• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If Jesus was God, explain this verse...

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Thanks.

There's an old saying that one cannot find good answers unless they ask good questions, and I feel that sometimes we're not asking the good questions. For whatever reason, God (or Gods) have not chosen to reveal themselves openly for all to see, which pretty much leads me to feel that maybe we're looking for God(s) in the wrong place, namely outside of ourselves and outside of Nature. It may well be that "We are That" and maybe "All is That".

BTW, welcome here to RF.

Thanks for that.I would say that the end comments were right.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I didn't say love wasnt required, I know for sure it is, but so is truth. Daniel 12:4--true knowledge would become abundant here in these last days.

I Cor 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.
13 But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

I believe this says love is greater than truth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Actually it is subjective in regards to its application since it is a process and not an answer.

Why do you say that? There are a great many Jews and even some non-Jews that think it is. As for me, I've got mixed feelings about it, but I also have a lot of mixed feelings about a lot of things, including the Bible itself.

The one thing about theology is that it's darn near impossible to prove anything false. For example, please provide evidence that Arjuna didn't speak with Vishnu as recorded in the Bagavad Gita? Or even provide evidence that Vishnu doesn't exist as a manifestation of God? Or provide evidence that your church is even slightly on the right track? Provide evidence that the Bible is divinely inspired? Provide evidence that the Qur'an is less reliable than the Bible?

This is not to say that Christianity is not logical, but simply that your logical conclusions will largely depend on what you accept to be true with the foundational base that you accept, which in reality cannot be objectively established as being correct. This is why there are so many religions and so many denominations/branches within these religions.

I believe that is like saying hogs whistle becasue they don't know how to speak Yiddish.

I believe the truth is that the process contains an answer ie the conclusion. Application has nothing to do with it. the logic is either valid or it is not and there is no way that can be subjective.

I believe it is due to the fact that the Talmud contains the thoughts of men who constantly err but the Bible contains the inspired word of God.

I believe I have never had any trouble doing so.

Don't you mean Krishna? I don't remember seeing anything about Vishnu in the Gita. At any rate Krishna says that animals have souls but I have it from God that they do not. So from my perspective Krishna is only repeating Hindu teaching because He isn't God incarnate and doesn't know any better.

What did you have in mind? I believe encouraging people to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior is the right track and my church does that.

I believe this makes sense since no logical deduction can be made if nothing is viewed as true. For the conclusions to be true the premises must be true also.
Some things are self evident such as one and one equaling two.

Some things are not self evident and the evidence is subjective but why would subjective experience be ruled out. If I have been to Washington DC and seen the Washington Monument then why would my subjective evidence be any worse than a picture of the Washington Moonument?

I believe there are a number of reasons including the tendency of men to make errors and also a tndency for different people to have different religious preferences.

kjw47

I Cor 13:12 For now we see in a mirror, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know fully even as also I was fully known.
13 But now abideth faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

I believe this says love is greater than truth.

Love is--every Christian on earth knows it--but truth is required as well--The Father is searching for suchlike ones to worship him in spirit and truth.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I believe that is like saying hogs whistle becasue they don't know how to speak Yiddish.

I believe the truth is that the process contains an answer ie the conclusion. Application has nothing to do with it. the logic is either valid or it is not and there is no way that can be subjective.

I believe it is due to the fact that the Talmud contains the thoughts of men who constantly err but the Bible contains the inspired word of God.

I believe I have never had any trouble doing so.

Don't you mean Krishna? I don't remember seeing anything about Vishnu in the Gita. At any rate Krishna says that animals have souls but I have it from God that they do not. So from my perspective Krishna is only repeating Hindu teaching because He isn't God incarnate and doesn't know any better.

What did you have in mind? I believe encouraging people to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior is the right track and my church does that.

I believe this makes sense since no logical deduction can be made if nothing is viewed as true. For the conclusions to be true the premises must be true also.
Some things are self evident such as one and one equaling two.

Some things are not self evident and the evidence is subjective but why would subjective experience be ruled out. If I have been to Washington DC and seen the Washington Monument then why would my subjective evidence be any worse than a picture of the Washington Moonument?

I believe there are a number of reasons including the tendency of men to make errors and also a tndency for different people to have different religious preferences.

You have not established one single thing that answers my questions, which is of no surprise since you can't since beliefs are virtually unfalsifiable. Beliefs are not evidence, and for some reason you seem to be oblivious to that.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

Jesus didn't claim to be God. If anyone even casually looks over the new testament, it's OBVIOUS that Jesus was not intended to be viewed as God. My opinion.

Farrukh

Jeremiah 10:6 says
"No one is like you, LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power."
it is clearly mentioning no one is like God, it is definition of God, if God is like human beings, then he is no more a God.

jtartar

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

If Jesus was God, why was he tempted by the Devil? Can God be tempted by the Devil, his own creation?

Granted, he passed the test. But if he was God... Why was there a test in the first place? Does God need to test himself?

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above.

