• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Idolising prophet or not

gnostic

The Lost One
This is quote is actually from Discussion topic - Depictions of the prophet. Since debate is not allow, and debates are about to happen, I thought it would best to start a new topic here.

fatihah said:
Response: In islam, depictions of the prophet is forbidden, because Muhammad(saw) did not want to be idolized.

I think Muhammad is already idolized, whether there is image or not. You don't need an image to idolize a person.

Depiction is more than just a picture. Depiction can also mean "describing" or "description".

That any Muslim considered that there is a law against a teacher letting child to use the name Muhammad (or any other variations of spelling) a stuff toy and charge them with blasphemy, these are basically idolising the prophet.

When some Muslims want to kill Danish cartoonist for some drawing, killing in the prophet's name is also be consider idolising the prophet.

Every time you pray and use his name (Muhammad) as a mantra is basically making him god-like, and hence as idol.

Why do Muhammad's name need to be mentioned at all, in a prayer?

And I don't remember if this is the Qur'an or Hadith, but there is description of Muhammad that describe him as being like "handsome" or "very good-looking" or "manly".

Such description, can only be describe as hero-worshipping.

Last edited:

Fatihah

This is quote is actually from Discussion topic - Depictions of the prophet. Since debate is not allow.

I think Muhammad is already idolized, whether there is image or not. You don't need an image to idolize a person.

Depiction is more than just a picture. Depiction can also mean "describing" or "description".

That any Muslim considered that there is a law against a teacher letting child to use the name Muhammad (or any other variations of spelling) a stuff toy and charge them with blasphemy, these are basically idolising the prophet.

When some Muslims want to kill Danish cartoonist for some drawing, killing in the prophet's name is also be consider idolising the prophet.

Every time you pray and use his name (Muhammad) as a mantra is basically making him god-like, and hence as idol.

Why do Muhammad's name need to be mentioned at all, in a prayer?

And I don't remember if this is the Qur'an or Hadith, but there is description of Muhammad that describe him as being like "handsome" or "very good-looking" or "manly".

Such description, can only be describe as hero-worshipping.

Response: Perhaps I should have been more clear. By idolize, I meant worship. As, muslims, we all are to admire the prophet, and lead by his example, but he should not be worshipped, as if he is Allah(swt).

As for why his name is mentioned in prayer, it is to remind us of the prophet, and inspire us to follow his example. When reflecting on someone by humbling the body as well, through the prostration of salaat, the recitation of the words in salaat become more inspiring.

gnostic

The Lost One
fatihah said:
By idolize, I meant worship. As, muslims, we all are to admire the prophet, and lead by his example, but he should not be worshipped, as if he is Allah(swt).
There is a thin line between admiration or worship. Both, by definition have to do with devotion. I'd suppose it is matter of "degree" of devotion, where you can cross over the line.

In any case, if an image is made, then it wouldn't necessarily mean that someone would worship that image of the prophet, so I don't you would require such prohibition be made, unless you think Muslims are so weak of faith that they have to be reminded of such thing with threat of punishment.

fatihah said:
As for why his name is mentioned in prayer, it is to remind us of the prophet,

Why would you even need such a reminder?

I doubt every much that any Muslim could forget Muhammad is his or her prophet. You already know that he "was" or "is" your prophet, so saying his name in a prayer, would seem to be hollow gesture.

and inspire us to follow his example. When reflecting on someone by humbling the body as well, through the prostration of salaat, the recitation of the words in salaat become more inspiring.

I am not bashing your tradition of using the name, I just don't see why it is required.

Isn't it enough to pray to Allah and only concentrating on Allah? Do you really need such inspiration?

I just see it no different to when Christians pray and mention one of their saints, to asking for assistance when praying to God. Putting a name of any prophet or saint would seem to be praying to that person, as much as praying to the deity. The Christians admired their apostles and saints as well.

Have you ever pray to Allah without inserting Muhammad's name into your prayer?

Fatihah

There is a thin line between admiration or worship. Both, by definition have to do with devotion. I'd suppose it is matter of "degree" of devotion, where you can cross over the line.

In any case, if an image is made, then it wouldn't necessarily mean that someone would worship that image of the prophet, so I don't you would require such prohibition be made, unless you think Muslims are so weak of faith that they have to be reminded of such thing with threat of punishment.

Why would you even need such a reminder?

