• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can prove God in 10 words..

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
...And the second law of thermodynamics! Oh yeah, didn't think of THAT one did ya, ya silly ape-lovers! Therefore God exists.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
And I have that covered also, God told us everything we need to know in the Bible. It tells us about God, who he is, where he came from, what is our purpose for living, why we were created, how we were created, where we are going, how the world will end, what eternity is like.

That's nice. Go back to sleep.

Krok

I had to go to my sources on this one and I see three problems.
1) The oxygen in the ozone layer protects the earth from dangerous ultraviolet rays.
Yes, and what about it. We still don't get complete protection from UV rays, oxygen rich athmosphere or not. Mutations occur.
2) This theory parts from the usual evolutionary theory of the present is the key to the past, uniformistic view.
No it doesn't. Same processes, but the conditions differ.
3) The precipitation of limestone in great quantities, the oxidation of ferrous iron in early rocks and the distribution of minerals in early sedimentary rocks is evidence of an early oxygen rich atmosphere.
The non-precipitation of limestone at all in very early rocks and no oxidised ferrous iron present at all in very early rocks indicate an oxygen-poor atmosphere. What the
distribution of minerals in early sedimentary rocks
mean, I don't know. You will have to elaborate on that.What minerals? The presipitation of limestone and ferrous iron only came later.

The sequence of events are clear, no banded ironstone formations,no limestone, no photosynthetic cyanobacteria, then masses of photosynthetic cyanobacteria coupled with banded ironstone formations and masses of limestone. Thus anoxic to oxidic with photosynthetic syanobacteria inbetween.

Alceste

Vagabond
IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR DEAD MATTER TO PRODUCE LIFE

IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR SHOUTING A FALSEHOOD TO MAKE IT TRUE.

caps-lock-caps-lock-demotivational-poster-1252080149.jpg

Gabethewiking

Abiogenesis explains how we go from "dead" matter to "living" matter (Chemistry specific). If you would study it you may find it convincing.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
And I have that covered also, God told us everything we need to know in the Bible. It tells us about God, who he is, where he came from, what is our purpose for living, why we were created, how we were created, where we are going, how the world will end, what eternity is like.

So? The Bhagavatam tells the same thing. What makes the Biblical canon more authoritative than that one?