Aamer,
I too have been looking, for a long time for any scriptures that say that Jesus is THE ONLY TRUE GOD, mentioned at John 17:3.
To us Jesus is a god, because he is so much greater than we are, in fact the Bible says that Jesus is a mighty god, Isa 9:6,7, but NOT THE ALMIGHTY GOD, whose Personal Name is Jehovah, Ex 6:2,3, 3:13-15. Isa 42:8, Any place in most Bibles where the titles lord or God are in capitals, the original writings had THE TETRAGRAMMATON, YHWH or JHVH, four Hebrew letters that was the Hebrew word for Jehovah.
In Isa 9:6,7 the word for mighty god is el gibbohr,or gibbowr, the word for Almighty God is EL Shadday. Not the same!!!
The term Almighty is DEFINITELY, Mutually Exclusive, meaning only ONE can be Almighty!!!
Jesus himself said that his Father was the ONLY TRUE GOD, John 17:3, that his Father is GREATER than he is, John 14:28, Luke 18:18, and that he lives because of the Father, John 6:57 , and God is both his Father and his God, John 20:17, Prov 23:22.

kjw47

it is clearly mentioning no one is like God, it is definition of God, if God is like human beings, then he is no more a God.

In the ot- anywhere-GOD-LORD in all capitols--Gods personal name belongs--YHWH(Jehovah)

Muffled

Jesus in me
You have not established one single thing that answers my questions, which is of no surprise since you can't since beliefs are virtually unfalsifiable. Beliefs are not evidence, and for some reason you seem to be oblivious to that.

So if I say I believe that 1 + 1 = 1,096, you can't prove that to be false?

I believe that is true but all beliefs are based on something whether that someting is evidentiary or not.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus didn't claim to be God. If anyone even casually looks over the new testament, it's OBVIOUS that Jesus was not intended to be viewed as God. My opinion.

I believe the evidence does not support your opinion and that it is not obvious.

I believe He did.

I believe a casual look does not necessarily bring the incarnation to one's attention and is not very useful for forming beliefs.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe Jesus never claims to be like God only to be God.

I believe Jesus being God in the flesh does not make God like a human being. I believe if one believed that it would be blasphemy.

Bick

Quote from Aamer:
"Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

Are God and Jesus really one in the same? Please answer logically how this is possible given the verse above."

My comments: Jesus as the "Word", the expression of the invisible God, emptied himself of the glory and power he had with his Father before his incarnation. When tempted (tested) by the devil, it was as a human, yet one filled with God's Spirit beyond measure, was indeed tested, yet without giving in to the wiles of the devil.

God allowed Satan, the devil, to tempt Jesus to show us that when tempted we too should foil the devil's plans through believing in God's Word, just as Jesus did.

AS far as is revealed in Scripture, I believe there is God, the Father, Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit.

Prophet

breaking the statutes of my local municipality

Has anyone noted yet that, in this story, there is no one to witness it? It is clearly a fabrication appended to Jesus' life IMO.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I believe the evidence does not support your opinion and that it is not obvious.

I believe He did.

I believe a casual look does not necessarily bring the incarnation to one's attention and is not very useful for forming beliefs.

O.k., obvious in the sense that it is a rational conclusion from reading Scripture/

I don't think so, provide the verses in context then

But a casual look can be informative when utilized without pre-conceived notions.

Btw, either way, doesn't bother me, people can believe in Christianity in various manners.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Has anyone noted yet that, in this story, there is no one to witness it? It is clearly a fabrication appended to Jesus' life IMO.

I believe there is no evidence to support a fabrication and the Holy Spirit tells Paul that it is inspired by God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
O.k., obvious in the sense that it is a rational conclusion from reading Scripture/

I don't think so, provide the verses in context then

But a casual look can be informative when utilized without pre-conceived notions.

Btw, either way, doesn't bother me, people can believe in Christianity in various manners.

I believe one does not form conclusions from reading unless one is presuming, so I suggest that you provide your rationale.
John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

I believe it is more likely that a casual look from the uniinitaited tends towards false conclusions.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.

He emptied himself........

The Father is the One from which the Whole emanates.

The woman does not conceive alone but her partner cannot dictate what comes out of her.

The woman is the Image.

The Image gives birth to the Consciousness of the souls of Existence; she is the mother of all the living.

The woman has the power to kill ever before anything is born; she is ultimate death and ultimate life.

The Whole emanates from the Father.

The Father cannot kill.

The mother is the Whole. The Whole is everything.

The woman destroys the Father so she is free from him; she does this in the son.

The son is life.

Everything emanates from the son.

The son is the Father, the Father of the Mother, and she is sister to her son, the father of her.

The Whole emanates from the son. The son was killed.

The son gave life. The son is life. The son cannot kill.

The son died; everything comes from the son.

The Whole comes from the Father. The Whole is the Mother.

There is only One Existence. There is only one Moment.

J

johnpeter1970

Jesus is the Son of God!
And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. (Luke 4:3)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus is the Son of God!
And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. (Luke 4:3)

Also, other devils at Luke 4 v 41 thought Jesus to be the Christ the Son of God.

It is Christendom [so-called Christianity in name only ] that wrongly teaches Jesus is God
Jesus himself in answer said that he [ Jesus ] is the Son of God at John 10 v 36 B

John wrote in Revelation 1 v 5; 3 v 14 that Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God.
God had No beginning - Psalm 90 v 2
Only God was before the beginning, so Jesus was Not before the beginning as God was.
The heavenly resurrected Jesus at Rev. 3 v 12 still thinks he has a God over him.