• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

if God is all love where does evil come from?

hoojah

so why then do we humans have to suffer for so long because of what Satan did?
Satan was sent to earth for rebelling, right,
then how come God didn't think.. hang on a minute if i create Adam on Earth, then Satan might just interfere with him! seems a tad harsh for all this suffering to happen for a mistake really by God.
by the way i am 9 weeks into an Alpa course so i am just asking. is all.m jesus said ask and you shall find.

hoojah

all i can say is that it is a harsh lesson to learn.
i do believe in Jesus and god i am just finding a few things hard to understand. i have asked these questions and they just get side stepped. i am 9 weeks into an alpa course things are happening and i thank the lord for them. i also say what have you got to loose by trying a relationship with God so finding out for yourself the truth.

hoojah

another question that is a bit of a sticker for me..
god destroyed all when he asked Noah to save his family and all the animals.. okay i can stretch to that... but does that not mean then that all man was created through incest?
only Noah's family repopulated the earth! scarry.. :thud:

hoojah

but God knew that Satan would tempt Adam and Eve so why put him in the same place?
does that make Satan a victim, him being part of the plan?
i can not get my head around this sticking point.

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
its impossible for them to answer gods contradictions.

ive been told many times that god is everywhere so good must be everywhere and if i for example am not with god then where the hell is he is he not all of the universe or what?
and as for actuall good just thinking in a possitive way can effect change in life.

and one more thing noone has the write to tell me to do something that would make me unhappy unless im intentionally hurting someone else by doing it. and yeah i have tried christianity and it actually effected other people negatively that werent even involved and what really comfermed that it was no use to me is that the people who wanted me to try it ended up falling out permantly! sorry if i was off topic in any way... needed to get me juices flowing.

so why then do we humans have to suffer for so long because of what Satan did?
Satan was sent to earth for rebelling, right,
then how come God didn't think.. hang on a minute if i create Adam on Earth, then Satan might just interfere with him! seems a tad harsh for all this suffering to happen for a mistake really by God.
by the way i am 9 weeks into an Alpa course so i am just asking. is all.m jesus said ask and you shall find.

You are just looking at the Christian POV... Not everyone agrees with this.

The proper reason is, that evil simply comes from human. With freedom comes the freedom to do evil. Which is what happens in todays society. Satan is your scapegoat, you blame him for all your bad, and all your problems (i am not saying this to you BTW :D)

Last edited:

UnityNow101

All of this contradiction can only be explained with a radical idea, found within the Gnostic scripts. It is that the God of the Old Testament, called Yaldaboath or Sakla, the ignorant God of the material realm, is quite seperate from the Father of Light, from which all emenates. Just think about it. Jesus said, did he not, that nobody has ever seen the Father? In the Old Testament, did Moses meet with the Father of Light or the Creator of this Universe? Did not Jesus say that Satan is the God of this world? What conclusions can we come to? Do we have the heart to say that there may be more than one creator of seperate planes of existence? Or is that too big of a leap of faith for most?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
well a simple question if God created all and is love where does Evil come from.,
why not just destroy it all and start again?

what right does he have to watch millions of children suffer?,

i can not justify that and that would be my first question when i stand before him/her with my head up no grovelling. i just need the justification from his/ her lips...

Where indeed...?

Ashley-Yin

Im a happy little Lesbian
another question that is a bit of a sticker for me..
god destroyed all when he asked Noah to save his family and all the animals.. okay i can stretch to that... but does that not mean then that all man was created through incest?
only Noah's family repopulated the earth! scarry.. :thud:
lol yeah shouldnt we all be arabic and light brown as well?
or maybe the generations of peoples skin colour changed really quickly, was there so little species back then? and why havent historians etc said the same thing?

Well this isnt SPARTA.