• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

If there is a life after death.....

If there will be a life after Death....which one of the choices makes more sense:

• Our soul continues to live on, but we never get a physical body again

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Our soul comes back in another body, as in incarnation

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • There will be a physical Resurrection at the End, and we will come back to life

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 16 42.1%

• Total voters

Little Dragon

satan himself claims he knows it all .. it's not wise to follow in his footsteps.
I am sure he knows a few things that a certain species of hominid have yet to discover, given that this entity was allegedly created long before this galaxy and all its worlds and suns, including the Earth, even formed. Just saying.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my opinion, no.

I feel that I feel and know my own “soul” - it’s not the sort of thing one can describe to another in words though… yet, it’s not dissimilar to the feeling of knowing that I like/dislike an “atmosphere” for instance.

I cannot myself recall feeling pink unicorns within me. Though I’m sure that doing so would be pleasant and I cannot claim that no one else feels that they do feel pink unicorns within themselves; in which case, they’re likely to believe in the existence of pink unicorns.

Humbly,
Hermit
Is not what you describe simply self-awareness ─ the sense of self?

The nature of consciousness has been much studied, with added emphasis in and after WW2 because better anesthetics became available then. If the daily phenomenon of sleep is not enough to persuade, the ability of administered chemicals (eg anesthetics) to induce unconsciousness points to consciousness being the product of the bioelectrical and biochemical processes of the brain. (In a more general form, this was asserted by various schools of philosophy as well, not least those opposed to Cartesian dualism; what science is adding is the 'how'.)

Can you give a satisfactory demonstration of a credible alternative? If so, please do.

Again my assumptions are irrelevant. But the Scriptures that say.......

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Galatians 1:4
: The Lord Jesus Christ is the One who gave Himself for our sins so that He might rescue us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father.” He gave Himself for our sins; He paid the penalty and provided atonement.

John 1:9-13

9 This was the true light that enlightens every person by his coming into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him. Yet the world did not recognize him.
11 He came to his own creation, yet his own people did not receive him.
12 However, to all who received him, those believing in his name, he gave authority to become God’s children,
13 who were born, not merely in a genetic sense, nor from lust, nor from man’s desire, but from the will of God.

Bird123

There is always a possibility .. we are able to change our minds.
Our intentions and deeds affect our very souls.

That is like saying evil does not exist, and nobody is capable of following other than God.

It is not a question of blame .. it is a question of being aware.

satan fell from grace through pride and arrogance.
We see a lot of that going on in the world today..
eg. I am right .. I am better than you lot etc.
Evil does not exist. It is no more than an excuse to hate. When you label others as evil, it that really a Higher Level?? On the other hand, there are bad choices along with bad results which teaches one what not to do.
Widen the view!! There is more to see!!

Satan never did exist. You just must get beyond those stories mankind teaches.

Ok, let's invent the satan you think exists then place this satan in True Reality.
The final result: How are you going to act when, in time, satan makes it to Heaven and sitting right next to you??? Will you fail the test?

All God's children will journey, learn and grow until they Discover what the best choices really are. When one understands all sides, Intelligence will make the best choices.

Do you really think a Being capable of creating universes really has a problem with anyone??

Since all God's children will, in time, learn to create a Heavenly state for themselves and others, there is no need to Hate, Judge, Blame, Condemn. There is no need for Wrath, Anger,Revenge, or Pay back. There is only a need to teach and learn and grow guiding each other forward.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Bird123

No, God is not guiding everyone. God is only guiding those He chooses to guide. If God was guiding everyone, there would be no atheists.
God does not guide those who reject Him since that would interfere with their free will to choose.

"Some were guided by the Light of God, gained admittance into the court of His presence, and quaffed, from the hand of resignation, the waters of everlasting life, and were accounted of them that have truly recognized and believed in Him. Others rebelled against Him, and rejected the signs of God, the Most Powerful, the Almighty, the All-Wise.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 145
“Whoso maketh efforts for Us,” he shall enjoy the blessings conferred by the words: “In Our Ways shall We assuredly guide him.””​
God is guiding everyone. This does include Atheists. Go talk with some Atheists. There is a side you need to hear. Listen instead of telling. There is something God wants you to hear!! If you run out of things to talk about, ask them about Math. Let them tell you how baha does not really add up.

Religion creates a WE against they. This is not God!! This is not a Higher Level.
With God, it is an US, regardless of any beliefs one has. Don't you see? It has never ever been about Beliefs!!

That's what I see. It's very clear!!

