• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

InChrist

Free4ever
I can assure you, God was not there for me either.
Well, I didn't think God was involved in my life through the things I was going through...until after I was saved and my spiritual eyes were opened. Then I looked back and realized just how many times God has intervened and protected me, yet I had been so consumed and blinded by my own thoughts, expectations, and plans I had missed or ignored His Presence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Well, I didn't think God was involved in my life through the things I was going through...until after I was saved and my spiritual eyes were opened. Then I looked back and realized just how many times God has intervened and protected me, yet I had been so consumed and blinded by my own thoughts, expectations, and plans I had missed or ignored His Presence.
No, he was not there. When I was 16, my dog was my only friend, and god, if he is real and involves himself in our lives, didn't even let me keep her.
The only thing I can conclude, if he is real and involves himself in our lives, is he really hates me. But, that's ok, because I'm not too found of anyone who would allow for slavery, genocide, and the death penalty for the most trivial of things.

JayJayDee

Avid JW Bible Student
Keep watching there is a good chance you will come to know what a true Christian is.

Hello Johnlove. Can I please ask you to define a true Christian, according to what you believe?

How does being a true Christian line up with the Bible's teachings for Christians today, in your opinion?

If God speaks to you directly, do you believe that he speaks to others this way as well?

Can you also define what an early Christian Catholic is.

Thank you in advance. I can see your sincerity and admire it.

InChrist

Free4ever
No, he was not there. When I was 16, my dog was my only friend, and god, if he is real and involves himself in our lives, didn't even let me keep her.
The only thing I can conclude, if he is real and involves himself in our lives, is he really hates me. But, that's ok, because I'm not too found of anyone who would allow for slavery, genocide, and the death penalty for the most trivial of things.
Or is it possible God orchestrated events so that your dog was in your life when you needed a friend? Depends on how you look at things. Of course I can't prove it to you, but I don't believe God hates you at all, but loves you dearly.

Shadow Wolf

Or is it possible God orchestrated events so that your dog was in your life when you needed a friend? Depends on how you look at things. Of course I can't prove it to you, but I don't believe God hates you at all, but loves you dearly.
If I were in such a need, why would god make my only friend a dog, and why would god have taken her from me?
I realize it may seem foolish to place such value in a friendship with a dog, but even Job had his family to turn to during his test of faith. I, on the other hand, have never even had "family" to turn to or talk to when I'm having a time of difficulty. At that point in time, my dog was literally the only one on this world who made me felt wanted and appreciated.
If god orchestrated the events in my life, he has hated me since my beginning. After all, my birth was only the first time during my life that Death has reached its cold hand towards me.

InChrist

Free4ever
If I were in such a need, why would god make my only friend a dog, and why would god have taken her from me?
I realize it may seem foolish to place such value in a friendship with a dog, but even Job had his family to turn to during his test of faith. I, on the other hand, have never even had "family" to turn to or talk to when I'm having a time of difficulty. At that point in time, my dog was literally the only one on this world who made me felt wanted and appreciated.
If god orchestrated the events in my life, he has hated me since my beginning. After all, my birth was only the first time during my life that Death has reached its cold hand towards me.
I can't really know why your life has been so difficult or why you never had a loving family who made you feel loved and cherished as you should have been, but I don't believe God hates you. because each person is created in His image and is precious. A good friend of mine, actually two close friends were both molested all during their childhood by their fathers. Do I think God orchestrated this...No way. I believe that everything about God and His word screams against such perverted abuse of a child. This kind of behavior or any behavior which hurts a vulnerable child or really anyone is clearly the responsibility of the perpetrator and God calls this sin and evil for which they will be accountable. Both of these friends do not blame God, but instead have found healing, peace, and freedom from the past in the love of Jesus. They understand that their fathers were selfish and sinful. I had some pretty hard, even violent things occur in my life and there were times when I turned to God and He provided help. Maybe God is waiting for you to find rest and joy in the love He has for you.

What happened to your dog anyway, how was she taken from you? I once had a little kitten when I was around 13. I so wanted to keep it, but my dad made me get rid of it.

Shadow Wolf

What happened to your dog anyway, how was she taken from you? I once had a little kitten when I was around 13. I so wanted to keep it, but my dad made me get rid of it.
My dog was killed. By my bus driver. Imagine how that makes a kid who already hates school feel.

InChrist

Free4ever
My dog was killed. By my bus driver. Imagine how that makes a kid who already hates school feel.
I'm sorry you lost your dog that way, I imagine it made you feel terrible. I love animals and it is so hard losing them when they are special.

I'll say goodnight now...going to sleep.

Johnlove

Hello Johnlove. Can I please ask you to define a true Christian, according to what you believe?

How does being a true Christian line up with the Bible's teachings for Christians today, in your opinion?

If God speaks to you directly, do you believe that he speaks to others this way as well?

Can you also define what an early Christian Catholic is.

Thank you in advance. I can see your sincerity and admire it.

If you are asking if what the Christian Church is teaching is scriptural, the answer is a big no.

Paul said:

(Galatians 1:7-8) “Not that there can be more than one Good News; it is merely that some troublemakers among you want to change the Good News of Christ; and let me warn you that if anyone preaches a version of the Good News different from the one you have already heard, he is to be condemned.”

The following scripture is just some of what the apostles taught that is not what the Church teaches.

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not store up treasures for yourselves on earth, where moths and woodworms destroy them and thieves can break in and steal.”

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

(Matthew 5:38-48) “You have learnt how it was said: Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I say this to you: offer the wicked man no resistance. On the contrary, if anyone hits you on the right cheek, offer him the other.”

Yes Jesus said he would call his own out by name, and they would recognize his voice.

