• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I believe Satan has brain washed most Christians/people.

InChrist

Free4ever
This is true of so many, they seem to have this arrogance of believing they know the truth and they alone know the truth, it turns me off, and quite frankly its childish.
Well, from my understanding Jesus encouraged humility and Paul said to esteem others before ourselves so even when it comes to speaking about the truth I think attitude is important.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I willfully gave myself to Lucifer. He offered a hand to help me up, and I accepted it. He then showed me a path that has since made me stronger, wiser, and more able to accept the actions of myself as realize we aren't always in full control as we like to pretend to be.
No brainwashing was required.
This is in contrast to God, who for many years tried to force me into a mold, tried to force me into obedience and compliance, who taught me to hate myself, and who drove me into a downward spiral of depression and self-destruction.
Lucifer saved me from the damnation that was beset upon my life by God. And, unlike God, Lucifer does not care if I bow to him, kneel to him, follow on his path, or do what he says. His Sacred Black Flames melted the chains that God had enslaved me with. Lucifer is the one who sat me free.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I willfully gave myself to Lucifer. He offered a hand to help me up, and I accepted it. He then showed me a path that has since made me stronger, wiser, and more able to accept the actions of myself as realize we aren't always in full control as we like to pretend to be.
This is in contrast to God, who for many years tried to force me into a mold, tried to force me into obedience and compliance, who taught me to hate myself, and who drove me into a downward spiral of depression and self-destruction.
Lucifer saved me from the damnation that was beset upon my life by God. And, unlike God, Lucifer does not care if I bow to him, kneel to him, follow on his path, or do what he says. His Sacred Black Flames melted the chains that God had enslaved me with. Lucifer is the one who sat me free.

Hi. 'Lucifer', is a name of Jesus. Do you actually, know who was helping you?

Shadow Wolf

Hi. 'Lucifer', is a name of Jesus. Do you actually, know who was helping you?
Lucifer, the Morning Star, is a name given to many.
I know who helped me. He is not the one who said I am unworthy and must kneel, but the one who said I am worthy enough to stand.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Lucifer, the Morning Star, is a name given to many.
I know who helped me. He is not the one who said I am unworthy and must kneel, but the one who said I am worthy enough to stand.

Not really. It's a name for Jesus. If it's a name for many, then you haven't really told us anything, have you?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Beautifully said.

Shadow Wolf

Not really. It's a name for Jesus. If it's a name for many, then you haven't really told us anything, have you?
I think you know who I mean. The adversary of Dante, the epic hero of Milton, the very one who challenged the authority of God, the one who gave us a Choice, the very one who was condemned for unlocking our shackles that confined us to His will.

InChrist

Free4ever
What are the reasons you feel God tried for many years to force you into a mold and how did He try doing this? I'm interested, but it's up to you if you feel like answering and providing a little more detail.

Shadow Wolf

What are the reasons you feel God tried for many years to force you into a mold and how did He try doing this? I'm interested, but it's up to you if you feel like answering and providing a little more detail.
Straight from birth I was commanded to follow His divine laws and plans. It was never a question of if I shall, because before the Alter of the Lord it was declared that I shalt not. Where I have questions, "the ways of the lord" (and all other similar responses, included "his ways are not our ways") did not answer any of them. Although I was taught we cannot understand His ways, that did not prevent my mind from being filled with unanswerable questions. I was taught, for many years, the way I am is detestable to the Lord, and not just as a sinner like any other person. I was told to do certain things, although there was/is no basis for doing so? (such as, how does one honor a father who just up-and-left one night? How do you honor a mother who emotionally abused you?)
I can easily admit many "problems" I had were specifically through the church, such as a very warped and biased view of history, and that you have to be a certain way to be saved (no Catholics, Methodists, Mormons, or anyone else allowed). But, ultimately, I could not reconcile with a God who could not give me even a shimmer of hope for a better tomorrow, but a God who also used the terms "loving, merciful, and benevolent" to describe himself while at the same time condoning slavery, genocide, infanticide, misogyny, and many other things in Bible. By the time I reached such a staggering height of my faith, I took the initiative the read the Bible for myself (no Pastor or anyone else to guide it), and at that point in time I had never felt so betrayed.
A few years later, during my darkest of dark days, and loneliest of lonely days, that is when Lucifer appeared, and he showed me a better way. He melted the chains that kept me bound, and he showed me the strength is in myself to cast away the shackles and walk away from a life of ruin and despair and towards a life of redemption, hope, and a continual improvement that Jehovah never did provide for me. Lucifer did not provide for it either, but he did show me that it is fully within myself to walk that path, embrace self-improvement, and to reach deep down within and make myself better.

