriptures you've listed above, as do other believers I know. Let me ask you a question., do you ever sin or are you saying you live a life which is perfectly sinless?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am repeating here what I said in the other thread you have on this subject:

In my faith, Yeshua says "Do not condemn others and G-d will not condemn you" (paraphrased by ChristineES). Here a verse that support this:

Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Paul pretty much said the same thing to the Romans:

Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same thing

Awoon

I am repeating here what I said in the other thread you have on this subject:

In my faith, Yeshua says "Do not condemn others and G-d will not condemn you" (paraphrased by ChristineES). Here a verse that support this:

Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Paul pretty much said the same thing to the Romans:

Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same thing

Using the scriptures as a statement "Do not condemn others a God will not condemn you," is nonsense. You are really saying that.

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious

Interesting you ignore John 3:16.
Not the lest bit surprising, but interesting none-the-less

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Using the scriptures as a statement "Do not condemn others or God will not condemn you," is nonsense. You are really saying that.
Jesus/Yeshua said it and I am quoting it.( I was copying THE RESPONSE I put on a different thread, just in case I was not clear enough) And it is not nonsense to me, it is MY FAITH.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Using the scriptures as a statement "Do not condemn others a God will not condemn you," is nonsense. You are really saying that.
Huh?
Would you please be so kind as to reword this.
It does not make any sense to me as currently written.

Awoon

Jesus/Yeshua said it and I am quoting it.( I was copying THE RESPONSE I put on a different thread, just in case I was not clear enough) And it is not nonsense to me, it is MY FAITH.

Well if it is YOUR FAITH then it is YOU saying it. You didn't say it was Jesus/Yeshua's FAITH, because his FAITH is never quoted in the BIBLE. IS IT?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Well if it is YOUR FAITH then it is YOU saying it. You didn't say it was Jesus/Yeshua's FAITH, because his FAITH is never quoted in the BIBLE. IS IT?
It most certainly is. I posted the verse right in my response. Didn't you see it? Here is the verse I quoted from Luke:

Johnlove

I believe the scriptures you've listed above, as do other believers I know. Let me ask you a question., do you ever sin or are you saying you live a life which is perfectly sinless?
So you saying you believe those scriptures quoted by me, does that mean you live what they say?

Do you obey all of God’s Commandments?

Has Jesus shown himself to you?

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Have you also seen Jesus?

Remember you are the one that said you know of no Christians that believe a sinner will go to heaven.

Some people say Lord, Lord and believe that will gain them Heaven. They believe that all their sins are forgiven so it does not matter if they sin or not. These people believe they are not sinners, but believer who are forgiven.

Jesus puts that belief right down the drain where it belongs.

Jesus said:

It is those who obey God’s Commandments that go with Jesus into Heaven, and one who sins is not obeying Jesus.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
It is too bad that John Lennon trusted his imagination rather than the revealed word of the One who created heaven and earth.

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. Proverbs 14:12

Why do people keep commenting on my signature? I actually find that funny. And yes, I love Imagine. :)

McBell

Admiral Obvious
It is too bad that John Lennon trusted his imagination rather than the revealed word of the One who created heaven and earth.

There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death. Proverbs 14:12
can you show there is a difference between the two?

Awoon

It most certainly is. I posted the verse right in my response. Didn't you see it? Here is the verse I quoted from Luke:

That's the Faith of Jesus of Nazareth?