I doubt every much that any Muslim could forget Muhammad is his or her prophet. You already know that he "was" or "is" your prophet, so saying his name in a prayer, would seem to be hollow gesture.

I am not bashing your tradition of using the name, I just don't see why it is required.

Isn't it enough to pray to Allah and only concentrating on Allah? Do you really need such inspiration?

I just see it no different to when Christians pray and mention one of their saints, to asking for assistance when praying to God. Putting a name of any prophet or saint would seem to be praying to that person, as much as praying to the deity. The Christians admired their apostles and saints as well.

Have you ever pray to Allah without inserting Muhammad's name into your prayer?

Response: You seem to think that just because you don't do something, it's the same for everyone else. If you don't worship idols, good for you. But some people do, which is why depictions of Muhammad are prohibited.

As for prayer, the concept is very simple. The more something is practiced, the more you can focus on it. The more it becomes apart of you. No different than a basketball player spending hours at a gym, perfecting their skills. The more practice, the better the skill. The less likely you'll forget that skill. The same is for the mentioning of Muhammad(saw) in prayer. The more you're reminded of a person, the less likely you'll get caught up into doing something that person won't do, because the person is always on your mind.

Haris19

Response: Perhaps I should have been more clear. By idolize, I meant worship. As, muslims, we all are to admire the prophet, and lead by his example, but he should not be worshipped, as if he is Allah(swt).

As for why his name is mentioned in prayer, it is to remind us of the prophet, and inspire us to follow his example. When reflecting on someone by humbling the body as well, through the prostration of salaat, the recitation of the words in salaat become more inspiring.

The Quran clearly tells us that our contact prayers are to remember God and God Alone(20:14).The fact that some cannot follow this simple commandment and insist on inserting the Prophet's name in their prayers proves beyond doubt that they have elevated him to a status equal to GOD knowingly or unknowingly.This is clearly and plainly IDOL WORSHIP.By commemorating the Prophet along with GOD in their prayers they are nullifying their prayers making them utterly useless.By the way i would like to ask these so called followers of the Prophet if they ever wondered how the Prophet performed his salats??Do they think he said the exact same words that they utter in their prayers????Obviously not!Any one with common sense can imagine that the Prophet could possibly not utter the same words what majority of Muslims utter today.So who are they following??????Prophet Muhammad or Bukari??????

Peace!

Haris19

As for prayer, the concept is very simple. The more something is practiced, the more you can focus on it. The more it becomes apart of you. No different than a basketball player spending hours at a gym, perfecting their skills. The more practice, the better the skill. The less likely you'll forget that skill. The same is for the mentioning of Muhammad(saw) in prayer. The more you're reminded of a person, the less likely you'll get caught up into doing something that person won't do, because the person is always on your mind.[/quote]

How about reminding ourselves of GOD alone more and more??Dont u think remembering him alone is sufficient for us not to commit or do things that he warned us against committing????For me ,GOD alone is sufficient.He reminds me of what i should be doing and what i should not be doing.Unfortunately for some that isnt enough!!

Last edited:

Onkara

Hi Haris
Fantastic, reminding ourselves of God alone is enough for me. Gos is sufficient, he is the giver of all. :D Why worry about the others?

Fatihah

The Quran clearly tells us that our contact prayers are to remember God and God Alone(20:14).The fact that some cannot follow this simple commandment and insist on inserting the Prophet's name in their prayers proves beyond doubt that they have elevated him to a status equal to GOD knowingly or unknowingly.This is clearly and plainly IDOL WORSHIP.By commemorating the Prophet along with GOD in their prayers they are nullifying their prayers making them utterly useless.By the way i would like to ask these so called followers of the Prophet if they ever wondered how the Prophet performed his salats??Do they think he said the exact same words that they utter in their prayers????Obviously not!Any one with common sense can imagine that the Prophet could possibly not utter the same words what majority of Muslims utter today.So who are they following??????Prophet Muhammad or Bukari??????

Peace!

Response: The verse says to worhip Allah(swt) alone, not to remember Allah alone. Also, the qur'an clearly says to obey Allah, and His Messenger, the prophet Muhammad(saw). (ch.4.59). And that the prophet is an excellent model for those who hope to meet Allah and the Last Day.(ch.33:21). And lastly, the qur'an says that Allah(swt) has appointed ways of worship for every people.(ch.22:67). Thus the qur'an clearly confirms that the established way of prayer is to follow the example set by Muhammad(saw).