InChrist

Free4ever
Straight from birth I was commanded to follow His divine laws and plans. It was never a question of if I shall, because before the Alter of the Lord it was declared that I shalt not. Where I have questions, "the ways of the lord" (and all other similar responses, included "his ways are not our ways") did not answer any of them. Although I was taught we cannot understand His ways, that did not prevent my mind from being filled with unanswerable questions. I was taught, for many years, the way I am is detestable to the Lord, and not just as a sinner like any other person. I was told to do certain things, although there was/is no basis for doing so? (such as, how does one honor a father who just up-and-left one night? How do you honor a mother who emotionally abused you?)
I can easily admit many "problems" I had were specifically through the church, such as a very warped and biased view of history, and that you have to be a certain way to be saved (no Catholics, Methodists, Mormons, or anyone else allowed). But, ultimately, I could not reconcile with a God who could not give me even a shimmer of hope for a better tomorrow, but a God who also used the terms "loving, merciful, and benevolent" to describe himself while at the same time condoning slavery, genocide, infanticide, misogyny, and many other things in Bible. By the time I reached such a staggering height of my faith, I took the initiative the read the Bible for myself (no Pastor or anyone else to guide it), and at that point in time I had never felt so betrayed.
A few years later, during my darkest of dark days, and loneliest of lonely days, that is when Lucifer appeared, and he showed me a better way. He melted the chains that kept me bound, and he showed me the strength is in myself to cast away the shackles and walk away from a life of ruin and despair and towards a life of redemption, hope, and a continual improvement that Jehovah never did provide for me. Lucifer did not provide for it either, but he did show me that it is fully within myself to walk that path, embrace self-improvement, and to reach deep down within and make myself better.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your "Christianity" does sound very sad and depressing, but from reading yours words it sounds to me more like you were commanded and taught things by people, such as; your abusive mom and father who abandoned you, but not by God.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for sharing your experience. Your "Christianity" does sound very sad and depressing, but from reading yours words it sounds to me more like you were commanded and taught things by people, such as; your abusive mom and father who abandoned you, but not by God.
I myself find it hard to accept that God would completely ignore what soothsayers said about God, that is if God is anything like a person at all whatsoever. As a person I care about people, and I would have wanted to lend a hand to Shadow Wolf. In my case I have similar objections. The God who is: personal and omniscient and loving...well that one has some inconsistencies to answer for. I don't see any reason not to lay blame where its due. If you don't think God is those things, then perhaps you are talking about a different God. Maybe you think God is not personal. That is more consistent with experience and with that God I'd probably not have a beef, although the inaction still does rankle a bit.

Bringing this to relevance to the subject of the thread, where was God when protestants were being tortured and cowed into silence by evil priests? Shall we lie down today and let someone claim Satan is responsible for the protests? Ridiculous. If such people lay such claims I will have revenge. Who is worse: muggers or the fake good guy who avoids helping the bleeding dying victim?

InChrist

Free4ever
I myself find it hard to accept that God would completely ignore what soothsayers said about God, that is if God is anything like a person at all whatsoever. As a person I care about people, and I would have wanted to lend a hand to Shadow Wolf. In my case I have similar objections. The God who is: personal and omniscient and loving...well that one has some inconsistencies to answer for. I don't see any reason not to lay blame where its due. If you don't think God is those things, then perhaps you are talking about a different God. Maybe you think God is not personal. That is more consistent with experience and with that God I'd probably not have a beef, although the inaction still does rankle a bit.

Bringing this to relevance to the subject of the thread, where was God when protestants were being tortured and cowed into silence by evil priests? Shall we lie down today and let someone claim Satan is responsible for the protests? Ridiculous. If such people lay such claims I will have revenge. Who is worse: muggers or the fake good guy who avoids helping the bleeding dying victim?
I'm not sure exactly what you are saying. Do you think that if God is personal then He should be intervening and preventing the the terrible things that happen in the world such as, the things you mentioned? I just want to make sure I understand before I respond.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure exactly what you are saying. Do you think that if God is personal then He should be intervening and preventing the the terrible things that happen in the world such as, the things you mentioned? I just want to make sure I understand before I respond.
The premise of the opening post is that Satan caused the Reformation. I just can't accept that kind of shrugging off of responsibility by someone claiming to be Catholic. Catholic people caused the Reformation. People hurt other people in God's name, and God did not interfere. God allowed children to be taught lies, even about God. With regard to what Shadow Wolf said: Yes. If God were personal it would mean caring about individuals in a personal way, but God always has some larger picture in mind. Therefore God is impersonal. The big picture (world), not the small picture (me), is what God takes action on.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The premise of the opening post is that Satan caused the Reformation. I just can't accept that kind of shrugging off of responsibility by someone claiming to be Catholic. Catholic people caused the Reformation. People hurt other people in God's name, and God did not interfere. God allowed children to be taught lies, even about God. With regard to what Shadow Wolf said: Yes. If God were personal it would mean caring about individuals in a personal way, but God always has some larger picture in mind. Therefore God is impersonal. The big picture (world), not the small picture (me), is what God takes action on.

Historically, the catholic church, has a horrendous track record. You'd have to be living on mars to not know that.
blaming ''god'', /whatever that means/, is just a cop out. so is blaming the devil.

/disciple

Shadow Wolf

I can assure you, God was not there for me either.