• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a life after death.....

If there will be a life after Death....which one of the choices makes more sense:

• Our soul continues to live on, but we never get a physical body again

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Our soul comes back in another body, as in incarnation

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • There will be a physical Resurrection at the End, and we will come back to life

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Please Note: this question is based on assumption that there will be a life after Death
If there is a life after death, and (as is very generally asserted) its length is unlimited, then it can't be by resurrection or other physical means, since our sun has a use-by date.

So it would have to be a soul.

If the soul has no self-awareness, no identity, then it would be the same thing as being dead.

If the soul is self-aware then the three things that can be said about its existence with certainty are that

(1) it would be totally pointless and
(2) it would very soon be excruciatingly boring and
(3) you'd be vastly better off dead.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Like I said, cherry picking definitions.

Disagree. Let's review.

You conveniently left out:

6: a way or manner of living​
the life of the colonists​

Colonists aren't physical organic entities?

9: an animating and shaping force or principle​
the life of the constitution … has been not logic but experience—F. A. Ogg & Harold Zink​

Metaphor. I covered this when I gave the example of "lifetime of the sun" or "living volcano"

10: SPIRIT, ANIMATION​
saw no life in her dancing​

Same as above: metaphor

11: the form or pattern of something existing in reality​
painted from life​

keyword "reality"

12: the period of duration, usefulness, or popularity of something​
the expected life of the batteries​

ie "lifetime of the sun"

14: a property (such as resilience (see RESILIENCE sense 1) or elasticity) of an inanimate (see INANIMATE sense 1) substance or object resembling the animate quality of a living being​

again same as above

16​
a: human activities​
b: animate activity and movement​

again physical

What I find even more interesting is you go from:

To:

Now if you do not see a problem here...

No, I do not see a problem.

Look closely at what I actually wrote:

Whenever someone refers to life, any living thing

That would exclude metaphorical uses of the word.

Hermit Philosopher

Selflessly here for you
But this presupposes that a "soul" exists. What evidence do you have for that?

I can see, touch, and measure bodies, thus, I believe they exist. I cannot do this for souls. Doesn't this put them in the same category as leprechauns and invisible pink unicorns?
In my opinion, no.

I feel that I feel and know my own “soul” - it’s not the sort of thing one can describe to another in words though… yet, it’s not dissimilar to the feeling of knowing that I like/dislike an “atmosphere” for instance.

I cannot myself recall feeling pink unicorns within me. Though I’m sure that doing so would be pleasant and I cannot claim that no one else feels that they do feel pink unicorns within themselves; in which case, they’re likely to believe in the existence of pink unicorns.

Humbly,
Hermit

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My body is not speaking to you .. I am.
Not without a body. If you leave it and don't find another, unless you find another way to modify matter, we'll never know you still exist.
Only the scriptures of the true religions that were revealed by Messengers of God are right

1698672588898.png

The Force is fictional. We know it does not exist since we know it is made up for Star Wars, purely for entertainment purposes.
That's reason enough to not take the claim of The Force existing seriously, but it doesn't mean that The Force doesn't exist. You can't prove it doesn't exist. Maybe The Force was subtly channeling itself through the writers, who were functioning as unwitting Messengers of The Force thinking that they were writing fiction. It's in the script, which is etymologically related to scripture.

This argument is as convincing and compelling as any religion's, and also can only be believed by faith.

The same things can be said about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You can't prove it doesn't exist or that it isn't manifesting in the minds of men since last century. You can say that you know that it was made up, but you can't say that it doesn't exist and didn't cause men to unwittingly intuit its existence and channel its noodly image to artists. Nor do you feel any need to do anything in order to not believe it does. Nor do you need to say that it doesn't exist to reject the claim that it does, the hard part for many theists to grasp - people who continually morph "I don't believe in gods" to "The atheist says gods don't exist."
By contrast we do not know that the soul does not exist, or that it was made up, and you cannot come up with a 'reason' why anyone would make it up.
I can. It's simple subtraction and fear of extinction following death. Somebody drops dead: Live body minus dead body = animating principle.

