• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I jumped from the second story window of this apartment what would happen to me ?

Massimo2002

Oh, I see. That's ridiculous. A normal thinking person would not want to try such a stunt in any case. Maybe you should spend your time thinking about more constructive things, like helping people. Anyway, hope you get better, really I do.
Ignore my response I didn't read your post here.

Massimo2002

I have found that you don't need to jump, just accommodate to being at heights. It gets better with time (and worse once you stop being at heights). Get a ladder, climb as far as you feel comfortable, take a deep breath and descend slowly. Repeat daily until you can do it without fear.
If you need to jump, jump from the lowest rung on the first day and go higher one by one each day until it hurts. Tape you ankles tight. You may not break any bone but you will know what is a safe height to jump from.
Wouldn't a ladder be taller than the middle window of the apartment ?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
As I said before I mainly want to do it to get rid of my fear of heights and to see what pain I would feel.
Why? I know some people who are afraid of heights but they don't try to jump to see if they would hurt themselves. I was never afraid of the subway, but I was aware there are some nuts that would push people into the tracks. So I didn't get too close to the edge. I'm not afraid of heights but I have a certain fear that if I go in an airplane it might crash. And I might get hurt. I also know that cars crash. I know I can fall out of bed or trip. I don't try to experiment with these things but protect myself.
My mother would tell me when she got upset with me to go hit my head on the wall. I tried that when I was very young but it hurt a little bit, I didn't do it too hard, so I stopped banging my head on the wall. I hope no one is telling you to jump out the window. If someone told me to jump out the window I'm sure I would not try it. One reason is because I'd be AFRAID OF GETTING HURT. And it sounds ridiculous to try it to see how hurt you would get.

YoursTrue

Wouldn't a ladder be taller than the middle window of the apartment ?
I'm afraid of ladders. Well not really afraid of them but afraid I will fall off a ladder so if I have to go on a ladder I am very, v-e-r-y careful and only go if I absolutely have to. Which is not very often, thankfully. Do you see a psychologist?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm afraid of ladders. Well not really afraid of them but afraid I will fall off a ladder so if I have to go on a ladder I am very, v-e-r-y careful and only go if I absolutely have to. Which is not very often, thankfully. Do you see a psychologist?
I'm actually afraid of heights, like the OP. :D

YoursTrue

My aunt was afraid of falling in the tracks of the subway in NYC but she went to work using the subway anyway. Am I afraid? No, but -- as I said, I figure there are nuts around and so don't get too close to the tracks lest some nutjob wants to throw me in the tracks. I wouldn't jump though to test things out.

Massimo2002

No I do not see a psychologist.

YoursTrue

You're not the only one. I had a friend who was afraid to go over a bridge. Never could figure why. I'm more afraid of going in an airplane than traveling over a bridge. But if I have to I'll go on a plane. I prefer taking a car ride. But I know accidents can happen in a car. OK, when I'm walking. Or I can have a heart attack when I'm sleeping. So???

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You're not the only one. I had a friend who was afraid to go over a bridge. Never could figure why. I'm more afraid of going in an airplane than traveling over a bridge. But if I have to I'll go on a plane. I prefer taking a car ride. But I know accidents can happen in a car. OK, when I'm walking. Or I can have a heart attack when I'm sleeping. So???
I'm afraid of planes. Bridges used to make me nervous, but I got over it.

I think the fear factor with planes is there's little chance of survival if there's an error. In a car, I have more control, and higher chances of walking away.

Massimo2002

They come in all sizes but, yes, some would be even taller than the middle window. If you can into or out of that window via ladder without fear, wouldn't that already be a great achievement?
That would be an achievement but that kinda feels like cheating to me anyway.