Last edited:

Onkara

Response: The verse says to worhip Allah(swt) alone, not to remember Allah alone. Also, the qur'an clearly says to obey Allah, and His Messenger, the prophet Muhammad(saw). (ch.4.59). And that the prophet is an excellent model for those who hope to meet Allah and the Last Day.(ch.33:21).

I don't wish to be rude or disrespectful, however the Prophet is not with us today, so is it not through remembering (obeying) the teaching's of the Prophet i.e. The Quran alone? God is most certainly here today, and it is He whom we should worship. The origional question, I understood, was why The prophet is included in worship. The reason explained is the Prohpet (PBUH) sets an example.

Last edited:

Fatihah

I don't wish to be rude or disrespectful, however the Prophet is not with us today, so is it not through remembering (obeying) the teaching's of the Prophet i.e. The Quran alone? God is most certainly here today, and it is He whom we should worship. The origional question, I understood, was why The prophet is included in worship. The reason explained is the Prohpet (PBUH) sets an example.

Response: Muhammad(saw) is the Messenger of Allah(saw) in islam and was responsible for delivering the message of islam. Thus the way in which the people would be attracted and inspired to follow and obey Allah is to follow the example of Muhammad(saw). In other words, we would not know what islam is, if we do not understand and follow Muhammad, for he is the messenger. Thus following the qur'an alone would not be completely sufficient, for the example of Muhammad is not detailed in the qur'an, but in the hadiths.

Haris19

Response: The verse says to worhip Allah(swt) alone, not to remember Allah alone. Also, the qur'an clearly says to obey Allah, and His Messenger, the prophet Muhammad(saw). (ch.4.59). And that the prophet is an excellent model for those who hope to meet Allah and the Last Day.(ch.33:21). And lastly, the qur'an says that Allah(swt) has appointed ways of worship for every people.(ch.22:67). Thus the qur'an clearly confirms that the established way of prayer is to follow the example set by Muhammad(saw).

Fatiha ,

i dont know which verse you are refering to but the one i pointed out was 20:14 which contains the words وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي Lizikree means "to commemorate or remember me".It doesnt say" remember me and my final Prophet " or any one else for that matter.I do not wish to insult or ridicule anybody's faith or religious practices but as a Muslim i consider it my duty to remind you that we should follow the word of GOD and obey him.The Quran is very clear and it commands every believer to establish contact prayers with GOD to remember him and none beside him.When u put a name in your prayers beside GOD you are actually violating the basic principle of Tauheed(oneness of GOD) and the many other commandments in verses like 20:14.This would make your salats utterly useless.

I reminded many of my muslim brothers to follow this simple but very important commandment in the Quran but they simply couldnt do it becoz they simply cannot imagine a salat without the Prophet's name along with GOD.What does this show my dear friend??If one claims to devote his religion to Allah alone, why is it so difficult for that person to utter only Allah's name in his prayers??Im sure Prophet Muhammad did the same.He was an absolute monotheist!

And yes you are absolutely right in saying that the Quran tells us to obey the messenger.I do not disagree with it at all but what u need to understand is that when the Quran talks about obedience,It always say GOD and his "messenger".Nowhere in the Quran can u see GOD asking people to obey Muhammad.The word used always is "messenger" and the reason for it is simple.God wants us to focus on the message and obey the messenger simply becoz he is delivering God's message.And it is the same reason why GOD mentioned Muhammad as a good example for believers to follow .However since Muhammad is not amoung us today ,logically we have to follow and obey the message he left behind which is the Quran and nothing else.Prophet Muhammad left nothing but the Quran.He did not leave his oral sayings or any other teachings for Muslims to follow and obey.If the teachings of Prophet Muhammad had to be an integral part of Islam,im sure he wouldve requested his companions to write them down or record them during his life time just like how the Quran was recorded.The hadiths were recorded centuries after his death by those who never saw him or heard him which basically means they are heresays.

[34:53] They have rejected it in the past; they have decided instead to uphold conjecture and guesswork.*

Finaly, Prophet Muhammad was ordered to follow the religion of Abraham(16:123) who is also mentioned in the Quran as an excellent example(60:40).And Prophet Ibrahim is the father of our religion Islam.Prophet Muhammad did not invent a new religion with new rites.His mission was simply to deliver the Quran(3:20,24:54).So therefore it is very clear that the religious rites which we are to follow are the same ones which were given to Abraham and followed by Prophet Muhammad.