Life is a kind of fire burning continuously (metabolism), but with no visible flame like a candle. The calorie (from the Latin for heat, calor) content of a food is the measure of the heat it generates when oxidized, which requires oxygen in aerobic life. This is why our bodies are warm while alive and cool with death. Analogously, it is the wax that is oxidized when a candle burn, also generating heat as well as CO2 and H2O, just like us.

Now do the same subtraction with a candle: Burning candle minus non-burning candle = flickering flame. Where did the "soul" of the candle go when the wind blew it out? To heaven? To another candle? We have no reason to believe either of those ideas. Likewise with so-called human souls. The animating principle is in the metabolism and the energy it liberates from the metabolism of fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. Metaphorically, we are candles burning until the fire goes out at death. The concept of soul is simply a misunderstanding of what death is - the extinguishing of a metaphorical flame.
Just because a entity or thing is unfalsifiable that does not mean it is true or false. It could be true or false. just because something cannot be shown to be real, that doesn't mean it is not real.
Just like The Force.
I do not believe we can SEE God's actions in this world.
That makes the notion of a god irrelevant. Whatever can be said to not affect reality can be treated as not real. Of course, I don't believe that you mean what you wrote, since you consider Messengers to be a god acting and manifesting through men.
I know because it was revealed in scriptures. That is where religious truths are located.
This is a metaphorical use of the word truth. The literal meaning of truth is the quality that facts possess, facts being linguistic strings (sentences) that accurately map some aspect of discernible reality. This information, collectively called knowledge, is only available empirically. Other kinds of claims and beliefs are not literally truth. This metaphorical definition is anything sincerely believed, which includes a lot of false and unfalsifiable beliefs, neither useful for anything, including what you are calling religious truth. You can't use any unfalsifiable dogma to anticipate outcomes or more profitably navigate life (metaphorical use of life).
The existence of a logical fallacy does not prove a belief is true or false.
But it does indicate that the conclusion derived through the fallacious (invalid) reasoning is not sound and therefore should not be believed.
Please bear in mind that the following criteria are my criteria which is based upon who I believe were Messengers of God, who met all these criteria. My criteria narrow the playing field and it will eliminate most claimants, since they will fail to meet all the criteria.
OK. Do you think others should believe what you believe as well? If so, why? What reason do they have to choose your religion or believe that those who you call Messengers aren't just ordinary people claiming to speak for a nonexistent god? The evidence I've seen offered for your deity is what appears to be the ordinary words of ordinary people saying and doing what many people do. I can write like that, and I could have lived like that. So could you, in my opinion.

I do agree it would be an easier way for everyone to believe that God exists by him physically revealing himself, but the God of the Bible who alone claims he created all things, has appeared in the past according the scripture, thru powerful supernatural events,.i.e. the plagues at Egypt, the parting of the red sea, raining manna from heaven, pouring out water from a rock, etc. and these did not cause many (even most of the Israelites) to truly honor, worship and Glorify God! As God. And this is what makes the difference between maybe merely believing that there is a God, opposed to truly believing IN GOD. We who believe today, truly believe with our whole being and know for absolute certain that God is real. We have experienced his forgiveness which is real, his love is real, and there is a sense and certainty revealed to us by God that he is God! albeit not a physical manifestion that God is Real. But I believe an even more powerful sense than actually seeing him with our physical eyes.
All of the beliefs come down to the word FAITH. And that includes anything that people believe whether it be evolution, aliens, or other gods. And the bible says Faith is the assurance of Things Hoped for and the evidence of things NOT seen. and then in the same Book of Hebrews, it says that Without Faith it is impossible to please God, for anyone who comes to him must believe that he is, that he exists. By doing so, and choosing to accept this by faith, God honors our believing in him and begins to supernaturall reveal himself to us in various ways.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That makes the notion of a god irrelevant. Whatever can be said to not affect reality can be treated as not real. Of course, I don't believe that you mean what you wrote, since you consider Messengers to be a god acting and manifesting through men.
Do you think that reality = this world. I mean do you think reality is limited to this world. There is a whole universe and this world is only a small part of it. Earth is not the only planet that exists and there are other solar systems that have their own planets.