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I see you have a lot of extra biblical beliefs specifically about Christ Jesus. I have come to know Jesus exclusively thru Scripture. Your assumptions of Jesus beyond scripture are just that. Assumptions. And so would mine.
I agree that we cannot know Jesus except through Scripture.
I also know Jesus through Scripture, but I know some things about Jesus from Baha'i scripture, not only from the New Testament scripture.
So please know that I did not say that to offend you. But It is vital that we understand God correctly, and even more important, WHY JESUS WAS MANIFESTED, lest we be deceived and believe a lie. The bible is very clear why he came and what his purpose (Big Picture) when he appeared on earth. I am curious why do you believe Jesus, as per 1 Timothy 3:16 does in fact say " was manifested in the Flesh "? What was his purpose for coming to earth?
I believe that Jesus was God manifested in the flesh but I do not believe that Jesus was God incarnated in the flesh because I do not believe that God can become flesh.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word (Jesus) was made flesh and dwelt among us means that Jesus, who had previously been with God in the spiritual world (heaven) before His birth, was born into this world (made flesh) and walked among us. It does not mean that God became flesh.

Jesus clearly explained why He came to earth in this verse. Jesus came to earth to bear witness to the truth about God.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I am not.

Whenever someone refers to life, any living thing, they are talking about a physical organic object that fits the definition of "alive".
The assumption is all on your end. And it's not a justified assumption.

The "physical" part of "physical life", is redundant.

Yes when you kill a living thing, it by definition is no longer alive.

Yes, just like you are no longer a bachelor after getting married.

Except that I do. Here's the dictionary definitions of "life":

View attachment 83989

Life is physical by definition.
It even says so in the definition itself that life is distinguished from inorganic objects and dead organisms.

Again, the assumption is entirely on your end. And it's not a sensible assumption
Maybe a better question is can there be life after this one is over. By 'this one' I mean can a person who dies ever resume his life again?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God is guiding everyone. This does include Atheists. Go talk with some Atheists. There is a side you need to hear.
You are the one who needs to talk to the Atheists. They will tell you they do not believe that God exists, so God is not guiding them since a nonexistent God cannot guide anyone.
Religion creates a WE against they. This is not God!! This is not a Higher Level.
With God, it is an US, regardless of any beliefs one has. Don't you see? It has never ever been about Beliefs!!
Religion does not create a WE against THEY.
You are the only one who is creating a WE against THEY, and you do that whenever you denigrate people who have religious beliefs.
More correctly stated, it is YOU against THEY and THEY are the religious believers. Too bad you are too blind to see it.

With God, it is an US, regardless of any beliefs one has.

Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

"How ignorant therefore the thought that God who created man, educated and nurtured him, surrounded him with all blessings, made the sun and all phenomenal existence for his benefit, bestowed upon him tenderness and kindness, and then did not love him. This is palpable ignorance, for no matter to what religion a man belongs even though he be an atheist or materialist nevertheless God nurtures him, bestows His kindness and sheds upon him His light."

('Abdu'l-Baha, Star of the West, Vol. 8, issue 7, p. 78)

I agree that we cannot know Jesus except through Scripture.
I also know Jesus through Scripture, but I know some things about Jesus from Baha'i scripture, not only from the New Testament scripture.

I believe that Jesus was God manifested in the flesh but I do not believe that Jesus was God incarnated in the flesh because I do not believe that God can become flesh.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The Word (Jesus) was made flesh and dwelt among us means that Jesus, who had previously been with God in the spiritual world (heaven) before His birth, was born into this world (made flesh) and walked among us. It does not mean that God became flesh.

Jesus clearly explained why He came to earth in this verse. Jesus came to earth to bear witness to the truth about God.

John 18:37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

muhammad_isa

Veteran Member
How are you going to act when, in time, satan makes it to Heaven and sitting right next to you???
Firstly, I have no idea what my fate will be .. I rely on G-d's Mercy.
Secondly, I don't expect to see 'top-level security prisoners' on the high-street,
so why should I expect to meet them in a life hereafter, unless I become one myself?

Bthoth

I see you have a lot of extra biblical beliefs specifically about Christ Jesus. I have come to know Jesus exclusively thru Scripture. Your assumptions of Jesus beyond scripture are just that. Assumptions. And so would mine. So please know that I did not say that to offend you. But It is vital that we understand God correctly, and even more important, WHY JESUS WAS MANIFESTED, lest we be deceived and believe a lie. The bible is very clear why he came and what his purpose (Big Picture) when he appeared on earth. I am curious why do you believe Jesus, as per 1 Timothy 3:16 does infact say " was manifested in the Flesh "? What was his purpose for coming to earth?
timothy docs are letters between churches, regarding how to believe. Not recorded quotes of jesus. Huge mistake that people using the bible constantly make. It's about like the popes making up beliefs and trying to speak for jesus or any of the gods.

I appreciate you pointing out that he came to speak and bear the truth..........Pilate then asked What is truth? The truth is not something but someone. John 14:6 "I AM" the WAY the TRUTH the LIFE. This very clearly understood by all beleivers in Jesus Christ that Jesus is THE WAY, (the path, the bridge to Eternal Life, Restoration to the fellowship with the Father that was lost in the garden by our first parents sins, which then effected all mankind.)
Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—
Romans 5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ!

