• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a life after death.....

If there will be a life after Death....which one of the choices makes more sense:

• Our soul continues to live on, but we never get a physical body again

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Our soul comes back in another body, as in incarnation

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • There will be a physical Resurrection at the End, and we will come back to life

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Bird123

Almighty God guides whomsoever He wills, and leaves astray whomsoever He wills.

One thing that I have noticed, is that those who preach to others that they "know God",
are the ones most likely to be astray.

satan himself claims he knows it all .. it's not wise to follow in his footsteps.
God leaves no one astray. There is much more going on.
God is guiding everyone. It's bigger than you realize. Think Multi-Angular. God is working on multiple levels with multiple views compounded with all the possible statistics of currently 7 billion people. There is much to consider before one can make valid judgment calls. One that walks astray might just Discover a better way as a result.

Satan does not exist. Blame is one of the petty things mankind holds so dear. Do we really need to invent someone we can Blame? Blame will never bring the best results. It is useless energy spent.

As for myself. I do not preach. I am stating what is. I might point to where one can Discover what I have Discovered for themselves, however Neither God nor I will tell you what to choose. Free choice is a big part of God's system. Choosing is far too important to allow others to do it for you.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

John 1 King James Version (KJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word refers to Jesus.

The Word was God because Jesus was God manifested in the flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The following two verses are about God, not about Jesus. All things were made by God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

To summarize, the Word was Jesus who was a Manifestation of God.

The Holy Spirit and the Word are the "appearance of God." The Word means the divine perfections that "appeared" in Jesus Christ. That's why we have this verse further down.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word (Jesus) was made flesh and dwelt among us means that Jesus, who had previously been with God in the spiritual world (heaven) before His birth, was born into this world (made flesh) and walked among us. It does not mean that God became flesh.
I am not really sure if you were arguing for me or against. You stated correctly that the Word is speaking of Jesus and we Christians all agree. You said he is God manifested in the flesh and this again is correct but then you say he is simply the appearance of God as if he was not real or some shadow of the living God, and that does not fit with scripture.

Matthew 1:23 He is Emanuel, God with us, not a shadow, or appearance but God who took on flesh and became a man. Now he is fully man, and from eternity is God the only Begotten SON, MEANING HE IS NOW THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION, REPLACING ADAM, who failed to keep the commandments of God and brought sin to all mankind. God needed a man to bring about a new race. A new creation. He became man and thru the Son delivered us from our sins. Jesus is the Last Adam who has redeemed a people for himself that all who would believe in HIM, HE gives them the right to become Children of God. Only God can do that.

Philippians 2:6-8
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Jesus is Fully man, he limited himself to do this while on earth, he laid aside his omnipotence for a time, and subjected himself to taking on the form of a man, and became the perfect example for all mankind in his relationship to the father, which by the way I did not say he is the Father, as the Father is not the Son, it is beyond our understadning but that is what true faith is. Believing in what the Word says though we don't understand. This will happen in time, but for now we simply take God for his word. You spoke of many scriptures that absolutley speak of Jesus and the Father being two distinct beings, but yet Isaiah says

Isaiah 43:11 You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may consider and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no god was formed, and after Me none will come. 11I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no Savior but me.

So there seem to be many contradictions unless you understand that Jesus and the Father are TRULY ONE GOD. This again is a divine mystery that will not be fully understood on this side of eternity.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There is a difference between us. I am one who must know. I could never stop at believing as you have.
You do not know God.
Clearly, knowing is not what you seek.
I do not seek to know what no man has ever known, the essence of God. Not even the Messengers know the essence of God, and you think you do?
God is not what you seek. Your every effort is spent in protecting your beliefs instead of exploring all the possibilities in order to Discover what is. Your excuse that God is unreachable justifies you not seeking anything at all.
I do not have to seek God since I already know everything that is possible to know about God at this time, through Baha'u'llah.
That God is unreachable in this life is the truth. God occupies the loftiest seats in heaven, with the Messengers. Whether we will ever reach God in the afterlife is unknown.
God is so much more than a box of beliefs. If you think that God only wants you to know what is in a box of beliefs or from a few that you deem messengers, you really do not know God at all. Further, since you keep your distance with middlemen, God is not who you seek.
Since I know that the Messengers are the only ones who know anything about God, I seek to know what they revealed.
That is not a box of beliefs, it is knowledge of God, to the extent that we an know God.
What is it that you do seek? Do you even know?
I already found what I was looking for, but I will continue to learn and grow forever.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I am not really sure if you were arguing for me or against. You stated correctly that the Word is speaking of Jesus and we Christians all agree. You said he is God manifested in the flesh and this again is correct but then you say he is simply the appearance of God as if he was not real or some shadow of the living God, and that does not fit with scripture.
I am not arguing for or against you. I am just stating what I believe, which is the same as what you believe although there are some differences.
Christians believe that Jesus was God incarnated in the flesh and I believe that Jesus was God manifested in the flesh. The difference is that incarnated means Jesus literally became God, and manifested means that Jesus perfectly manifested all of Gods attributes, so Jesus was a mirror image of God.