Are there other solar systems?

The Short Answer: Our planetary system is the only one officially called “solar system,” but astronomers have discovered more than 3,200 other stars with planets orbiting them in our galaxy. Our solar system is just one specific planetary system—a star with planets orbiting around it.

How Many Solar Systems Are in Our Galaxy?

When were other solar systems discovered

In 1992, the first evidence of a planetary system other than our own was discovered, orbiting the pulsar PSR B1257+12. Three years later, 51 Pegasi b, the first extrasolar planet around a Sunlike star, was discovered.

Discovery and exploration of the Solar System - Wikipedia

Baha'u'llah knew that there were other planetary systems before astronomers discovered them.

“Verily I say, the creation of God embraceth worlds besides this world, and creatures apart from these creatures. In each of these worlds He hath ordained things which none can search except Himself, the All-Searching, the All-Wise.” Gleanings, pp. 152-153

“As to thy question concerning the worlds of God. Know thou of a truth that the worlds of God are countless in their number, and infinite in their range. None can reckon or comprehend them except God, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.” Gleanings, pp. 151-152

“Know thou that every fixed star hath its own planets, and every planet its own creatures, whose number no man can compute.” Gleanings, p. 163
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I said: I do not believe we can SEE God's actions in this world.
That does not mean God is not acting in this world, it only means that if God is acting, we cannot know the actions of God in this world.

You are correct. I consider Messengers to Manifestations of God, and the Messengers acted in this world, but that is not God acting since the Messengers are not God.
But it does indicate that the conclusion derived through the fallacious (invalid) reasoning is not sound and therefore should not be believed.
My conclusions were not derived through logical reasoning that contains premises and conclusions.
OK. Do you think others should believe what you believe as well?
No, I do not think that others should believe what I believe. People should only believe what makes sense to them.
What reason do they have to choose your religion or believe that those who you call Messengers aren't just ordinary people claiming to speak for a nonexistent god? The evidence I've seen offered for your deity is what appears to be the ordinary words of ordinary people saying and doing what many people do. I can write like that, and I could have lived like that. So could you, in my opinion.
The reason I believe is because of the evidence I have posted on this forum on numerous occasions. Obviously not everyone is going to view that evidence the same way since we all think with different minds. Our minds contain everything we know, everything we have learned over the course of a lifetime, but what you have learned is different from what I have learned. That is why you have a certain opinion about the evidence and I have a different opinion.

No, Jesus did not claim to be the creator of all the universe, of all living things. God is the creator of all the universe, of all living things.
God is the Authority on all matters pertaining to Life and death. God revealed that information to Jesus and Jesus passed it along to humanity.
Jesus did in many ways say he is God, but to be absolutely correct per his actual quoted words in scriptures he did not use those exact words, but the one who recorded his words did infact say that. The apostle John Said in the first chapter of John verse 1; In the beginning was the Word, and Word was with God and the Word Was God. Verse 2 He was with God in the beginning, Through him All things were made and without him nothing was made that was made. Jesus called himself "I AM", (John 8:58-59) the same Name God gave to Moses, He called himself the Light of the world, The WAY the TRUTH, the LIFE, The Resurrection and the Life, The Bread of Life, etc. I could go on with many more and then not to mention he was crucified by the religious leaders of his day for that very reason, but again Jesus did not use those exact words but that is exactly why he was put to death.
Matthew 26:63-65
63 The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

To most this can cause one to assume that he is another god, but this is not true and there are no contradictions in the whole counsel of God's word. Jesus is God the SON, and Then there is God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit but are all ONE GOD. This is a tremendous mystery, and noone can fully explain this but I believe if we could in our finite minds, then that would mean he is not God. I say this because many claim that all this is man made inventions from the mind of man and only fables. I ask!!! If this was the case why would one make it so seemingly incomprehensible for us. Why not simply make a god that everyone can so easily understand. The very fact that he is beyond our understanding, this One God who is FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT reveals but at the same time doesn't, the vast Power, Wisdom, and Nature of our Creator.

