• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Theory of Evolution is true what does it prove?

gnostic

The Lost One
biblestudent_007 said:
ToE explains how a biological species adapt,mutate,evolve,and change over time. (Darwinism)

Yes, that's what the theory explain about evolutionary biology...in short.

But do you think what this theory explain, to be true?

And Darwin may have provided the theory for evolutionary science, but the theory have expanded and advanced since then.

The evidences from fossils found and examined from Darwin's time to today, as well as genetic that have been investigated, have validated the theory time and time again.

In evolution biology, scientific method is used a technique to objectively investigate matter and acquire knowledge, as all other fields of science.

What I don't understand is why you make ludicrous statements, like these below?

biblestudent_007 said:
To me, the scientific method is not that big of a deal.
biblestudent_007 said:
You're simply exalting science as some kind of trump card.

Biblestudent_007

In evolution biology, scientific method is used a technique to objectively investigate matter and acquire knowledge, as all other fields of science.

What I don't understand is why you make ludicrous statements, like these below?

Because, from what I understand so far . . .there is some kind of "science idol" . .

Well, some people idolize money, some people idolize sex, some people idolize witchcraft, some science.

In terms of the benefits it has bestowed upon manking science eclipses pretty much everything else that has been discovered or invented by the human race. The simply act of testing ideas against the natural world, persuing those that aren't disproven, and modifying or discarding those that are, has lead to revolution in our understanding of the universe and the development of technologies and practices to increase our quality of life.

You label appreciation of science as idolotry only because its led us away from the dogma of your religion and undermined its privilaged status in society. In a way individuals like you are jealous of science because it has accomplished in so little time what your religion could never hope to accomplish.

Science has earned the respect its granted.

gnostic

The Lost One
biblestudent_007 said:
Well, some people idolize money, some people idolize sex, some people idolize witchcraft, some science.

Ok, from that perspective, then you could say that Christians idolize books, such as their bible. Or their patron saints or their angels, for Catholic people. Or their crucifixes.

And when you think about it, they also idolize building, like their churches. Or city, because they consider Jerusalem to be a holy city, hence this city is their idol. Or the Vatican. People who go on pilgrim to the Holy Land, and idolize the supposed "tomb" of Jesus (Holy Sepulchre).

Then there are those holy relics. The blood of such and such saint, or the hair or hand of such and such saint.

Do I need to go on?

The Exodus 20, was quite clear about idol worshipping, but many of these Christians failed to heed such Commandment.

So again, you are still making ludicrous statements at the same time about people in science, but failing to see the flaw in your own thinking and comments. Jesus warn you of hypocrisy in the gospels, and yet you fail to heed.

Biblestudent_007

Ok, from that perspective, then you could say that Christians idolize books, such as their bible. Or their patron saints or their angels, for Catholic people. Or their crucifixes.

And when you think about it, they also idolize building, like their churches. Or city, because they consider Jerusalem to be a holy city, hence this city is their idol. Or the Vatican. People who go on pilgrim to the Holy Land, and idolize the supposed "tomb" of Jesus (Holy Sepulchre).

Then there are those holy relics. The blood of such and such saint, or the hair or hand of such and such saint.

Do I need to go on?

The Exodus 20, was quite clear about idol worshipping, but many of these Christians failed to heed such Commandment.

So again, you are still making ludicrous statements at the same time about people in science, but failing to see the flaw in your own thinking and comments. Jesus warn you of hypocrisy in the gospels, and yet you fail to heed.

Umm, no :no: The Divine Liturgy is the biblical "establishment" of the Old Testament.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Umm, no :no: The Divine Liturgy is the biblical "establishment" of the Old Testament.

This has nothing to do with the fact that the religious, especially chistian, muslims and jews, have a lot of idol worshiping going on.

Personally I don't idolize science but I have a lot of respect for scientist's hard work. I have a great appreciation of the Scientific Method and the ability of science to self correct.

gnostic

The Lost One
dirty penguin said:
Personally I don't idolize science but I have a lot of respect for scientist's hard work.

Me too.

dirty penguin said:
I have a great appreciation of the Scientific Method and the ability of science to self correct.

Me too.