Jesus Christ is God who was manifested in the flesh but the essence of God did not become flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Being manifested in the flesh is not the same as being incarnated in the flesh. The excerpt below from a longer article explains the difference between a Manifestation of God and an incarnation of God.

“The Christian equivalent to the Bahá'í concept of Manifestation is the concept of incarnation. The word to incarnate means 'to embody in flesh or 'to assume, or exist in, a bodily (esp. a human) form (Oxford English Dictionary). From a Bahá'í point of view, the important question regarding the subject of incarnation is, what does Jesus incarnate? Bahá'ís can certainly say that Jesus incarnated Gods attributes, in the sense that in Jesus, Gods attributes were perfectly reflected and expressed.[4] The Bahá'í scriptures, however, reject the belief that the ineffable essence of the Divinity was ever perfectly and completely contained in a single human body, because the Bahá'í scriptures emphasize the omnipresence and transcendence of the essence of God…..

One can argue that Bahá'u'lláh is asserting that epistemologically the Manifestations are God, for they are the perfect embodiment of all we can know about God; but ontologically they are not God, for they are not identical with God's essence. Perhaps this is the meaning of the words attributed to Jesus in the gospel of John: 'If you had known me, you would have known my Father also' (John 14:7) and 'he who has seen me has seen the Father (John 14:9)…..

The New Testament, similarly, contains statements where Jesus describes Himself as God, and others where He makes a distinction between Himself and God. For example, 'I and the Father are One (John 10:30); and 'the Father is in me, and I am in the Father (John 1038); but on the other hand, 'the Father is greater than I (John 14:28); and 'Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone (Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19). These statements do not contradict, but are complementary if one assumes they assert an epistemological oneness with God, but an ontological separateness from the Unknowable Essence.”

Jesus Christ in the Bahá'í Writings
Matthew 1:23 He is Emanuel, God with us, not a shadow, or appearance but God who took on flesh and became a man. Now he is fully man, and from eternity is God the only Begotten SON, MEANING HE IS NOW THE FIRSTBORN OF ALL CREATION, REPLACING ADAM, who failed to keep the commandments of God and brought sin to all mankind. God needed a man to bring about a new race. A new creation. He became man and thru the Son delivered us from our sins. Jesus is the Last Adam who has redeemed a people for himself that all who would believe in HIM, HE gives them the right to become Children of God. Only God can do that.

Philippians 2:6-8
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Jesus is Fully man, he limited himself to do this while on earth, he laid aside his omnipotence for a time, and subjected himself to taking on the form of a man, and became the perfect example for all mankind in his relationship to the father, which by the way I did not say he is the Father, as the Father is not the Son, it is beyond our understadning but that is what true faith is. Believing in what the Word says though we don't understand. This will happen in time, but for now we simply take God for his word. You spoke of many scriptures that absolutley speak of Jesus and the Father being two distinct beings, but yet Isaiah says

Isaiah 43:11 You are My witnesses,” declares the LORD, “and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may consider and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no god was formed, and after Me none will come. 11I, yes I, am the LORD, and there is no Savior but me.

So there seem to be many contradictions unless you understand that Jesus and the Father are TRULY ONE GOD. This again is a divine mystery that will not be fully understood on this side of eternity.
You can use scriptures to try to prove whatever you want to prove by picking and choosing what supports your views.
Then I can find other scriptures that support my views, and this can go on endlessly. I prefer to share my views and you can share yours and then we can see what our views have in common.

