• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If God exists why is he hiding?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member
If trees could speak, they would have said "if human exists why they are hiding?"
we are all around them but thay cannot perceive us. we are not hiding.
God is not hiding, we cannot perceive Him.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
If trees could speak, they would have said "if human exists why they are hiding?"
we are all around them but thay cannot perceive us. we are not hiding.
God is not hiding, we cannot perceive Him.
The trees might also be asking, "Why are random people suddenly disappearing?"

Acim

Revelation all the time
They might also be saying things like, "dude, did you hear that Zeppelin song? 'In my thoughts I have seen, rings of smokes through the trees'.... what does that even really mean? Seriously, someone here in the forest tell me that."

(And then the forest echoes with laughter)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
They might also be saying things like, "dude, did you hear that Zeppelin song? 'In my thoughts I have seen, rings of smokes through the trees'.... what does that even really mean? Seriously, someone here in the forest tell me that."

(And then the forest echoes with laughter)

Pot smokers communing with nature.

They still do it btw.

Saw it on tv recently.

chinu

chinu
@ If God exist why is he hiding ?

In the beganing YOU created a game for yourself to play, but before stepping into that game there was a question in YOUR mind.

Q: How can such a game give true enjoyment until you may forget you are the creator of this game ? Thus.. you turned this game into an illusionary game, Which means that you will forget everything, your power, your rank, your place, your status, after jumping into that game.

But again an another new question got arrised, Q: As You will forget everthing about yourself after jumping into that game, than who will pull you out when you will get tired after playing a lot ? Thus, by giving all of yours powers you created a CLONE of yourself and gave him the duty to pull you out.

Now, asked the clone; Sir, how will i come to know that you are really tired of this game ? YOU said; when i'll cry and beg infront of you to take me out of this game like as you have created me, rather than i created you.

And finally by saying this YOU jumped into that game.

GOD is that CLONE

Draupadi

Some religion like Gnosticism believes that you have to go through seven realms, each with its own guards and passwords to finally behold Him. I know it is quite an unknown concept, but this is what i read in an occult book named 'Modern Magick', written by the late Donald Craig. As a Muslim I don't have any proof of the truth, derived from Kabbalah, of this in any Islamic source. But being an individual who believes that all faith leads to the God, it may not be impossible.

I just feel if God really does exist, his existence, if it is that important to us, it should be a lot more intuitive than it is. Couldn't he have created evidence of his existence much much clearer than it is if he/she/it exists? Evidence as clear to us as the existence of the moon. He would not punish us for doubting the existence of the moon so why should he punish us for an entity which is far more obscure?
Her is a poem from Kabir, that may help you.
“Are you looking for me?
I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
you will not find me in the stupas,
not in Indian shrine rooms,
nor in synagogues,
nor in cathedrals:
not in masses,
nor kirtans,
not in legs winding around your own neck,
nor in eating nothing but vegetables.
When you really look for me,
you will see me instantly —
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.
Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.”

― Kabir

arcanum

I just feel if God really does exist, his existence, if it is that important to us, it should be a lot more intuitive than it is. Couldn't he have created evidence of his existence much much clearer than it is if he/she/it exists? Evidence as clear to us as the existence of the moon. He would not punish us for doubting the existence of the moon so why should he punish us for an entity which is far more obscure?
Perhaps he's hiding in plain sight, it's just our level of consciousness is too low and unrefined in in order to comprehend it. Just as we can not see the microscopic unaided, perhaps we are also blind to the macro-cosmic, as above so below.:rainbow1:

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

From my non-dual worldview (God and creation are not-two), I would say the issue is that you are thinking of God as something separate. To see evidence of God we need to look inside not outside. Masters who have fully stilled their minds have found there is nothing but God.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
From my non-dual worldview (God and creation are not-two), I would say the issue is that you are thinking of God as something separate. To see evidence of God we need to look inside not outside. Masters who have fully stilled their minds have found there is nothing but God.

Assuming we all have God....within?

The term...'godless'....would then have no meaning.
And the atheist might decline.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Assuming we all have God....within?

In Advaitan non-dual thought (God and creation are not-two), there is nothing but God within and without.

The term...'godless'....would then have no meaning.
And the atheist might decline.

The holy man, the 'godless' and the atheist are all part of God in this worldview. The beliefs and disbeliefs that run through our minds does not effect that.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
In Advaitan non-dual thought (God and creation are not-two), there is nothing but God within and without.

The holy man, the 'godless' and the atheist are all part of God in this worldview. The beliefs and disbeliefs that run through our minds does not effect that.

This I cannot agree to.
I believe that we can cut ourselves off from the Spirit.

We are born with breathe and into the arms of someone who cares.

I would like to think I will stand from this carcass and What stands over me...
will care.