• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I can prove God in 10 words..

Man of Faith

No, you just don't admit you have that problem. Saying "God did it" doesn't take away the problem. You just have to explain where God came from then, and why God is necessary.

And I have that covered also, God told us everything we need to know in the Bible. It tells us about God, who he is, where he came from, what is our purpose for living, why we were created, how we were created, where we are going, how the world will end, what eternity is like.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
But the Bible is just as likely to be wrong about every single one of those things as any other religious texts are. Before you can assert that the Bible explains anything, you have to present evidence to clear up the following:

1) The Bible's correct interpretation.
2) The Bible's source.
3) The Bible's authorship.

Of course, that's just for starters. You would then have to test the Bible, make predictions based on the Bible, and finally demonstrate that practically any extraordinary claim made by or in the Bible are true.

You have your work cut-out for you.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
And I have that covered also, God told us everything we need to know in the Bible. It tells us about God, who he is, where he came from, what is our purpose for living, why we were created, how we were created, where we are going, how the world will end, what eternity is like.

I don't recall the Bible saying where God came from. I also don't recall the Bible explaining why the rules apply only to the universe, but not to God.

Also, then you have to explain why you think the Bible is so trustworthy.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, you just don't admit you have that problem. Saying "God did it" doesn't take away the problem. You just have to explain where God came from then, and why God is necessary.

You have to explain how God did it -- what mechanism He used. Otherwise you're proposing magic as a reasonable 'explanation'.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Which Bible? It keeps changing. Even today there are different Bibles among different Christian groups.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't recall the Bible saying where God came from. I also don't recall the Bible explaining why the rules apply only to the universe, but not to God.

Also, then you have to explain why you think the Bible is so trustworthy.

Indeed, the Bible's full of scientific and mathematic absurdities, not to mention self-contradictions.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
wow.
Talk about adding to the Bible.

I thought that there was a verse that many Christians use to refute adding to the Bible......

MSizer

MSizer
wow.
Talk about adding to the Bible.

I thought that there was a verse that many Christians use to refute adding to the Bible......

I went to a theologian's seminar a few weeks ago about the Trinity. After listening to his mental gymnastics nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to theology (except the fact that so many people think it has validity).

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR DEAD MATTER TO PRODUCE LIFE

Big Bang can't explain it..
Charles Darwin can't explain it..
Modern day science can't explain it..

Atheists, please explain it..

All you've proved in 10 words is that you SHOUT stupid things.

Last edited:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
IT IS SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR DEAD MATTER TO PRODUCE LIFE

Big Bang can't explain it..
Charles Darwin can't explain it..
Modern day science can't explain it..

Atheists, please explain it..

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but while I read, I'll just throw this out there -
you're argument is a classic example of argumentum ad ignorantiam (an argument from ignorance). Basically, your premise is saying that since science has not proven that life can be produced from dead matter, it must be false.

I would think that by the time that I can get to the end of three pages of posts, someone will have put forth the Urey-Miller experiments in abiogenisis.

Regardless of the discussion of abiogenisis, the original post falls FAR short of "proving God exists".

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Great post. This is the Achilles heel of evolution. Even though the ToE doesn't try to explain how life came from non-life, those that accept the ToE and are atheists have this problem, whether they want to admit it or not.

The Miller/Urey experiment was a failure because it showed that life cannot come from non-life when there is oxygen in the air and life cannot be sustained when there isn’t oxygen in the air.

When applauding the ignorance of the original post, it would be much better if you didn't do so by simply layering on more misinformation.

The_Evelyonian

Old-School Member
...and how about the complete lack of transitional fossils? Take that EVILutionists! Therefore god exists.

Last edited: