• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

Johnlove

I get your beliefs, but why do you hold them? What evidence do you have to support this line of thinking?
Scripture tells us that only those who live God’s Word will go to Heaven.

Yet what Jesus said in the following scripture is true for all most all people.

(Matthew 13:10-15) “Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk to them in parables?' In answer, he said, 'Because to you is granted to understand the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is not granted. Anyone who has will be given more and will have more than enough; but anyone who has not will be deprived even of what he has. The reason I talk to them in parables is that they look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. So in their case what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah is being fulfilled: Listen and listen, but never understand! Look and look, but never perceive! This people's heart has grown coarse, their ears dulled, they have shut their eyes tight to avoid using their eyes to see, their ears to hear, their heart to understand, changing their ways and being healed by me.”

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Scripture tells us that only those who live God’s Word will go to Heaven.

Yet what Jesus said in the following scripture is true for all most all people.

(Matthew 13:10-15) “Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk to them in parables?' In answer, he said, 'Because to you is granted to understand the mysteries of the kingdom of Heaven, but to them it is not granted. Anyone who has will be given more and will have more than enough; but anyone who has not will be deprived even of what he has. The reason I talk to them in parables is that they look without seeing and listen without hearing or understanding. So in their case what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah is being fulfilled: Listen and listen, but never understand! Look and look, but never perceive! This people's heart has grown coarse, their ears dulled, they have shut their eyes tight to avoid using their eyes to see, their ears to hear, their heart to understand, changing their ways and being healed by me.”
Apart from scripture, do you have any reason to believe this line of reasoning, though? Or is it simply based on Biblical Passages?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Does one need anything more than a true understanding of the written Word of God, given to him or her by God?
I don't think that Christians necessarily think that the entire Bible is the direct word of God. Imho, the Bible is divinely inspired, in a large way, but it was written through the perspective of imperfect men. I think that God sees that we progress as thinking creatures when we aren't given things directly or obviously. So, the process of deciphering what God intended with scripture is a difficult one, but extremely beneficial. That being said, I think that it is completely reasonable to 1. be skeptical about the validity/accuracy of scriptural passages, and 2. that supporting evidence outside of scripture is necessary to understand the true nature of God and his will for us. That is just how I have come to understand my faith, but I realize it's not for everyone. What are your thoughts?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I don't think that Christians necessarily think that the entire Bible is the direct word of God. Imho, the Bible is divinely inspired, in a large way, but it was written through the perspective of imperfect men. I think that God sees that we progress as thinking creatures when we aren't given things directly or obviously. So, the process of deciphering what God intended with scripture is a difficult one, but extremely beneficial. That being said, I think that it is completely reasonable to 1. be skeptical about the validity/accuracy of scriptural passages, and 2. that supporting evidence outside of scripture is necessary to understand the true nature of God and his will for us. That is just how I have come to understand my faith, but I realize it's not for everyone. What are your thoughts?

It was written through a cultural perspective.
I do not believe in...
-Circumcision.
-Strict dietary laws
-A literal, separate 'son of god demi-god character.
-A cosmic tyrant

All of these things could theoretically be drawn from Scripture as ''beliefs''. Religion and religious beliefs is not ''from'' the texts, they parallel them.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It was written through a cultural perspective.
I do not believe in...
-Circumcision.
-Strict dietary laws
-A literal, separate 'son of god demi-god character.
-A cosmic tyrant

All of these things could theoretically be drawn from Scripture as ''beliefs''. Religion and religious beliefs is not ''from'' the texts, they parallel them.
I agree.

Johnlove

That is the problem when man decides for himself what is true and is not true.

Jesus personally told me the Christian Bible is God’s written Word.

People who still sin are following the devil, and will never find the truth, until he or she allows God to give them the grace to obey him.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”

leibowde84

Veteran Member

People who still sin are following the devil, and will never find the truth, until he or she allows God to give them the grace to obey him.

(1 John 3:8) “Whoever lives sinfully belongs to the devil, since the devil has been a sinner from the beginning. This was the purpose of the appearing of the Son of God, to undo the work of the devil.”
"Jesus personally told me the Christian Bible is God’s written Word."
- What do you mean by this specifically?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

I mean, man decided on what Gospels were included in the Bible, so, in actuality, men decided for themselves what was true and not true. Sometimes, it seems, this was done with ill-intent. Just for example, the 4 Gospels were chosen out of about 30 options. The others were disregarded as being untrue. Wasn't this man deciding what was true and what wasn't?

Johnlove

I mean, man decided on what Gospels were included in the Bible, so, in actuality, men decided for themselves what was true and not true. Sometimes, it seems, this was done with ill-intent. Just for example, the 4 Gospels were chosen out of about 30 options. The others were disregarded as being untrue. Wasn't this man deciding what was true and what wasn't?
No, man led by the Holy Spirit decided what was included in the bible.

I have noticed that because man has wanted to not live God’s Word as he taught that Word, man has been watering down the Word.

The Holy Spirit/Jesus gives me what the true understanding of his written Word is.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

I have noticed that because man has wanted to not live God’s Word as he taught that Word, man has been watering down the Word.

The Holy Spirit/Jesus gives me what the true understanding of his written Word is.

So the Patriarchy, murder, abuse, slavery, kidnapping, rape, child sex, etc, in the Bible - is God's word?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Can you provide an answer to my previous question?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
What is written in the Christian Bible is God’s Word.

Only God can give one a true understanding of that bible.

No real God would advocate ridiculous patriarchy with its abuse and murder of women, none virgins, etc., nor the right to own slaves, and abuse and breed them and keep them FOREVER, or the right to rape prisoners, and especially pedophilia!

These things allowed by LAW of YHVH in the Bible - let me know the Bible is written by Patriarchal MEN whom wanted to commit these atrocities! Not by any God!

Johnlove

No real God would advocate ridiculous patriarchy with its abuse and murder of women, none virgins, etc., nor the right to own slaves, and abuse and breed them and keep them FOREVER, or the right to rape prisoners, and especially pedophilia!

These things allowed by LAW of YHVH in the Bible - let me know the Bible is written by Patriarchal MEN whom want to commit these atrocities! Not by any God!

So you are the expert who knows what our God would do? Wow, do you believe you are a God?

Johnlove

"Jesus personally told me the Christian Bible is God’s written Word."
- What do you mean by this specifically?
I mean just what I said. Jesus told me that the Christian bible was God’s written Word.

In fact Jesus once sat next to me to teach me, and he had me open the bible to where it said what he was teaching me.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsa said:

These things allowed by LAW of YHVH in the Bible - let me know the Bible is written by Patriarchal MEN whom want to commit these atrocities! Not by any God!

So you are the expert who knows what our God would do? Wow, do you believe you are a God?

LOL! What a ridiculous bunch of Bull you know what - red herring!

If your God wants abuse, rape, murder, slavery, and pedophilia, then have you considered that your God, might be your Satan.

Last edited:

Johnlove

If your God wants abuse, rape, murder, slavery, and pedophilia, then have you considered that your God, might be your Satan.

My God has taught me and has given me the grace to live his Commandments.

Look up and see how Jesus told us to live.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:

My God has taught me and has given me the grace to live his Commandments.

Look up and see how Jesus told us to live.

You avoid what I have said.

How can it be God when it advocates such evil as slavery, murder, rape, and child molestation?