The Son, who is in eternal relation to the Father and Spirit, did not have to humble himself and choose to assume a human nature because the Son of God had BOTH a human nature and a divine nature. That means that God conferred upon Jesus a spiritual nature that ordinary humans do not possess. God assigned a twofold nature upon Jesus, the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual nature, which is born of the substance of God Himself. You can call that His divine nature.

I will leave you with this passage that explains the twofold nature of Jesus.

“Unto this subtle, this mysterious and ethereal Being He hath assigned a twofold nature; the physical, pertaining to the world of matter, and the spiritual, which is born of the substance of God Himself. He hath, moreover, conferred upon Him a double station. The first station, which is related to His innermost reality, representeth Him as One Whose voice is the voice of God Himself. To this testifieth the tradition: “Manifold and mysterious is My relationship with God. I am He, Himself, and He is I, Myself, except that I am that I am, and He is that He is.” …. The second station is the human station, exemplified by the following verses: “I am but a man like you.” “Say, praise be to my Lord! Am I more than a man, an apostle?”​

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
One that walks astray might just Discover a better way as a result..
There is always a possibility .. we are able to change our minds.
Our intentions and deeds affect our very souls.

Satan does not exist..
That is like saying evil does not exist, and nobody is capable of following other than God.

Blame is one of the petty things mankind holds so dear. Do we really need to invent someone we can Blame?
It is not a question of blame .. it is a question of being aware.

satan fell from grace through pride and arrogance.
We see a lot of that going on in the world today..
eg. I am right .. I am better than you lot etc.

RestlessSoul

Yes. It takes large, particle physics research facilities like CERN.

CERN isn't looking for God. The 'God particle' was a figure of speech.

The study of theoretical physics, however, opens the door to philosophy; and philosophy's door is always open, or at least partially ajar, to the possibility of God.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you think that reality = this world. I mean do you think reality is limited to this world.
Reality is the collection of objects and processes that affect one another in space through time. That includes all of those other solar systems you referred to, which affect one another gravitationally and which deliver photons, neutrinos, and gravitational waves to this planet and all others announcing their existence (reality) by affecting one another.

Regarding the reality of gods, if a god affected a Messenger, then the god is real. If one answers prayers, manifests in flesh, or performs miracles, it is causally connected to us and we call it real or actual, and it is a part of nature.

If we imagine a deity that cannot modify our reality, we can say that it is causally disconnected from our collection of real objects and processes, is indistinguishable from the nonexistent, and its possibility can be disregarded.
I said: I do not believe we can SEE God's actions in this world.
Don't you believe that the words of the messenger are the result of an action of a god and are visible?
what you have learned is different from what I have learned. That is why you have a certain opinion about the evidence and I have a different opinion.
Agreed. I've learned a formal method for evaluating evidence that reliably generates sound conclusions that can be tested and confirmed. You use a different method and have different beliefs.
I do agree it would be an easier way for everyone to believe that God exists by him physically revealing himself, but the God of the Bible who alone claims he created all things, has appeared in the past according the scripture, thru powerful supernatural events,.i.e. the plagues at Egypt, the parting of the red sea, raining manna from heaven, pouring out water from a rock, etc. and these did not cause many (even most of the Israelites) to truly honor, worship and Glorify God! As God.
Or, miracles never occurred, so naturally, nobody was convinced of any god. That's not a possibility the believer can seriously consider, so he instead must come up with an explanation for why people can witness something that should convince them of a transhuman presence yet still not be moved by it, and also why a god would choose to manifest in a way that doesn't clearly indicate the presence of a god. All of that disappears with the addition of skepticism, or the unwillingness to believe that miracles occurred simply because somebody said they did.
We who believe today, truly believe with our whole being and know for absolute certain that God is real.
I'm sure you are certain, but that's not the same as being correct.
All of the beliefs come down to the word FAITH.
None of my beliefs are faith-based. One can develop a habit of thought as automatic and effortless as saying please and thank you to not believe before having sufficient evidence to justify that belief. It's called critical thinking. I alluded to it above.

Last edited:

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
it's always an option to ignore the bigger questions that you cannot answer.
And a good one once realizes that he has reached the limit of knowledge and still doesn't have an answer and never will however much he continues to dwell on the matter.
I for one, am not prepared to ignore such important questions.
Then you can dwell on them until your last breath, but they remain "questions that you cannot answer." There is no virtue in continuing to seek for what cannot be found. The virtue is to recognize that and quit dithering over unanswerable questions. I liken it to looking for your lost keys for the rest of your life. The virtue is to recognize when that search should end in order to spend one's time more profitably doing more productive things.

