• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Theory of Evolution is true what does it prove?

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
People who have faith/religious beliefs are self-deluded? Can you elaborate please.
I wasn't saying that you were self-deluded. I was saying that other people of faith who disagree with you have equally strong opinions that they perceived the truth. In their eyes, you are deluded and they are not. In your eyes, they are deluded. How do you know that they are wrong and you are right? For that matter, how do you know that any people of faith are right? You have said that you trained yourself to know the truth. What do you know that people of equally strong, but opposing, faith do not?

Biblestudent_007

I wasn't saying that you were self-deluded. I was saying that other people of faith who disagree with you have equally strong opinions that they perceived the truth. In their eyes, you are deluded and they are not. In your eyes, they are deluded. How do you know that they are wrong and you are right? For that matter, how do you know that any people of faith are right? You have said that you trained yourself to know the truth. What do you know that people of equally strong, but opposing, faith do not?

Are you are a logician? Interesting. I would say that we are all learning about truth and have different views and opinions of it. As a believer, I believe the in scriptures and in the holy Church of God. Faith is a mystery and no I don't have all the answers.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
Are you are a logician? Interesting. I would say that we are all learning about truth and have different views and opinions of it. As a believer, I believe the in scriptures and in the holy Church of God. Faith is a mystery and no I don't have all the answers.
Biblestudent, I asked you a straightforward question, but you did not answer it. What makes you think that your belief in your scriptures and "the holy Church of God" are true and not simply delusions? Clearly, you believe that other people of religious faith are deluded in their conviction that you are wrong. People who disagree with you have sacrificed their lives in the name of their false religion, so you cannot claim your conviction is stronger than those deluded by false faith. What puts you in a position to know more than others?

Biblestudent_007

Biblestudent, I asked you a straightforward question, but you did not answer it. What makes you think that your belief in your scriptures and "the holy Church of God" are true and not simply delusions? Clearly, you believe that other people of religious faith are deluded in their conviction that you are wrong. People who disagree with you have sacrificed their lives in the name of their false religion, so you cannot claim your conviction is stronger than those deluded by false faith. What puts you in a position to know more than others?

Oh man, that's atheism. I'll just disagree and move on.

Last edited:

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie

Disagree with what?
Copernicus asked a question that has nothing to do with atheism.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
/ThreadKill Delete *
roflmao.gif

David M

No its not, its a question asking about your certainty when compared to members of other religions or of the same religion as you who hold different views on some things. You are dodging the question.