• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I have issues with Islam

Harikrish

Read or heard from the media? I have seen women getting their heads crushed with bricks and shot for committing adultery, and filmed, and limbs being cut off and a man was just beheaded in Syria for doing card tricks in the streets for distracting people from prayer.

These aren't lies. Muhammad demanded that people commit many of these atrocities. There is no need for media propaganda.

DO you know any people personally who died in the Holocaust? So are you gonna say it is media propaganda or don't trust that it happened? of course not!

I don't even watch fox news.
Did you see what the bombings did to the innocent people of Iraq? All you saw were flashes and columns of smoke. But you never saw the carnage and destruction. Individual beheadings and what you described may look repulsive. The damage those bombs create are even more devastating and include innocent women and children as well.
Don't be fooled by a few visuals. Count the actual cost. America spent 1.6 trillion to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. The real cost 4.4 trillion. Then count the deaths and destruction.

Would you mind bothering to read my last 10 or 20 posts and explain to me how you can possibly think that I believe mocking islam is hate speech?
https://www.religiousforums.com/search/391059/

No - I haven't read your other posts as I have given up reading this thread - I am only concerned with what you write to me. And what you wrote was that Charlie Hebdo's actions were hateful - I disagree entirely. If you say that what they did was not hate speech but that what they did was hateful then this shows a serious case of jumping from one foot to the next - and it isn't stacking up. Thus far, your explanation for it being hateful is because Moslems felt hatred at the cartoonists for their cartoons thereby making those cartoons hateful.

Well, that is a complete non-sequitar because as I said before, Charlie Hebdo do not hate Islam and so did not draw those cartoons motivated by hate or indeed, didn't publish them in order to propergate hate. Therefore any reasonable point of view has to come to the conclusion that their actions simply cannot be deemed as hateful because hate did not underpin this. The hateful response of Moslems is entirely their business but it does not mean we can allow that hate to drive the narrative yet that is what you appear to be doing. I repeat again, the target was Islam not Moslems.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Did you see what the bombings did to the innocent people of Iraq? ...............

You sent this to another member.
The 2001 Iraq war was a serious mistake. Does this mean that now and forever Muslims can commit honour attacks on their women, subject their women to oppression, interfere with National school
curriculums, stop girls going to school, attempt to apply Sharia law in our streets, etc?

You have to remember that our (UK) Muslims had votes as well, our Muslims were not bombed because they live in the UK...... indeed, the only UK Muislims who were in Iraq were UK soldiers.

I'm just asking, 'How long do you use the Iraq war to answer for unlawful practices in countries like the UK?'

Do you live in Iraq?