• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can prove God in 10 words..

Onkara

Yes, life is a part of the universe. A DVD drive is part of my computer, but they were created separately and at separate times. I don't understand why you're asking. Are you trying to say that life and the universe are the same thing?
mball
Yes, life and the universe can and are considered the same by some philosophies and religions. This I think is why Trubeauty's OP is considered wrong for people who do not believe they are the same. As you say, the DVD is seperate to the computer, you likewise (I assume) would say you are seperate from the universe, because you were born and will die. However I think this needs further investigation.

Amill

Apikoros
IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR DEAD MATTER TO PRODUCE LIFE

Big Bang can't explain it..
Charles Darwin can't explain it..
Modern day science can't explain it..

Atheists, please explain it..

It's so impossible that even a god couldn't design a system meant to achieve that goal? Holy smokes.

MSizer

MSizer
Then lets make it personal and emperical and put Relgion and philosophy to the side. :) What makes you so sure emperically that you are limited by your body as something seperate from the universe? By emperically I mean from what you know personally and not what the scientist has shown or the philsopher has rationalised.

Well, I know from etimologically sound evidence that I am a discreet being. I concede that I breath in air from which oxygen molecules are absorbed by my blood, therby literally becoming a part of me, which, afterward, I expell and become a part of sombody else (human or frog or other). So yes I agree that we are all literally connected in the sense that we share matter, but not at the same time. A molecule that I ingest and integreate at any given time is not available to you until it leaves my body somehow. Is that what you're asking?

Baydwin

The Miller/Urey experiment was a failure because it showed that life cannot come from non-life when there is oxygen in the air and life cannot be sustained when there isn’t oxygen in the air.
There was no oxygen in the air when life arose 3.5 billion years ago, the oxygen in our atmosphere was put there by living organisms.

Life can exist without oxygen, they're called anaerobic. You have some of them living in your gut and without them you would die, you're a symbiote.

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, I can disprove God in three words:

"Will to power."

Man of Faith

No iron oxide in rocks strata older than that. In any rock that is exposed to an atmosphere containing high levels of oxygen, you'll get red iron-oxide deposits.
Not that you believe in rock strata of course.

I had to go to my sources on this one and I see three problems.
1) The oxygen in the ozone layer protects the earth from dangerous ultraviolet rays.
2) This theory parts from the usual evolutionary theory of the present is the key to the past, uniformistic view.
3) The precipitation of limestone in great quantities, the oxidation of ferrous iron in early rocks and the distribution of minerals in early sedimentary rocks is evidence of an early oxygen rich atmosphere.

Baydwin

I had to go to my sources on this one and I see three problems.
1) The oxygen in the ozone layer protects the earth from dangerous ultraviolet rays.
2) This theory parts from the usual evolutionary theory of the present is the key to the past, uniformistic view.
3) The precipitation of limestone in great quantities, the oxidation of ferrous iron in early rocks and the distribution of minerals in early sedimentary rocks is evidence of an early oxygen rich atmosphere.
1) The early Earth would have been exposed to solar and cosmic radiation, quite correct. In fact it probably promoted faster evolution by causing more mutations.
2) I'm sorry, what?
3) Limestone is formed from deposited shells and skeletons of marine life, the kind of life that formed way after the atmosphere had been oxygenated. You'll need to give me the source for early strata having iron oxide in, because that makes no sense.

Here's something for you to ponder while you're off researching. If all fossils were deposited in a single global flood, why do we have rock strata with many defined layers instead of one big layer of homogenous material?

johnhanks

Like many creationists, you seem to think there is a sharp dividing line between living things and non-living things. There is not. Working viruses can be synthesised from off-the-shelf laboratory chemicals; they're not fully functioning living organisms, but they're a step on the way. Most importantly, there's no process going on in a living cell that doesn't obey precisely the same chemical and physical laws that govern non-living processes.

It's always as well to think hard before declaring something 'scientifically impossible'.

Mr Cheese

I know fried chicken smells tasty

I have proved chinese food is the best usign six words

31_1.jpg

Mr Cheese

Like many creationists, you seem to think there is a sharp dividing line between living things and non-living things. There is not. Working viruses can be synthesised from off-the-shelf laboratory chemicals; they're not fully functioning living organisms, but they're a step on the way. Most importantly, there's no process going on in a living cell that doesn't obey precisely the same chemical and physical laws that govern non-living processes.

It's always as well to think hard before declaring something 'scientifically impossible'.

yeah, but use 10 words and show me the chemical formula for the soul please....:p

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
mball
Yes, life and the universe can and are considered the same by some philosophies and religions. This I think is why Trubeauty's OP is considered wrong for people who do not believe they are the same. As you say, the DVD is seperate to the computer, you likewise (I assume) would say you are seperate from the universe, because you were born and will die. However I think this needs further investigation.

Um...life and the universe are two different things. As was brought up, a rock is not alive. The sun doesn't have life. If you want to talk philosophy, you might want to try another thread. If you want to talk about the OP, let's get to it.

Mr Cheese

No, you just don't admit you have that problem. Saying "God did it" doesn't take away the problem. You just have to explain where God came from then, and why God is necessary.

You have to explain what God IS first..also

and as anyoen with any sense knows, this a thankless and endless task...
this measn this thread can now be closed!

:areyoucra

I proved that golf is good in China, in 50 words!

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
How does that prove god? Science doesn't say that dead matter produced life.

Oh and there is lots of life that prefers having no Oxygen around... it will kill them. Just because we like Oxygen doesn't mean that ALL life likes or needs it.

wa:do