Peace!

Fatihah

Fatiha ,

i dont know which verse you are refering to but the one i pointed out was 20:14 which contains the words وَأَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِذِكْرِي Lizikree means "to commemorate or remember me".It doesnt say" remember me and my final Prophet " or any one else for that matter.I do not wish to insult or ridicule anybody's faith or religious practices but as a Muslim i consider it my duty to remind you that we should follow the word of GOD and obey him.The Quran is very clear and it commands every believer to establish contact prayers with GOD to remember him and none beside him.When u put a name in your prayers beside GOD you are actually violating the basic principle of Tauheed(oneness of GOD) and the many other commandments in verses like 20:14.This would make your salats utterly useless.

I reminded many of my muslim brothers to follow this simple but very important commandment in the Quran but they simply couldnt do it becoz they simply cannot imagine a salat without the Prophet's name along with GOD.What does this show my dear friend??If one claims to devote his religion to Allah alone, why is it so difficult for that person to utter only Allah's name in his prayers??Im sure Prophet Muhammad did the same.He was an absolute monotheist!

And yes you are absolutely right in saying that the Quran tells us to obey the messenger.I do not disagree with it at all but what u need to understand is that when the Quran talks about obedience,It always say GOD and his "messenger".Nowhere in the Quran can u see GOD asking people to obey Muhammad.The word used always is "messenger" and the reason for it is simple.God wants us to focus on the message and obey the messenger simply becoz he is delivering God's message.And it is the same reason why GOD mentioned Muhammad as a good example for believers to follow .However since Muhammad is not amoung us today ,logically we have to follow and obey the message he left behind which is the Quran and nothing else.Prophet Muhammad left nothing but the Quran.He did not leave his oral sayings or any other teachings for Muslims to follow and obey.If the teachings of Prophet Muhammad had to be an integral part of Islam,im sure he wouldve requested his companions to write them down or record them during his life time just like how the Quran was recorded.The hadiths were recorded centuries after his death by those who never saw him or heard him which basically means they are heresays.

[34:53] They have rejected it in the past; they have decided instead to uphold conjecture and guesswork.*

Finaly, Prophet Muhammad was ordered to follow the religion of Abraham(16:123) who is also mentioned in the Quran as an excellent example(60:40).And Prophet Ibrahim is the father of our religion Islam.Prophet Muhammad did not invent a new religion with new rites.His mission was simply to deliver the Quran(3:20,24:54).So therefore it is very clear that the religious rites which we are to follow are the same ones which were given to Abraham and followed by Prophet Muhammad.

Peace!

Response: No one is questioning whether the verse says to remember Allah. But you've clearly said that the verse says to remember Allah "alone", which it clearly does't. The words "remember Allah alone" is not in the text. We are to worhip Allah "alone", which is stated in the verse.

Also, as I pointed out before, the qur'an clearly says that Allah has established ways of worship for all people. Yet when we read the qur'an to see what is that way, it does not provide it. There is no verse that establishes the way to worship Allah. In other words, there is no verse which says "this is the way of worship". Thus this alone shows that the qur'an is not the only authority in islam. And your statement that the qur'an does not ask people to obey Muhammad but it does say to obey the Messenger does not make sense. Are you suggesting that Muhammad is not Allah's messenger?

Lastly, I have to address the constant fundamental error by qur'an alone muslims. You see, when a person says that they follow the qur'an alone, they mean that they reject the hadiths. But watch this. You just stated,

"The hadiths were recorded centuries after his death by those who never saw him or heard him which basically means they are heresays."

Now how exactly do you know this to be true? The qur'an doesn't say this. So where did you get it from? The source is the hadiths. Yet at the same time, you say that you reject the hadiths. Thus your logic is contradicting.

Btw, I do not like to dispute with other muslims on what the qur'an says and what's islam is or isn't. So please, let's approach this with an open-mind and with reason, and not try to outdue the other for our own personal gain.

As salaamu alaikum

Haris19

Response: No one is questioning whether the verse says to remember Allah. But you've clearly said that the verse says to remember Allah "alone", which it clearly does't. The words "remember Allah alone" is not in the text. We are to worhip Allah "alone", which is stated in the verse.