Searching for gods falls into this category for me. I understood long ago that that is a pointless endeavor. If gods exist, they are not discernible, and unlike you, I don't consider the question important. In fact, the answer isn't even useful. Suppose I could know for a fact that a god created the laws of physics and our universe. So what? What changes then? How should I live differently knowing that? You might think that I should go grab a holy book and read it. I disagree. I've seen those books. They have nothing of value for me even if a god or gods exist. The people who wrote those books wouldn't know anything about them.

Bthoth

There is always a possibility .. we are able to change our minds.
Our intentions and deeds affect our very souls.
Actions expose what is evil and what is good.
That is like saying evil does not exist, and nobody is capable of following other than God.
Has nothing to do with a satan. Evil can be done and exist without blaming an outside entity.
It is not a question of blame .. it is a question of being aware.
Correct, aware of the actions that a 'self' can cause to exist.
satan fell from grace through pride and arrogance.
We see a lot of that going on in the world today..
eg. I am right .. I am better than you lot etc.
a satan does not exist as a separate entity causing bad.

It is people (conscious life) that can be selfish and believe itself to be separate

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God is guiding everyone.
No, God is not guiding everyone. God is only guiding those He chooses to guide. If God was guiding everyone, there would be no atheists.
God does not guide those who reject Him since that would interfere with their free will to choose.

"Some were guided by the Light of God, gained admittance into the court of His presence, and quaffed, from the hand of resignation, the waters of everlasting life, and were accounted of them that have truly recognized and believed in Him. Others rebelled against Him, and rejected the signs of God, the Most Powerful, the Almighty, the All-Wise.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 145
“Whoso maketh efforts for Us,” he shall enjoy the blessings conferred by the words: “In Our Ways shall We assuredly guide him.””​

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
a satan does not exist as a separate entity causing bad.

It is people (conscious life) that can be selfish and believe itself to be separate
I fully agree.

“The reality underlying this question is that the evil spirit, Satan or whatever is interpreted as evil, refers to the lower nature in man. This baser nature is symbolized in various ways. In man there are two expressions, one is the expression of nature, the other the expression of the spiritual realm…. God has never created an evil spirit; all such ideas and nomenclature are symbols expressing the mere human or earthly nature of man. It is an essential condition of the soil of earth that thorns, weeds and fruitless trees may grow from it. Relatively speaking, this is evil; it is simply the lower state and baser product of nature.”

Abdu’l-Baha, Promulgation of Universal Peace, pp. 294–295

Bthoth

No, God is not guiding everyone. God is only guiding those He chooses to guide. If God was guiding everyone, there would be no atheists.
God does not guide those who reject Him since that would interfere with their free will to choose.

The person does the deed(s). No god is doing them and it is only the person claiming that his choice was by god.

Bthoth

I fully agree.

“The reality underlying this question is that the evil spirit, Satan or whatever is interpreted as evil, refers to the lower nature in man.
Sure, the person chooses what side and action to take.
This baser nature is symbolized in various ways. In man there are two expressions, one is the expression of nature, the other the expression of the spiritual realm….
Their own conscious is the guide. About like having a little angel on one shoulder and the opposing on the other. The arguments are within the head as their own conscious is measuring before acting.
God has never created an evil spirit; all such ideas and nomenclature are symbols expressing the mere human or earthly nature of man. It is an essential condition of the soil of earth that thorns, weeds and fruitless trees may grow from it. Relatively speaking, this is evil; it is simply the lower state and baser product of nature.”
OK..... wordy but back to the same core, the person is making the choices.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
Then you can dwell on them until your last breath, but they remain "questions that you cannot answer."
No, they don't .. it is more a question of how much we might have wrong.
There is more to life than your "critical thinking materialism".
Just because we can not physically observe something, such as the concept of a higher purpose/God,
it doesn't mean that it's all rubbish.

There is no virtue in continuing to seek for what cannot be found.
Well that's daft .. how do you know for sure it can't be found, if you do not seek? :)
Clearly, you have no interest in finding anything other than the material.