• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If the Theory of Evolution is true what does it prove?

Biblestudent_007

Again, what makes you think that you are in a position to know the difference? From what I can see, you are no more qualified than anyone else to know the difference. Everyone who pursues a religious faith claims to know the truth. How do you know that you are any different from those who are merely self-deluded?

People who have faith/religious beliefs are self-deluded? Can you elaborate please.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
AHA! If evolution were true, why don't I see crockoducks living in the Canadian Far North where I live!? I've got you now, Darwinian Evolutionists!!!! You're on the ropes!!!

Biblestudent_007

But faith is not a virtue. In fact, I would argue that it is a vice. Faith encourages credulity, ignorance and gullibility and discourages rationality and reason.

I don't agree. I've read bits and parts of the Philokalia and what you're saying is the opposite of what faith produces in the form of virtue.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
The question was directed at Copernicus for specific reasons. You did try and hijack the thread :rolleyes:

It happens all the time, get over it and yourself while you're at it.

Its not hijacking the thread, that would be diverting the course of the thread. I simply responded to a post.

Do you only expect opinions from one person? Wouldn't that give you quite a narrow view of the subject?