• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Evolution Were True

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
sandy: I make the best chili in the county and am happy to explain the Theory of Evolution (ToE) to you. Which do you want first?

background: Do you understand that ToE is a theory in a specific scientific field, Biology, and that it explains why there are so many different kinds of organisms on earth, and why they are so different, complex, and adapted to their environments? Do you understand that science is all about evidence, not proof, and that the most important kind of evidence is when a hypothesis generates specific predictions that are then confirmed? If you understand all that, I can move on and explain what ToE says.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
fantome: Your chili recipe sounds mediocre to me. Here's mine:

1 # cheap steak, such as chuck steak
1 large can minced tomatoes
1 regular can beans: black, pinto, etc. as you prefer
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper.
1/4 # salt pork.
1 habanero chili pepper [use caution.]
1 cup beef stock or, if you prefer, beer.
salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder--1/4 t. each. (for dredging only.)
1/4 c. flour

Mince salt pork fine. Render it. Meanwhile, cut steak into around 1" cubes. Add spices to flour in plastic bag. Dredge meat in flour and spices. Brown meat in rendered salt pork. Remove and set aside. Dice onion and bell pepper. Mince habanero pepper fine. *Use plastic gloves to mince habanero* Cook onion and peppers in rendered salt pork over medium heat till soft. Add meat back in. Add remaining ingredients and cook over low heat until you can't wait any longer to eat it.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
fantome: Your chili recipe sounds mediocre to me. Here's mine:

1 # cheap steak, such as chuck steak
1 large can minced tomatoes
1 regular can beans: black, pinto, etc. as you prefer
1 medium onion
1 red bell pepper.
1/4 # salt pork.
1 habanero chili pepper [use caution.]
1 cup beef stock or, if you prefer, beer.
salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder--1/4 t. each. (for dredging only.)
1/4 c. flour

Mince salt pork fine. Render it. Meanwhile, cut steak into around 1" cubes. Add spices to flour in plastic bag. Dredge meat in flour and spices. Brown meat in rendered salt pork. Remove and set aside. Dice onion and bell pepper. Mince habanero pepper fine. *Use plastic gloves to mince habanero* Cook onion and peppers in rendered salt pork over medium heat till soft. Add meat back in. Add remaining ingredients and cook over low heat until you can't wait any longer to eat it.
Does this mean you don't have Lakers tickets?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Chili. I already understand the ToE. Do you have any Lakers tickets?

Are you sure, because your posts indicate that you don't. Maybe you only think you do. I'll tell you what, you tell us what you think ToE says, and we'll tell you whether you understand it or not.

It's really not that complicated, and once you understand it, it's hard to see how it could NOT be true.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
fantome: Your chili recipe sounds mediocre to me.
How dare you!!!:mad::slap:

Actually it’s not my recipe at all. I am a vegetarian. How about this one.

INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 tablespoons dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon salt
  • 2 stalks celery, chopped
  • 2 green bell peppers, chopped
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
  • 2 (12 ounce) packages vegetarian burger crumbles
  • 3 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
  • 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
  • 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers. When vegetables are heated through, mix in the vegetarian burger crumbles. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
  2. Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Which posts would those be?
Post # 21, for example.

Anyway, as I said, I am happy to explain ToE to you, and you don't even have to invest as much time as I do. All I ask is that you stick around, read my posts and respond. O.K.? For starters, would you answer these questions, which you've already rudely ignored? Thanks.

background: Do you understand that ToE is a theory in a specific scientific field, Biology, and that it explains why there are so many different kinds of organisms on earth, and why they are so different, complex, and adapted to their environments? Do you understand that science is all about evidence, not proof, and that the most important kind of evidence is when a hypothesis generates specific predictions that are then confirmed? If you understand all that, I can move on and explain what ToE says.

Did you try the chili yet?