Also, as I pointed out before, the qur'an clearly says that Allah has established ways of worship for all people. Yet when we read the qur'an to see what is that way, it does not provide it. There is no verse that establishes the way to worship Allah. In other words, there is no verse which says "this is the way of worship". Thus this alone shows that the qur'an is not the only authority in islam. And your statement that the qur'an does not ask people to obey Muhammad but it does say to obey the Messenger does not make sense. Are you suggesting that Muhammad is not Allah's messenger?

Lastly, I have to address the constant fundamental error by qur'an alone muslims. You see, when a person says that they follow the qur'an alone, they mean that they reject the hadiths. But watch this. You just stated,

"The hadiths were recorded centuries after his death by those who never saw him or heard him which basically means they are heresays."

Now how exactly do you know this to be true? The qur'an doesn't say this. So where did you get it from? The source is the hadiths. Yet at the same time, you say that you reject the hadiths. Thus your logic is contradicting.

Btw, I do not like to dispute with other muslims on what the qur'an says and what's islam is or isn't. So please, let's approach this with an open-mind and with reason, and not try to outdue the other for our own personal gain.

As salaamu alaikum

OK..ill keep this as short and simple as possible and hopefully it will be easy for u to understand GOD willing.The verse doesnt have the word "alone" but it talks about establishing contact prayers to remember GOD only, so its simply understood that we are to remember GOD alone in our prayers.

God tells you that the Quran is perfect, complete and fully detailed .Now the question is do you believe GOD or not???!The hadith followers fail to understand why the details of the Salats are not present in GOD's complete and fully detailed book.Ask yourself this simple question,"Why did GOD explain the steps of Wudu which is to be performed before the Salat but did not explain anything about the Salat itself"??The answer is simple.Salat,Zakat,Sawm,Hajj all existed at the time of the Quran's revelation.Islam was not a new religion ,it was a religion taught by GOD to Prophet Ibrahim and therefore all religious practices were given to him.You will find details of this in the Quran.

I can see that you failed to understand my explanation about following the messenger.Following the messenger simply means following the message he brought.Simply put,if you follow the Quran,you follow the messenger.

Finaly,rejecting the Hadith means rejecting it as source of religious law and guidance.Hadiths can be taken as a source of knowing history just like any other history books.The only source of LAW and religious guidance is the Quran ,the whole and nothing but the Quran.

Peace!

Last edited:

gnostic

The Lost One
Do you or any other Muslim think that Muhammad is a hero of Islam?

If you do, then you are already idolising your prophet without even realising it.

This is what we call "hero-worshipping".

If anyone put Muhammad's name before that of his (or her) own life, his family or community, then you idolising the name of Muhammad.

The boy naming his teddy bear and the teacher getting punished for it for blasphemy, is a perfect example that there are some Muslims who worship Muhammad's name. It is an irony that seem to completely lost on most Muslims. By holding his name as sacred and punishing the teacher for blasphemy, showed that they are idolising a name.

Haris19

Do you or any other Muslim think that Muhammad is a hero of Islam?

If you do, then you are already idolising your prophet without even realising it.

This is what we call "hero-worshipping".

If anyone put Muhammad's name before that of his (or her) own life, his family or community, then you idolising the name of Muhammad.

The boy naming his teddy bear and the teacher getting punished for it for blasphemy, is a perfect example that there are some Muslims who worship Muhammad's name. It is an irony that seem to completely lost on most Muslims. By holding his name as sacred and punishing the teacher for blasphemy, showed that they are idolising a name.

I agree with u 100 percent.The recent violent reactions to when the Prophet is ridiculed is another example.And no i dont see him as a Hero of Islam.I see him as a Prophet of Islam jst like all other Prophets and messengers of GOD.He was blessed with a great moral character and with the Quran.

Peace!

Fatihah

OK..ill keep this as short and simple as possible and hopefully it will be easy for u to understand GOD willing.The verse doesnt have the word "alone" but it talks about establishing contact prayers to remember GOD only, so its simply understood that we are to remember GOD alone in our prayers.