Also those who actually have the Holy Spirit have to hear him to be able to be taught by him.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

Can you also define what an early Christian Catholic is?

Yes, an Early Christian Catholic is one who has been baptized in Jesus Christ’s name, and received the Holy Spirit by having a bishop/apostle lay hands on him or her.

This person then allows the Holy Spirit teach and guide him or he to live God’s Word.

(1 John 2: 27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you; the anointing he gave teaches you everything: you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

When one lives God’s Word he or she will then become a home of God’s.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

There is no sin in God’s home, and those who are a home of God’s will always do God’s Will.

A Vestigial Mote

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your "Christianity" does sound very sad and depressing, but from reading yours words it sounds to me more like you were commanded and taught things by people, such as; your abusive mom and father who abandoned you, but not by God.

Aren't we supposedly led and witnessed to throughout our lives by God's will and power to do so? That's, at least, what I am always told - that that is the reason so-and-so keeps coming to me, offering me advice on this or that, quoting me scripture, telling me that all of the coincidences (well, only the positive ones, to be sure) in their life are God working His magic. Perhaps this form of witnessing and "God reaching out" is only applicable when the conversion or proselytization is a "positive" experience, eh?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus said if one does not live the will of the Father in Heaven, he or she will not come with him.

You talk about relying on good works to get one to heaven. Do you believe that Jesus did not mean what he said?

Most people don’t realize that one can only live God’s will if he or she is given the grace by God to live his will. So then it is all God’s doing that one lives a righteous life.

Living a righteous life is how one knows he or she loves God, and God knows them.

If one does “good” it is to God’s credit. One should know to thank God for being able to do what God demands.

The only way one can know he or she is a Child of God’s is if he or she is obeying all of God’s Commandments.

One will know if he or she is living God’s Commandments because Jesus will show himself to those who live his Commandments.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

One must understand this in context. It is an answer to a question: Why would Jesus be manifest to the disiples and not to the world? THe answer is that the word is ther for the world but not all retain it. This is different from obedience. It simply means that one knows God by His word.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who is a child of God sins because God's seed remains in him. Nor can he sin, because he is a child of God. This is what distinguishes the children of God from the children of the devil: whoever does not live uprightly and does not love his brother is not from God” New Jerusalem bible

I believe I have not seen a verse that says this.

I believe that is what He said.

Also it is true that our sins are His responsibily also because He has the power and permission to remove them.

I beleive what the scripture says. I love God becasue He first loved me. It is true that He said "If you love me keep my commandments." God knows me no matter what. He knows me personally if I have established a relationship with Him.

I believe this statement to be false.

Muffled

Jesus in me
was it a person? How did you know it was Jesus and not an imposter?

Also, Jesus has never told me anything directly. I have a close relationship with my faith. So, how does you experience aply to convincing me that your reasoning is sound? How come Jesus hasn't visited me or the majority of Christian adherents?

I believe I could say it is because you aren't in a charismatic church but I remember one where the Holy Spirit would move greatly but one person would sit reading his Bible completely disassociated from the Spirit.

Johnlove

I believe I have not seen a verse that says this.

I believe that is what He said.

Also it is true that our sins are His responsibily also because He has the power and permission to remove them.

I beleive what the scripture says. I love God becasue He first loved me. It is true that He said "If you love me keep my commandments." God knows me no matter what. He knows me personally if I have established a relationship with Him.

I believe this statement to be false.
Jesus tells us who it is the love him.

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Muffled

Jesus in me
The protestants were driven out of the church by aversion to its evils plus its tortures, not by a supernatural being. The fact that they themselves weren't so awesome is owing to the place that they came from, their abusive parent.

I believe I remember telling a Mormon that God told me that the angel Moroni was actually a demon. He asked if that meant that Mormonism was formed by a demon and I ansewred , No. Smith sought righteousness and certainly some of that comes through but his discernement of spirits seems lacking and who knows how much he was influenced by it.

Other than that I believe I know of no evil influence over Protestantism.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus tells us who it is the love him.

I don't believe in putting the chicken before the egg: John 14:20 In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Johnlove

I don't believe in putting the chicken before the egg: John 14:20 In that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
Believing of Jesus, and believing in Jesus are two different things.

When John says one is believing in Jesus, he is saying that one needs to be in Jesus to believe.

You need to read what John says about being in Jesus, or Jesus being in him or her.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

John says this is how we know we are in him. One who sin can’t believe in Jesus, because they are not living as Jesus lived.

(1 John 3:9) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Here John says God is in one who does not sin. So Children of God are in God, and God is in them.

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.”

Here John says if one sins they don’t even know God. One can’t believe in someone they do not even know.

Jesus told us what one needs to do to have God be in them. Keeping God’s Word includes not sinning.

The reason my argument does not make sense to most people, is because to understand God’s Word and come to know God his or her teacher needs to be God.

(1 Corinthians 2:10-13) “These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depts. Of everything, even the depths of God. After all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God”

InChrist

Free4ever
Aren't we supposedly led and witnessed to throughout our lives by God's will and power to do so? That's, at least, what I am always told - that that is the reason so-and-so keeps coming to me, offering me advice on this or that, quoting me scripture, telling me that all of the coincidences (well, only the positive ones, to be sure) in their life are God working His magic. Perhaps this form of witnessing and "God reaching out" is only applicable when the conversion or proselytization is a "positive" experience, eh?
Well, I think being witnessed to or having someone share their experiences with you or how they see God at work in their life is much different than an authoritarian or abandoning parent misrepresenting God to a child. Jesus gives pretty strong warning and consequences to those who harm the faith of little ones. From my perspective I think religious parents can fall into being authoritarian or other behaviors which harm children, but those who live in a loving relationship daily with the Lord will also demonstrate love to their children.