• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I jumped from the second story window of this apartment what would happen to me ?

Massimo2002

I think you would at the very least walk away with a broken leg!

But you would also run the risk of dying or breaking your back

Don't do it!!!!
There's no way that I would die or break my back from the second story window that's 6ft unless I perposly landed on my back or head first. I seriously doubt that I would even break my leg. Anchlel or foot maybe but probably nothing else to And even that I doubt.

Brian2

Veteran Member
I want to jump from my middle window because I want to conquer my fear of heights one and for all and I am genuinely interested to see if the middle window is a high height or if it's not that high and I want to see if I feel any pain and if so how bad and if I break any bones or anything this may sound stupid but I have a curiosity with this and manily I want to not be scared anymore of heights.

You might end up more scared of heights after hurting yourself.
But we have a fear of heights for a reason.
It is becoming to blase' around heights can be dangerous. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that.
It is possible to keep your fear of heights and mindfulness of what could happen if you fall, while overcoming that fear by placing yourself in high places.
I end up on high roofs and ladders but at the same time allow my fear to guide me about what is not safe for me.
We are all different and it does not really matter if I am more or less scared of heights than other people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but at the same time it is not good to have a overpowering fear of heights (or maybe of anything) that causes us to freeze in certain situations.
Interestingly the middle line of windows in that building is not much higher than the front door. Jumping onto soft grass from the middle line looks safe enough. Then again I know someone who stepped down from a few rungs up a ladder and managed to break his leg and spend 3 months in hospital and is still on crutches.
Maybe work up to it so that your bones have time to strengthen.

Last edited:

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
There's no way that I would die or break my back from the second story window that's 6ft unless I perposly landed on my back or head first. I seriously doubt that I would even break my leg. Anchlel or foot maybe but probably nothing else to And even that I doubt.
You could be unpleasantly surprised

Humans aren't built to fall out of windows

When I was at university someone died from falling from a similar type of hight

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
You could be unpleasantly surprised

Humans aren't built to fall out of windows

When I was at university someone died from falling from a similar type of hight

He wasn't nicknamed "Pud" was he. When i was at uni a guy tried to fly out of a window and died

exchemist

Veteran Member
No it's an normal apartment.
OK, just thought I should check, as your question struck me as not indicative of good mental equilibrium.;) Sometimes it helps to find out a bit more about posters on the forum.

It looks as if the ceilings in this building are not too high, so jumping from the 2nd floor might well not kill you, but just result in broken legs, back or neck. So could be a permanent wheelchair job. If you were to jump onto one of those awnings over the entrances, you might get away with just a sprain and some bruises.

Heyo

Veteran Member
What is the right way to land and what does Go with the fall mean ?

This is an informational video and not teaching! Don't try jumping on these instructions, they are not wrong but they are incomplete!

Step 4 shows "going with the fall". You can train that anywhere where some kind of acrobatics is taught. Building up to jumping down, you can train to jump up, you can skip, squat and lift to strengthen your leg muscles and your ankles. It's the same muscles and the same moves (in reverse) that decelerate your fall. You can do that by yourself or in a gym.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I seriously doubt that I would break anything or have internal problems unless I jumped from the roof but the middle window is about 6ft so a 6ft fall yes I could break my anchlel or foot but that's about it.

It is obviously more than 6 feet, the ceiling of the floor below must be at least 7ft 6in being the legal minimum, possibly higher, thrn there is the joist space above at least 9 inches, and the floor material of the apartment above. Assuming the window goes right to the floor include the frame and you are looking at a minimum of 8ft 6inches.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It is obviously more than 6 feet, the ceiling of the floor below must be at least 7ft 6in being the legal minimum, possibly higher, thrn there is the joist space above at least 9 inches, and the floor material of the apartment above. Assuming the window goes right to the floor include the frame and you are looking at a minimum of 8ft 6inches.
Look again at the photo. What seems to be the ground floor is really a souterrain.

Massimo2002

Thanks I didn't know that.