God tells you that the Quran is perfect, complete and fully detailed .Now the question is do you believe GOD or not???!The hadith followers fail to understand why the details of the Salats are not present in GOD's complete and fully detailed book.Ask yourself this simple question,"Why did GOD explain the steps of Wudu which is to be performed before the Salat but did not explain anything about the Salat itself"??The answer is simple.Salat,Zakat,Sawm,Hajj all existed at the time of the Quran's revelation.Islam was not a new religion ,it was a religion taught by GOD to Prophet Ibrahim and therefore all religious practices were given to him.You will find details of this in the Quran.

I can see that you failed to understand my explanation about following the messenger.Following the messenger simply means following the message he brought.Simply put,if you follow the Quran,you follow the messenger.

Finaly,rejecting the Hadith means rejecting it as source of religious law and guidance.Hadiths can be taken as a source of knowing history just like any other history books.The only source of LAW and religious guidance is the Quran ,the whole and nothing but the Quran.

Peace!

Response: Again, adressing your statement that the verse says to remember Allah(swt) alone, you've just stated that the verse does not say the word "alone", thus your own words demonstrate that the verse does not say to remember Allah alone.

As for the hadiths, if the hadiths were true, you would have to accept it, if you are a person who sides with the truth. You accept that the hadiths are not true, but above, use a hadith as proof of your claim. Thus your argument is contridicting. Rejecting hadiths as a religious law and guidance does change the contradiction in your argument.

Last edited:

Cosmos

I wish to say here that whether Muslims acknowledge as such openly or not, having been a former practicing Muslim who went to the mosques, I have to say that Muslims do venerate the Prophet Muhammad. If we look at a dictionary 'veneration' and 'worship' are rather synonymous, though the difference of degree is involved. Now the facts are there have been Islamic scholars who have acknowledged the Divinity of Muhammad, as well.

A well-known Islamic tradition says: "Muhammad is our first, Muhammad is our last, Muhammad our all."

Fatihah

I wish to say here that whether Muslims acknowledge as such openly or not, having been a former practicing Muslim who went to the mosques, I have to say that Muslims do venerate the Prophet Muhammad. If we look at a dictionary 'veneration' and 'worship' are rather synonymous, though the difference of degree is involved. Now the facts are there have been Islamic scholars who have acknowledged the Divinity of Muhammad, as well.

A well-known Islamic tradition says: "Muhammad is our first, Muhammad is our last, Muhammad our all."

Response: Even if this is the case, neither the qur'an or sunnah teaches this, thus it is not a practice taught by islam.

Cosmos

That's clearly incorrect, Fatihah. Every faithful and devote Muslim venerates the Holy Prophet Muhammad. Period. There is no in-between. This is also the conflict between Christians and Muslims today in that the Divinity of both Jesus Christ and the Prophet Muhammad are not at all properly understood by either party today.

Why do you think the Blessed Beauty [Muhammad] said, "When here will come the resurrection Day, I shall be the leader of the Prophets and their spokesman and one who will intercede for them without boast." [Fazlul Maulana-- Al Hadis, Vol. 4, p. 326]... or "I am Muhammed, son of Abdullah, son of Abdul Muttaleb. Allah created creations and made me the best of them. Then he divided them into two groups and made me the best of the two." [Fazlul Maulana-- Al Hadis, Vol. 4, p. 323] :confused:

He [Muhammad] alludes to His divinity numerous times in the Hadith and the Qur'an exonerates Him as the most precious thing in all the universe! So, yes, idolization of the Holy Prophet Muhammad has and is within the Muslim community as much as in the Christian community, however, to varying degrees. Christians do worship Jesus and Muslims worship neither Christ nor Muhammad, yet their veneration is as intense and the theological understanding of their Prophet-Founder is lacking, particularly in the Sunni community.

Tanuki

Taking a hiatus
Sorry, but the hadith you quoted doesn't show Muhammad (SAW) alluding to his divinty, not to me anyway, and I'm sure not to most people. He was the Seal of the Prophets, and as such obviously the most perfect out of them but that doesn't make him divine or mean that he was alluding to divinity. If he had alluded to his divinity then he would have been no better than the people to whom he brought the saving message of Islam.

You are stating that he alludes to his divinty, as that is exactly what your own prophet Mirza Husayn did. In fact he practically came out and said he was God. As such, you state Muhammad alluded to the same thing, as that fits in with the Baha'i notion of 'Manifestation of God', as if Muhammad didn't allude to divinity then your own faith falls flat, and shows that Mirza Husayn was nothing more than a con-artist and that what he taught was nothing more than idle fancy.