• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

Johnlove

I believe I don't know of any real Christians that think that way but there are apostates in apostate churches.

I believe that is a misinterpretation of the verse since the verse talks about those relying on good works while never haveing a relationship to Jesus.

I don't believe you will find any evidence to spport that view.

I believe that is false because they were only addressing the faithlessness of the times.

I don't believe that people need any help from Satan to misinterpret scripture.

I believe that a person who believes in sin is not saved from sin but most Christians have asked Jesus to be Lord and Savior.

I don't beleive there is any evidence to support these notions.
I believe that is a misinterpretation of the verse since the verse talks about those relying on good works while never haveing a relationship to Jesus.
Jesus said if one does not live the will of the Father in Heaven, he or she will not come with him.

You talk about relying on good works to get one to heaven. Do you believe that Jesus did not mean what he said?

Most people don’t realize that one can only live God’s will if he or she is given the grace by God to live his will. So then it is all God’s doing that one lives a righteous life.

Living a righteous life is how one knows he or she loves God, and God knows them.

If one does “good” it is to God’s credit. One should know to thank God for being able to do what God demands.

The only way one can know he or she is a Child of God’s is if he or she is obeying all of God’s Commandments.

One will know if he or she is living God’s Commandments because Jesus will show himself to those who live his Commandments.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God” New Jerusalem bible

leibowde84

Veteran Member
All that stood out to me was Jesus’ big smile.
was it a person? How did you know it was Jesus and not an imposter?

Also, Jesus has never told me anything directly. I have a close relationship with my faith. So, how does you experience aply to convincing me that your reasoning is sound? How come Jesus hasn't visited me or the majority of Christian adherents?

Johnlove

was it a person? How did you know it was Jesus and not an imposter?

Also, Jesus has never told me anything directly. I have a close relationship with my faith. So, how does you experience aply to convincing me that your reasoning is sound? How come Jesus hasn't visited me or the majority of Christian adherents?
Jesus said he would show himself and make a home of a person who proved they loved him, by obeying his commandments.

Again if Jesus has not shown himself to him or her then it must be they don’t show him they love him by living his commandments.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Did I not tell you that convincing you was not my job?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Jesus said he would show himself and make a home of a person who proved they loved him, by obeying his commandments.

Again if Jesus has not shown himself to him or her then it must be they don’t show him they love him by living his commandments.

Did I not tell you that convincing you was not my job?
If convincing me is not your "job", then why are you on a debate forum?

Personally, I think you are merely using circular reasoning. Jesus is perfect and his words can be trusted. The Bible was divinely inspired to a degree that it is perfect as well. It says in the Bible that Jesus will show himself to those that prove their love/devotion. Thus, if you haven't been visited by Jesus, you must be doing something wrong.

See how many assumptions there are in that line of reasoning? I believe that Jesus very well could show himself, but I have a hard time believing that he would. I also don't think that the Bible was designed in any respect to be taken literally. When it states that "Jesus will show himself", it has an unlimited amount of potential meanings. The way that we come to the actual meaning is through reasoning, love, understanding, and wisdom in every respect. The passages should not just be taken at face value, as they are poetic. It takes a while to get to the meaning of a great poem. Line by line you are forced to fling yourself into the mind of the writer. The Bible is great poetry, imho, so I think it takes the same mental exercise.

Laika

Premium Member
Most people don’t realize that one can only live God’s will if he or she is given the grace by God to live his will. So then it is all God’s doing that one lives a righteous life.

So Satan brainwashes people but god made them that way so they could be easily brainwashed? If the protestant reformation was the devils work, it follows that it is also gods design.

Johnlove

If convincing me is not your "job", then why are you on a debate forum?

Personally, I think you are merely using circular reasoning. Jesus is perfect and his words can be trusted. The Bible was divinely inspired to a degree that it is perfect as well. It says in the Bible that Jesus will show himself to those that prove their love/devotion. Thus, if you haven't been visited by Jesus, you must be doing something wrong.

See how many assumptions there are in that line of reasoning? I believe that Jesus very well could show himself, but I have a hard time believing that he would. I also don't think that the Bible was designed in any respect to be taken literally. When it states that "Jesus will show himself", it has an unlimited amount of potential meanings. The way that we come to the actual meaning is through reasoning, love, understanding, and wisdom in every respect. The passages should not just be taken at face value, as they are poetic. It takes a while to get to the meaning of a great poem. Line by line you are forced to fling yourself into the mind of the writer. The Bible is great poetry, imho, so I think it takes the same mental exercise.
What else can one who may not live God Commandment say?

Such a person can’t believe what Jesus said, because it tells them they are not one of God’s Children.

You asked questions, and I answered your question, and confirmed my answers with scripture. You seem to have rationalized the written Word to sooth your conscience.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
So Satan brainwashes people but god made them that way so they could be easily brainwashed? If the protestant reformation was the devils work, it follows that it is also gods design.
The protestants were driven out of the church by aversion to its evils plus its tortures, not by a supernatural being. The fact that they themselves weren't so awesome is owing to the place that they came from, their abusive parent.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Such a person can’t believe what Jesus said, because it tells them they are not one of God’s Children.

You asked questions, and I answered your question, and confirmed my answers with scripture. You seem to have rationalized the written Word to sooth your conscience.
"Sooth my conscious"?! What do you mean by that? Are you accusing me of interpreting scripture by my own desires, because that is rather insulting, and a pretty ignorant thing to accuse me of, as you know absolutely nothing about me.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

So are you saying that you don't have an argument to support your position, then?

InChrist

Free4ever
I mean just what I said. Jesus told me that the Christian bible was God’s written Word.

In fact Jesus once sat next to me to teach me, and he had me open the bible to where it said what he was teaching me.

It appears that the only reason you started this thread is to brag about how you have been favored by Jesus above other Christians and how your understanding of the scriptures and ability to keep all the commandments is superior.

Last edited:

Johnlove

It appears that the only reason you started this thread is to brag about you have been favored by Jesus above other Christians and how your understanding of the scriptures and ability to keep all the commandments is superior.
You seem to have a very negative opinion of me. That is your right, and you have better hope your opinion is valid.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
It appears that the only reason you started this thread is to brag about how you have been favored by Jesus above other Christians and how your understanding of the scriptures and ability to keep all the commandments is superior.
This is true of so many, they seem to have this arrogance of believing they know the truth and they alone know the truth, it turns me off, and quite frankly its childish.

InChrist

Free4ever
You seem to have a very negative opinion of me. That is your right, and you have better hope your opinion is valid.
I really have no opinion of you personally since I don't know you at all. I'm just saying that from the words you have written it sounds as if you are boasting, but I realize only the LORD knows your heart and motives.