• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If I jumped from the second story window of this apartment what would happen to me ?

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I'm afraid of planes. Bridges used to make me nervous, but I got over it.

I think the fear factor with planes is there's little chance of survival if there's an error. In a car, I have more control, and higher chances of walking away.
I figure that way too. I will take a plane if I have to though, but would rather take the car. Years ago I went to a lecture by a popular psychologist (I forget his name) and he discussed what he considered as the absurdity of the fear of flying. Using statistics. But anyway, I'm not happy with plane rides, even though statistically the percentage is probably higher with car accidents.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm actually afraid of heights, like the OP. :D
I'm also, or more precisely, my knees are. I cramp up when I have to stand on a shaky ladder at just 2 meters of height. But when I know I'm somewhat safe (secure footing or roped in) I can go higher. And if I'm doing it frequently the cramps go away even on shaky ground and greater height.

YoursTrue

I'm afraid of planes. Bridges used to make me nervous, but I got over it.

I think the fear factor with planes is there's little chance of survival if there's an error. In a car, I have more control, and higher chances of walking away.
I've never been particularly afraid of going on a bridge. What frightened you about crossing over a bridge? I assume you mean by car or perhaps walking on a walkway on a bridge? They're pretty sturdy I would say.

YoursTrue

OK, @Massimo2002 please stay safe. Don't jump out of a window PLEASE DON'T. I'm going to sleep now and hope I don't trip on my way to bed. I have a bad leg. Good night and I'll let you know I look forward to better things...:) take care. be careful. don't jump out a window. PLEASE...not even to see how hurt you'll be. Please? OK?????

flowerpower

How much pain would I be in ? Is there a way of jumping from the window without any fear or feeling any pain ?

I don't think the pain you'd experience would be your biggest problem.

First of all, I seriously doubt you'd die unless you were really unfortunate or hit the ground awkwardly or had a preexisting condition that made you more vulnerable to the consequences to the fall - maybe you'd break a bunch of bones and suffer damage to internal organs and like suffer internal and external bleeding (possibly sustaining chronic or permanent damage to yourself).

You could also paralyze yourself or make yourself permanently physically disabled.

Then, whatever hospital you get admitted to would likely put you on at least a 72-hour psychiatric hold which will not only put you on record as being mentally unstable but you'd also have to suffer the boredom and anxiety that goes along with a stay in the psych ward of a hospital as your only daily task involves trying to convince a bunch of psychiatrists that you aren't any risk to yourself or others so you can get released. Like jail but with less street cred and less interesting people. Why would you want to do that to yourself? Pretty stupid way to pass the time.

Long story short - really really bad idea.

Massimo2002

OK, @Massimo2002 please stay safe. Don't jump out of a window PLEASE DON'T. I'm going to sleep now and hope I don't trip on my way to bed. I have a bad leg. Good night and I'll let you know I look forward to better things...:) take care. be careful. don't jump out a window. PLEASE...not even to see how hurt you'll be. Please? OK?????
I probably won't because I am scared anyway but thanks for caring I appreciate it I have ocd thoughts so I can't help what I think about.

stvdv

Veteran Member
If I had such desire, I would start jumping from my bed (70cm), and every day 10cm higher. Soon I will figure out "enough is enough"

At least I tried it, so naturally this desire got transformed without me dying in the proces, and I still have the chance to test my other desires

Massimo2002

I don't think the pain you'd experience would be your biggest problem.

First of all, I seriously doubt you'd die unless you were really unfortunate or hit the ground awkwardly or had a preexisting condition that made you more vulnerable to the consequences to the fall - maybe you'd break a bunch of bones and suffer damage to internal organs and like suffer internal and external bleeding (possibly sustaining chronic or permanent damage to yourself).

You could also paralyze yourself or make yourself permanently physically disabled.

Then, whatever hospital you get admitted to would likely put you on at least a 72-hour psychiatric hold which will not only put you on record as being mentally unstable but you'd also have to suffer the boredom and anxiety that goes along with a stay in the psych ward of a hospital as your only daily task involves trying to convince a bunch of psychiatrists that you aren't any risk to yourself or others so you can get released. Like jail but with less street cred and less interesting people. Why would you want to do that to yourself? Pretty stupid way to pass the time.

Long story short - really really bad idea.
I seriously doubt that I would break anything or have internal problems unless I jumped from the roof but the middle window is about 6ft so a 6ft fall yes I could break my anchlel or foot but that's about it.

flowerpower

I seriously doubt that I would break anything or have internal problems unless I jumped from the roof but the middle window is about 6ft so a 6ft fall yes I could break my anchlel or foot but that's about it.

You don't want that psych ward stuff though; it's a real drag.

Or maybe you do?

It's possible that this is the entire point of this thread of yours though - a cry for help?

I'm actually not even being facetious about this either - I get it, I've been there a million times myself - lots of veiled, sometimes passive aggressive cries for help, sometimes aggressive aggressive cries for help including actual suicide threats and negative attention seeking from me when I've been in distress and don't know where to turn. Some of the dumb **** I've done over the last 20 years actually makes me laugh when I reflect upon it - I share this with you because I'm a living breathing example of the fact that these thoughts and feelings will inevitably pass in one way or another - change being the only constant in life.

If this is what is really going on, I'd suggest asking for help from the appropriate people. If that happens to be hospital (even presenting to emergency) then it'll be worth it - I know I'm just a stranger on a forum but, like I said, I've been in unbelievable distress, wild mental states and dark, seemingly hopeless, places.

I'll make two important assumptions about you that I am willing to bet money that are true: (1) you don't really want to do something to yourself that might have permanent regrettable consequences; (2) you want help but don't know how to seek it or don't have faith that the help you'll be offered will be effective.

Bottom line is - ask for help. There's no shame in it and it's actually a reflection of a kind of strength and might actually be the beginning of something beautiful that you might never have known existed or that you were capable of experiencing.

I guarantee that things will get better for you if you reach out for appropriate help and care.

Or maybe this thread is a big goof and my post is sappy lol. But this mental health stuff is pretty close to my heart. It works.

:heart:x

Jedster

I was in an accident a few years ago when I broke & dislocated my ankle. I was in agony for more than a year and I am only now beginning to walk normally again. Putting the dislocation back into place was most agonizing.
Please don't do it.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
How much pain would I be in ? Is there a way of jumping from the window without any fear or feeling any pain ?

Depends how you landed and whether you go with the fall*.

If you really want to overcome your fear of heights how about parachute jumping. *You will first be taught how to land then possibly try it out by jumping from a high (about 15ft) platform.

If you don't know how to land then don't do it, it's not worth the risk of agonising pain or worse

Eddi

Believer in God
Premium Member
I think you would at the very least walk away with a broken leg!

But you would also run the risk of dying or even breaking your back

Don't do it!!!!

Massimo2002

Depends how you landed and whether you go with the fall*.

If you really want to overcome your fear of heights how about parachute jumping. *You will first be taught how to land then possibly try it out by jumping from a high (about 15ft) platform.

If you don't know how to land then don't do it, it's not worth the risk of agonising pain or worse
What is the right way to land and what does Go with the fall mean ?