You can argue if you like that Jesus is not God, but that would be in contrast to the direct clear truths stated in scripture.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If everyone were free to invent their own criteria we'd have a billion different religions, wouldn't we?
True, but I can only list my own criteria, not someone else's, and I told you at the outset that they were my criteria which is based upon who I believe
So mirrored current Judeo-Christian principles...
Yes.
So was in good company with thousands of persons in mental health facilities or outpatient psychotics.
They might 'believe' that been given a mission by God, but they did not have a mission that was successfully carried out.
So was indistinguishable from thousands of other inspired, literate psychotics.
Very easily distinguishable.
Isn't the ability to amass followers typical of despots and cult leaders from time immemorial?
I did not say that He amassed followers. I said he had many followers. That is what religions have, followers.
The vagaries of politics?
And religions.
Just listen to yourself! A self-verifying mythology, verified with your own criteria, corresponding with your own mythos.
Hardly an objective assessment.
It was based upon who I believe were Messengers of God, who met all these criteria. I did not promise you anything else.
I'd expect the Author of the Universe to be capable of making His existence and His will clear and objective.
He did.
Agreed. In fact, I can't think of a single one.
First, establish the existence of God, with clear, objective evidence. Then we can talk about how S/He reveals Herself -- if at all.
The existence of God cannot first be established and then you look at how God revealed Himself, since there is no way to establish the existence of God without knowing how God revealed Himself.

God revealed Himself through the Messenger. You have to look at the Messenger because the existence of God can never be established except through the Messenger of God, which is the evidence God provided.
I'd think a God interested in being known would do a better job of revealing Herself -- with some objective evidence. Hard to imagine a God capable of creating an entire universe who can't make His existence or desires known universally.
God could make His existence and desires known universally if He wanted to, but He did not want to so He didn't.
God only does what God chooses to do not what people think he should do. That is basic to understanding God's actions.

“Say: O people! Let not this life and its deceits deceive you, for the world and all that is therein is held firmly in the grasp of His Will. He bestoweth His favor on whom He willeth, and from whom He willeth He taketh it away. He doth whatsoever He chooseth.” Gleanings, p. 209

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus did in many ways say he is God, but to be absolutely correct per his actual quoted words in scriptures he did not use those exact words, but the one who recorded his words did infact say that. The apostle John Said in the first chapter of John verse 1; In the beginning was the Word, and Word was with God and the Word Was God. Verse 2 He was with God in the beginning, Through him All things were made and without him nothing was made that was made. Jesus called himself "I AM", (John 8:58-59) the same Name God gave to Moses, He called himself the Light of the world, The WAY the TRUTH, the LIFE, The Resurrection and the Life, The Bread of Life, etc. I could go on with many more and then not to mention he was crucified by the religious leaders of his day for that very reason, but again Jesus did not use those exact words but that is exactly why he was put to death.
Matthew 26:63-65
63 The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

To most this can cause one to assume that he is another god, but this is not true and there are no contradictions in the whole counsel of God's word. Jesus is God the SON, and Then there is God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit but are all ONE GOD. This is a tremendous mystery, and noone can fully explain this but I believe if we could in our finite minds, then that would mean he is not God. I say this because many claim that all this is man made inventions from the mind of man and only fables. I ask!!! If this was the case why would one make it so seemingly incomprehensible for us. Why not simply make a god that everyone can so easily understand. The very fact that he is beyond our understanding, this One God who is FATHER, SON and HOLY SPIRIT reveals but at the same time doesn't, the vast Power, Wisdom, and Nature of our Creator.

You can argue if you like that Jesus is not God, but that would be in contrast to the direct clear truths stated in scripture.
You can argue if you like that Jesus is God, but that would be in contrast to the direct clear truths stated in Scripture.

Nothing in the Scriptures supports Jesus being God. The verses below explain why Jesus is not God, and why Jesus CANNOT be God.

Jesus claimed to reveal God, Whom He called Father, but Jesus differentiated Himself from God:

John 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself, even so gave he to the Son also to have life in himself:

John 8:40 But now ye seek to slay me, a man that have spoken to you [the] truth, that I heard of God; Abraham did not this thing.