According to scripture, Jesus alone restores us to the Father thru his sacrifice on the cross. You quoted Jesus and he said "to everyone that is of the truth hears his voice" well what did he say? and more importantly what did he do? That very day he spoke those words he was crucified, and although this was done by evil men who hated him, he said he freely laid down his life, noone took it but that he laid it down......for what purpose? I asked that before, and then per the scriptures I answered it. This is most serious and we must get this right. This is'nt about my opinions or yours, it's about whether or not what Jesus said is TRUTH, not a truth, not some truth not even most truth. Either he is who he says he is or is not. And if I find even some of the things he said wasn't true how am I to really believe anything he said. HE MADE A VERY BOLD STATEMENT and you either accept him or you don't. HE SAID I AM......THE TRUTH. Everything else that claims to be truth, when found to be different, against, opposite or opposing his words, for everyone who accepts Jesus to be THE TRUTH, they are unequivocally and immediately dismissed as false. This is not arrogance or anything on the part of we who believe him and take every single word that he says as truth, but it is a complete trust in who Jesus CLAIMED to be. That is a decision every human must make. In the beginning was THE WORD.....and the WORD WAS GOD.

Finally he said I AM...THE LIFE
John 5:24
I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life

John 3:17-19 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever DOES NOT BELIEVE stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. And the judgment is based on this fact: God’s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil.

Believing is more than just believing that Jesus existed. It is believing in Him, accepting him as Our Lord and savior, trusting in him for forgiveness of sins.

I am a witness to these truths as is every true believer. Not of any works we have done, but we truly have been born again, made new creations thru Christ Jesus..........Old things have passed away and behold All things Become NEW

TITUS 3:3-8
3. At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.
4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, (JESUS CHRIST)
5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,
7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

Be Blessed in Believing in Christ Jesus!

timothy docs are letters between churches, regarding how to believe. Not recorded quotes of jesus. Huge mistake that people using the bible constantly make. It's about like the popes making up beliefs and trying to speak for jesus or any of the gods.
This is entirely your opinon, not based on anyone who studies the Word or seriously scrutinizes the WORD. Having said that, are you aware of anything in the New Testament letters/books, i.e. I and II Timothy, Ephesians, Galatians, Philippians, Romans, I and II Thessalonians, Titus, I and II Corinthians, all written by the Apostle Paul that contradict the four gospels or any other book for that matter, written by John, Peter, James and John?

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a difference between us. I am one who must know. I could never stop at believing as you have.
When I asked you to explain what you knew, nothing happened , as you'll recall.

Clearly, knowing is not what you seek. God is not what you seek.
And I asked you what real entity you intended to denote when you said "God", but you didn't know, you'll recall.

Your every effort is spent in protecting your beliefs instead of exploring all the possibilities in order to Discover what is. Your excuse that God is unreachable justifies you not seeking anything at all.
You never considered the various matters I put to you; your every effort was in protecting whatever it was ─ as I said, you never actually articulated it ─ that you were protecting.

So perhaps you should get your own position clear to yourself ─ to the point where you can clearly articulate it to others ─ before tut-tutting others about their particular views.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I appreciate you pointing out that he came to speak and bear the truth..........Pilate then asked What is truth? The truth is not something but someone. John 14:6 "I AM" the WAY the TRUTH the LIFE. This very clearly understood by all beleivers in Jesus Christ that Jesus is THE WAY, (the path, the bridge to Eternal Life, Restoration to the fellowship with the Father that was lost in the garden by our first parents sins, which then effected all mankind.)
In what sense can a person be "the truth"?

I'd say that truth was a quality of statements, and that a statement was true to the extent that it corresponded with / accurately reflected objective reality.

How do you define "truth" such a that person can be "the truth"?

David1967

Premium Member
Any of these options make sense to the person who follows that particular religious point of view. The religion I grew up in believes in a resurrection of the dead and a final judgment where the righteous go on to eternal bliss and the wicked are punished forever in ways that even the most evil and sadistic of humanity would be envious of. Hopefully that last part is wrong. My personal view is that we go on. In what manner or form that is, I don't know. If we're honest with each other none of us do. We hope for something better beyond this life and often connect with a religion that gives us some kind of hope.

Little Dragon

The religion I grew up in believes in a resurrection of the dead and a final judgment where the righteous go on to eternal bliss and the wicked are punished forever in ways that even the most evil and sadistic of humanity would be envious of. Hopefully that last part is wrong.
Given that the people I love and care about, are not christians or muslims, are, according to christians and muslims, going to hell for eternal punishment, for the crime of not believing in their gods.
Then that's where I am going.
I don't care whether I've been "saved" or not. I go were they go. End of.