• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I like Trump now

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
January 6th was my biggest holding-out point.

I think he will have good policy.
Do you know what tariffs are? Trump says they will "force China to pay us" lots and lots of money.

Nope, not even Trump can force China to pay taxes to the U.S. Tariffs -- he's promising 10% across the board -- simply add to the cost of anything made outside the U.S., and those costs are paid by Americans who buy those things. And of course, Trump will surely use that "new money" as an excuse to lower taxes, which benefits the rich, not the poor and middle classes who are actually paying most of those tariffs.

Whoopee! Given even more ordinary Americans' cash to those who already have more cash than they can spend.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Do you know what tariffs are? Trump says they will "force China to pay us" lots and lots of money.

Nope, not even Trump can force China to pay taxes to the U.S. Tariffs -- he's promising 10% across the board -- simply add to the cost of anything made outside the U.S., and those costs are paid by Americans who buy those things. And of course, Trump will surely use that "new money" as an excuse to lower taxes, which benefits the rich, not the poor and middle classes who are actually paying most of those tariffs.

Whoopee! Given even more ordinary Americans' cash to those who already have more cash than they can spend.
I am not a communist. I do not want a war against the rich. Those who work hard and are clever deserve to be rewarded.

Laniakea

Not of this world

Don't like tariffs on Chinese goods? Then don't vote for Biden: Biden hikes tariffs on Chinese EVs, solar cells, steel, aluminum — and snipes at Trump

Laniakea

Not of this world
Maybe Biden can be replaced before the election.
Not if he doesn't want to be replaced.
Maybe his party will force him out--"democratically", of course! They did it with JFK. ;)
They'd just blame it on Trump supporters. They know the Leftists would swallow that idea whole.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am not a communist. I do not want a war against the rich. Those who work hard and are clever deserve to be rewarded.
I agree with your second sentence, but it looks to me like the kind of unchecked capitalism that Trump proposes benefits lazy corporate owners who own corporations rolling in money while they play on the golf course, not the hard-working intelligent people who work for them in my view.

It's also interesting to see you declaring taxes that take a tiny proportion of the wealth of the rich to literally stop ordinary people becoming starving and homeless as "war against the rich". I would suggest if letting the rich have great lives living in mansions having attendents etc is declaring war on them then their deprivation of the poor of housing and other basic necessities could fairly be called "war against the poor", and it is a war that the greedy amongst the rich have initiated, so I find it laughable that having initiated a war they are whining about finding themselves in one in my view.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I am not a communist.
Nor are democrats.
I do not want a war against the rich.
They have the advantages, and the republicans are willing to let them get richer, and then cut spending on education, Medicare, and perhaps cut Social Security for seniors who paid in all their lives.
Those who work hard and are clever deserve to be rewarded.
Yet republicans don't honor that. They cut taxes and then aim to cut spending that jhelp the marginalized, like those who have retired. Republicans have policies that prove they can't be trusted by the average citizen.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
My life actually improved with Trump in charge. More money in my wallet even living in the People's Republic of New York.

Unfortunately the Supreme leaders hate prosperity here and will eventually find a way to steal all your extra money for themselves while saying they support the common workers.
He is all about money. Got to give him props there. Of course he could not care less about the little people beyond keeping them believing in him. A little bribe here and a little bribe there. Why not? He doesn't have to bring down the deficit. He just has to wash the hands that count out money for him. Get those corporate taxes down. Stretch out those loopholes. Make America the Gilded Age Again!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't have anything against Biden, but I've recently come to like Trump.

At any rate, with either one I will probably depend on free government cheese for my disability because it seems to dangerous out there.

Sorry F1_Fan.
But the Republicans pretty much wiped out the 'free cheese' and other social programs for the poor, starting back in the '80s. Begging on street corners and living in tents have become viable lifestyle choices.
How long do you think medicare and medicaid will last under Trump's government?

Spice

He won before and served his entire term, and people tried to scare everyone beforehand that he'd "destroy democracy".
It got old, proved untrue, and is now as old as Biden looks.
Because he was limited to 4 years. If he gets in this time he knows his time is limited unless he makes drastic moves. That's scary! Let's not forget he's a business man, and not a very good one. He's daughter and son in law are keeping the family and business afloat.

Spice

Maybe Biden can be replaced before the election.
He doesn't need to be. As he said at his Friday rally, which he nailed, BTW, (and I'm paraphrasing greatly) he doesn't walk as well as he once did, and he doesn't talk as smooth as he once did, but he still knows what he's doing and how Washington works, and he cares about this country.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But the rich are not working hard, it's the workers who create their wealth.
The rich merely provide the tools. The workers use them to generate wealth for the owners, who pay them just enough to keep them working and prevent them from accumulating enough to seek new jobs or education.
Should they be rewarded for this "clever" exploitation?

Tinkerpeach

Which great numbers? Great economic numbers appear to be another example of Trump hyperbolizing things beyond common sense belief.

Lowest black unemployment in history up to that point.

We can start with that.

How many more would you like?

Tinkerpeach

So? Does he want a cookie for it? It's been on a general downward trend and many presidents can claim that they had the lowest rate under thsir presidency, including Nixon and Biden.
If it was on a downward trend what happened with Obama?

lol, it was not on a downward trend.

Nice try though.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
He is all about money. Got to give him props there. Of course he could not care less about the little people beyond keeping them believing in him. A little bribe here and a little bribe there. Why not? He doesn't have to bring down the deficit. He just has to wash the hands that count out money for him. Get those corporate taxes down. Stretch out those loopholes. Make America the Gilded Age Again!
That is not was reflected in my blue collar paycheck when Trump was in charge. My FICA actually went down and I had more money to take home with me to buy food, pay the mortgage, and some left aside for a couple of simple luxuries once I saved up enough. At least until the Democrats get their slimy hands on the extra cash and grabs it like the parasites they are.

I'd like to see a new acronym. MALA.

Make America livable again.