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Jesus said that God was greater than He was:

Mark 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Matthew 4:10 Jesus said to him, 'Away from me, Satan! For it is written: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

How could Jesus pray to and go to the Father if Jesus WAS the God the Father?

John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

John 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Moreover, Jesus said that no man has ever seen God:

John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Jesus said He was from God and that God sent Him, again differentiating Himself from God:

John 17:3 And eternal life means to know you, the only true God, and to know Jesus Christ, whom you sent.

John 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not. 29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

Jesus even stated specifically that the Father had knowledge which was not possessed by the Son.

Matthew 24:36 No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Son, but the Father only.

Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Jesus referred to Himself as a Prophet, and was so regarded. Jesus never referred to Himself as God.

Matthew 13:57 And they were offended in him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own country, and in his own house.

Luke 13:33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem.

Matthew 21:11 And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

Luke 7:16 And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people.

Jesus IS NOT God Bible Quotes... Continued:

2 Corinthians 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

2 Corinthians 11:31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which is blessed for evermore, knoweth that I lie not.

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

Romans 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Hosea 11:9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If the Bible is correct in the way God is described, there is no way that Jesus can be God. God is Unchanging, Impassable, Infinite, Omnipresent, Self-Existent, Self-Sufficient, and Immaterial, and Jesus did not have those attributes. That means that logically speaking Jesus was not God.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus did in many ways say he is God, but to be absolutely correct per his actual quoted words in scriptures he did not use those exact words, but the one who recorded his words did infact say that. The apostle John Said in the first chapter of John verse 1; In the beginning was the Word, and Word was with God and the Word Was God. Verse 2 He was with God in the beginning, Through him All things were made and without him nothing was made that was made.
John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word refers to Jesus.

The Word was God because Jesus was God manifested in the flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The following two verses are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made by God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

To summarize, the Word was Jesus who was a Manifestation of God.

The Holy Spirit and the Word are the "appearance of God." The Word means the divine perfections that "appeared" in Jesus Christ. That's why we have this verse further down.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word (Jesus) was made flesh and dwelt among us means that Jesus, who had previously been with God in the spiritual world (heaven) before His birth, was born into this world (made flesh) and walked among us. It does not mean that God became flesh.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Jesus called himself "I AM", (John 8:58-59) the same Name God gave to Moses,
John 8:58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” 59 At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

Jesus said “before Abraham was born, I am!” because Jesus existed before Abraham was born into this world. That is because Jesus existed in the spiritual world (heaven) before He was born into this world.

The Prophets, unlike us, are pre-existent. The soul of Christ existed in the spiritual world before His birth in this world. We cannot imagine what that world is like, so words are inadequate to picture His state of being.​

(Shoghi Effendi: High Endeavors, Page: 71)​

The Jews picked up stones to stone Jesus because they mistakenly thought Jesus was claiming to be God.

Bird123

You are choosing to limit yourself through the belief you choose for yourself.
You deny you have a belief so you can keep the belief you seem to want and need so badly.
I admit I have a belief but it does not limit my actions in this world, although it prevents me from holding false beliefs.

I do not put limits on myself just because I do not believe what you believe.
I could just as easily say you put limits on yourself since you limit yourself to what you believe.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!
There is a difference between us. I am one who must know. I could never stop at believing as you have.

Clearly, knowing is not what you seek. God is not what you seek. Your every effort is spent in protecting your beliefs instead of exploring all the possibilities in order to Discover what is. Your excuse that God is unreachable justifies you not seeking anything at all.

God is so much more than a box of beliefs. If you think that God only wants you to know what is in a box of beliefs or from a few that you deem messengers, you really do not know God at all. Further, since you keep your distance with middlemen, God is not who you seek.

What is it that you do seek? Do you even know?

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
If you think that God only wants you to know what is in a box of beliefs or from a few that you deem messengers, you really do not know God at all..
Almighty God guides whomsoever He wills, and leaves astray whomsoever He wills.

One thing that I have noticed, is that those who preach to others that they "know God",
are the ones most likely to be astray.

satan himself claims he knows it all .. it's not wise to follow in his footsteps.