• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there could be a God, couldn't people experience him?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there could be a God, why couldn't people experience him?
OK, my two cents: Certainly there could be a God, and one could certainly experience Him. One can create all the Gods one wants.

otokage007

If we could experience God there would be no atheist of course.

Wait, coming to think of it... if we could experience God there would be no reason to have faith that he exists, so there would be no reason to be religious so... We all would be atheist! :eek:

Anyway, it would be great if that happens, but I fear we will never have the pleasure to meet our Maker because I fear he doesn't even exist :)U

I have read some people talking of ancient men who experienced God. Well I think what they experienced is marihuana most likely.

atanu

Premium Member
If we could experience God there would be no atheist of course.

Wait, coming to think of it... if we could experience God there would be no reason to have faith that he exists, so there would be no reason to be religious so... We all would be atheist! :eek:

Anyway, it would be great if that happens, but I fear we will never have the pleasure to meet our Maker because I fear he doesn't even exist :)U

I have read some people talking of ancient men who experienced God. Well I think what they experienced is marihuana most likely.

Well. This logic works both ways.

atanu

Premium Member
OK, my two cents: Certainly there could be a God, and one could certainly experience Him. One can create all the Gods one wants.

I think it is still a progress to objectify the self and place it higher than the ego.